Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

A soft blur moved across the lot away from the transport before leaping nimbly up the side of a building then diving off it and launching her grapple in mid air. the Wrist mounted launcher snagged one of the Yachts main antenna and she used it to reel her in before rolling through the air and landing gracefully on the yachts upper deck.

All without making a sound thanks to the suits baffler tech. Shecould walk on a sheet of broken glass without making a peep. Once on board she moved at a more sedate pace carefully sticking to the shadows where the suits chameleon tech allowed her to simply vanish into the darkness. As she worked she checked the ship from top to bottom moving carefully the whole way through noting every bit of evidence she could.

She spent a moment listening to a couple of foresnsics techs as they gathered evidence while stcking to the roof of the yachts bedroom. her feet made no sound as she padded across the carpet to take a closer look at an Officers note pad and nodding to herself at what she saw.

As she did all this she tried to picture in her head how the attack had occurred starting at the beginning and working her way through the full attack until she had a clear picture in her mind of what had transpired on the Yacht.

OK Rena will begin a slow sweep of the crime scene listening to Forensics as they work and interviews as she comes across them and sneaking a peek at reports as theyre written.

Shell use her HP to activate beginners luck for investigate

Halcyons investigation check _: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26

Also if possible Id like to use her Espionage skill to see if she can put together a picture of the attack and any motivations or possible plans the team may have used or any security measures they bypassed that sort of thing or any knowledge really

Her expertise Espionage check _: 1D20+14 = [20]+14 = 34
:shock: wow ...Okey Dokey

Or if the espionage check cant aid her own maybe use it to aid the others part of the investigation

She will remain stealthed for now moving cautiously and in no hurry.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:06 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:22 pm Semilla paused a bit to hear the description but recovered. "I'm Semilla (SE-mee-ya). It means 'Seed' in Spanish." she explains. "I'm sure the police will take your full statement but can you tell me about this heirloom?"
"It was... it was shaped like blue and magenta coral- I wore it as a necklace! My mother said it came from her own father, who was a WAR HERO! He found it somewhere in the North Atlantic! She said it was very sacred to ancient Celtic tribes. It wasn't made of gold or silver or anything- it doesn't even seem that valuable except that it seems to glow in the moonlight sometimes- I don't know WHY they'd want it!"

PS: Doctor Mercury is presumably still at the base, building her "Gill Pills" or something :). Just in case anyone is wondering where she is.
Ancient Celts? Tha's my neck of the woods. Lemme see if I remember anythin' matchin' tha' description. See if it left any dwoemeric traces. the spirit in Semilla's head counsels.

"Ma'am," Semilla smiles as reassuringly as she's able with stiffened cheeks, "We'll do everything we can to help. Could I get your name and how long ago it was stolen, a description of who took it, any detail might help, and... could you lift your hair so I can see where the necklace was please? And is there anything you might have... felt or experienced while wearing the necklace, no matter how odd?"

Semilla will see if her magic detection, guided by Seamus can pick up traces the coral may have left behind (it may not have, or it may have faded completely).

Seamus will try to remember if there's anything the ancient druid might remember based off the description and/or anything else the witness gives.
Magic: 1D20+15 = [17]+15 = 32
earning her keep as the magic consultant.
Residual Magic is quite clear, just from being around the woman. However, you can tell this is quite clearly NOT Celtic- it is almost certainly from the Greek-adjacent version of Atlantis, and hails from the time before it sank beneath the waves (before written history; Plato merely retold legends that HE was told). The magic wasn't all that powerful, indicating it was a minor charm- likely, it was some form of protective magic, drawing power from the moonlight.

The woman gives her name (Bernadette Masters), and describes a woman with the side of her head shaved, with long black hair swept over to the other side. She wore an evening gown, and pointed some kind of strange object at her- "She had this... strange THING- oh, I wish I knew what it was- it was a dark red, and looked like some kind of sea snail or something like it. She was waving it around while we were all lined up getting our purses and wallets for them, then just snatched my necklace off. Saying something like 'Sorry ma'am, we said ALL your valuables!'- I tried to protest, but she just stuck her hand up and moved on to the next person! I wanted to say something, but I just saw her beat up several grown men, and her friend was shooting out LIGHT BEAMS!"

"My necklace?" she adds, "I don't know... I just always felt safe and at PEACE with it, you know? I never had it appraised or anything- I was too worried it'd just turn out to be worthless JUNK and I couldn't have taken it, I... oh, I just hope you FIND IT!" she sniffs, shaking with emotion.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:54 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"Three times?" Harry asks, looking away from panel on the wall, "That's-"

He pauses and considers how to quantify that. Usually only the craziest of super villians would repeatedly rob the same place over and over again. It wasn't that it never happened, but those that did it were usually caught pretty quickly.

He coughs, "Were there any Atlantis artifacts on the previous auctions where you were robbed?"

He walks over to the wall and inspects the panel.

"And what was stored here?" He points to it, without touching it.
"What? No, those weren't all AUCTIONS- are you new here? We have giant people attacking Mega-City all the time!" he blurts out. "The first time, it was Skyscraper, sticking her damn paws all over my private jet during some fight with SuperStar. The next time, it was Titanica- the Legion of Light woman- being mind-controlled by super-villains into robbing various penthouses- she snagged several antique cars, denting half of them! Thank God I didn't get anything wrecked when the Valley of the Giantesses thing happened!" he adds, pointing out the incident where the Giantesses were ousted by rivals, and took up life in Mega-City, causing a public disaster.

"Look- nobody lives in Mega-City without being expected to have somebody in their pajamas come along and threaten you once in a while, but this is RIDICULOUS!"

He stops when you point out the wall, stalling and getting flustered. "That- that was NOTHING! Just a... private auction. It wasn't MEANT for the public!" he clearly looks uncomfortable.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:56 pm "What about ze one in Mauritania? Ze Richat Structure, or 'Eye of ze Sahara'? It is ze one that matches ze physical description given by Plato: ze size, ze rivers and mountains, ze alternating rings of water and land, ze colored rocks, and takes into account ze changing climate and sea level changes that occurred with ze Younger Dryas?" Adrien decided to ask about the one contender to the name that didn't stay under the waves after the one day and night of destruction.
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 amThe Shield notices a square-shaped hole in the wall, with the "door" actually resembling the wall itself- indicating a secret panel. It's empty, and has clearly been forced open. Harman makes no mention of it, notably- he's only gesturing to the table where the auctioned goods were.
"The Richat Sturcture?" The man asks. "There's been nothing found there YET- we only know about SIX Atlantises so far- North Atlantic, Greece, the Indian Ocean, near the Philippines, near the Bermuda Triangle, and off Madagascar. They're all underwater now, with sea peoples all holed up there. Some of their ancient artifacts end up on the surface during some invasion or another, and I sell them! That's not illegal!" he blurts out, before anybody suggested it wasn't. "Nobody's really looked into that Saharan one yet- how do you know all of this?" he asks, accusatory but also curious as to how a superhero seems to know stuff about Atlantis.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

Ariana was just standing back from her teammates and smiling, happy she didn't have to do the 'pretty girl flirts to get information' bit she'd heard about. She wasn't trained in investigation, she was still just a geek girl with some social skills and first aid training. Now if it were stuff from popular culture that would be her wheelhouse, why couldn't a celebrity supervillain be involved.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:47 am
OK Rena will begin a slow sweep of the crime scene listening to Forensics as they work and interviews as she comes across them and sneaking a peek at reports as theyre written.

Shell use her HP to activate beginners luck for investigate

Halcyons investigation check _: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26

Also if possible Id like to use her Espionage skill to see if she can put together a picture of the attack and any motivations or possible plans the team may have used or any security measures they bypassed that sort of thing or any knowledge really

Her expertise Espionage check _: 1D20+14 = [20]+14 = 34
:shock: wow ...Okey Dokey

Or if the espionage check cant aid her own maybe use it to aid the others part of the investigation

She will remain stealthed for now moving cautiously and in no hurry.
Espionage doesn't really have much to do with the situation, so I don't think that's relevant.

Halcyon spots a few interesting things- laser weapon burns on the walls, indications of plenty of foot traffic or escape routes (via things having been knocked over) and more. Whoever was here wasn't subtle about it- they were carrying some serious hardware. Doors are kicked in and room safes were torn open. It looks... vaguely targeted. There was definitely nowhere near enough time to have searched room-by-room, but only select ones were broken into.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:16 am "The Richat Sturcture?" The man asks. "There's been nothing found there YET- we only know about SIX Atlantises so far- North Atlantic, Greece, the Indian Ocean, near the Philippines, near the Bermuda Triangle, and off Madagascar. They're all underwater now, with sea peoples all holed up there. Some of their ancient artifacts end up on the surface during some invasion or another, and I sell them! That's not illegal!" he blurts out, before anybody suggested it wasn't. "Nobody's really looked into that Saharan one yet- how do you know all of this?" he asks, accusatory but also curious as to how a superhero seems to know stuff about Atlantis.
"Internet conspiracy theorists," Hercule responds.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:02 am The woman gives her name (Bernadette Masters), and describes a woman with the side of her head shaved, with long black hair swept over to the other side. She wore an evening gown, and pointed some kind of strange object at her- "She had this... strange THING- oh, I wish I knew what it was- it was a dark red, and looked like some kind of sea snail or something like it. She was waving it around while we were all lined up getting our purses and wallets for them, then just snatched my necklace off. Saying something like 'Sorry ma'am, we said ALL your valuables!'- I tried to protest, but she just stuck her hand up and moved on to the next person! I wanted to say something, but I just saw her beat up several grown men, and her friend was shooting out LIGHT BEAMS!"

"My necklace?" she adds, "I don't know... I just always felt safe and at PEACE with it, you know? I never had it appraised or anything- I was too worried it'd just turn out to be worthless JUNK and I couldn't have taken it, I... oh, I just hope you FIND IT!" she sniffs, shaking with emotion.
Semilla nods. "We'll do whatever we can." she assures.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine
Arkrite wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:54 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

He coughs, "Were there any Atlantis artifacts on the previous auctions where you were robbed?"

He walks over to the wall and inspects the panel.

"And what was stored here?" He points to it, without touching it.
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:11 am
"Look- nobody lives in Mega-City without being expected to have somebody in their pajamas come along and threaten you once in a while, but this is RIDICULOUS!"

He stops when you point out the wall, stalling and getting flustered. "That- that was NOTHING! Just a... private auction. It wasn't MEANT for the public!" he clearly looks uncomfortable.
Xavion had been content to lay back and let the others take the lead on the investigation while Rena went and did her thing behind the scenes. Years of getting info out of guys like this Harold dude had given the knowledge that if you let them talk long enough, they'll tell you want you want to know without much effort.

They are also notoriously fun to F with. :)

He flapped his leather coat behind him, moved over close to the man, whipped off his shades and glared at him while pointing at the panel. "Well, then, who WAS it meant for?" he growled in his best pissed-off-Samuel-L-Jackson-voice, making sure a little spittle flew out of his mouth from emphasizing the "f" on "for".
Intimidation check: Intimidation: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29

Let the pooping of pants commence! :x :D
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:41 pm SLYCE
Xavion had been content to lay back and let the others take the lead on the investigation while Rena went and did her thing behind the scenes. Years of getting info out of guys like this Harold dude had given the knowledge that if you let them talk long enough, they'll tell you want you want to know without much effort.

They are also notoriously fun to F with. :)

He flapped his leather coat behind him, moved over close to the man, whipped off his shades and glared at him while pointing at the panel. "Well, then, who WAS it meant for?" he growled in his best pissed-off-Samuel-L-Jackson-voice, making sure a little spittle flew out of his mouth from emphasizing the "f" on "for".
Intimidation check: Intimidation: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29

Let the pooping of pants commence! :x :D
(haha, well he ain't saving that)

He jumps back a bit, startled. This ALREADY wasn't his day, and he was already accosted by super-villains. "Y-you can't just come in here and--" he sputters, outraged and frightened, but desperately trying not to show it. "I... LOOK, there's a market for the kind of stuff we have in here- plenty of people want access to Atlantean goods! It's all great status stuff! These were... these were thought to be MAGICAL items! But nobody here could get any of it to work! So I have no way of knowing if they still had any magic in them! We sell them to anonymous bidders! Most of them use go-betweens, so *I* can't help it if they buy something they shouldn't!"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Harry considers the situation and pauses.

"Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember hearing about the perpetrators as having a magical background," He considers the panel and how easily it faded into the background, and he starts to wonder about a new possibility, "Officers, Silver Witch, I need a sounding board if you don't mind. I'm not from around here so I might be wrong, but does it sound a little unusual for somebody to be robbed this many times this often in this city?"
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"I'm more of the popular culture stuff, until the last year I didn't monitor the crime scene that much. But being targetted 3 times in a year by supervillains, twice by giantesses, seems statistically unusual to me. Unless he has any enemies who have been deliberately directing these villains his way, something else might be wrong."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:55 am
He jumps back a bit, startled. This ALREADY wasn't his day, and he was already accosted by super-villains. "Y-you can't just come in here and--" he sputters, outraged and frightened, but desperately trying not to show it. "I... LOOK, there's a market for the kind of stuff we have in here- plenty of people want access to Atlantean goods! It's all great status stuff! These were... these were thought to be MAGICAL items! But nobody here could get any of it to work! So I have no way of knowing if they still had any magic in them! We sell them to anonymous bidders! Most of them use go-betweens, so *I* can't help it if they buy something they shouldn't!"
OOC: I still have a comm, right?
Xavion keeps the bad cop routine up. He looks exasperatedly down at the floor, shakes his head and slowly walks away. He activates the comm in his ear.

"Neville, you copy?" he says quietly. "Can you get us some info on the previous attempted hits on this guy's auctions? Harold Herman, I think. I can't imagine he didn't make reports on these before. He says this is the 3rd time he's been targeted. Witchy's right, seems like more than a coincidence."

He whips back around and glared at Herman. "Just a sec, sparky. Don't you move. I ain't through with you by a damn sight."
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:55 amHe jumps back a bit, startled. This ALREADY wasn't his day, and he was already accosted by super-villains. "Y-you can't just come in here and--" he sputters, outraged and frightened, but desperately trying not to show it. "I... LOOK, there's a market for the kind of stuff we have in here- plenty of people want access to Atlantean goods! It's all great status stuff! These were... these were thought to be MAGICAL items! But nobody here could get any of it to work! So I have no way of knowing if they still had any magic in them! We sell them to anonymous bidders! Most of them use go-betweens, so *I* can't help it if they buy something they shouldn't!"
Arkrite wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:35 am Harry considers the situation and pauses.

"Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember hearing about the perpetrators as having a magical background," He considers the panel and how easily it faded into the background, and he starts to wonder about a new possibility, "Officers, Silver Witch, I need a sounding board if you don't mind. I'm not from around here so I might be wrong, but does it sound a little unusual for somebody to be robbed this many times this often in this city?"
Psistrike wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:51 amSilver Witch says, "I'm more of the popular culture stuff, until the last year I didn't monitor the crime scene that much. But being targetted 3 times in a year by supervillains, twice by giantesses, seems statistically unusual to me. Unless he has any enemies who have been deliberately directing these villains his way, something else might be wrong."
"Ah, there is something else wrong," Hercule says. He turns to the auction-boss, "Sir, how often do you acution off the items which are, as you say, thought to be magical items? Is there a correlation between when you have these, how you say, 'big ticket items' that may have magic and when the big metahuman robberies occur?" This of course is in a French accent, and most of the 'th' sounds sound more like 'z'.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:00 am SLYCE

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:55 am
OOC: I still have a comm, right?
Xavion keeps the bad cop routine up. He looks exasperatedly down at the floor, shakes his head and slowly walks away. He activates the comm in his ear.

"Neville, you copy?" he says quietly. "Can you get us some info on the previous attempted hits on this guy's auctions? Harold Herman, I think. I can't imagine he didn't make reports on these before. He says this is the 3rd time he's been targeted. Witchy's right, seems like more than a coincidence."

He whips back around and glared at Herman. "Just a sec, sparky. Don't you move. I ain't through with you by a damn sight."
Neville barely even bothers checking: "he's a rich guy living in Mega-City- it'd be weirder if he HADN'T been attacked by giant people three times. I mean, this is the largest concentration of metahumans in the world. Their STREET GANGS wear fancy costumes while fighting each other. That said..." he adds, clicking away, "He DOES get his fair share of attention, hence all the security on this detail. Selling 'rich people things', out in the public, is liable to draw that kind of attention, though. From what I can see, he's gotten into some trouble for selling magical objects like the Wand of Wasting to a known sorcerer, but both were using go-betweens, so nothing was able to stick."

"His reputation mainly comes from acquiring rare things, which he's prepared to shell out the cash for, and then re-selling them. Near as I can tell, he has mercenaries working for him, but not typically anything illegal in and of itself. Most of his best stuff is like this auction- undersea things or stuff from aliens."