Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Le Petit Hercule made a judgement call as to when the jet was within 80 metres from the ground, and then lept out of the hatch after the Silver Witch.

"VIVE LA VICTORY LEAGUE!!!" he shouted as he jumped through the air, down to the ground.

Once on the ground, he'll make his way over to the police.
Last edited by Ken on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady
He makes his way to the cockpit and sits in the copilot seat, "So, Renard, think you can give an old man a refresher class? I haven't flown one of these birds since... Well, it was quite some time ago."

"Of course Mon Ami." she says warmly while adjusting the controls slightly. "Controls are a bit more advanced then the Spitfires and Mustangs you're used to, and a lot more of them." she points to the expanded console "30 displays compared to nowadays upwards of 60 or more, however the systems are designed to be more intuitive, the planes practically fly themselves only needing minor guidance here and there." she explains easily as she makes another adjustment.

"We'll go on a test flight when we get done later." she gives a playful wink as the group exits before finally setting the ship down in a nearby lot, and securing the craft.

"I'll be nearby staying incognito and on comms let me know if you need me to put ina perfunctory appearance ok." she added to Harry as they exited the aircraft her mask going on and with a merry tata wave she faded from view as the suits optical camo systems kicked in along with its sound bafflers.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"Wha... you guys again?" says the same officer as the night before. He and his female partner are at the top of the yacht, talking to some harried individuals. "What, do you follow us around?" he smirks. Various other police and passerby are now staring at the brightly-colored team.

"I was wondering when some cape-types were going to show up" says the female- the one the male called "Henderson" last night. "I don't know if you saw the news, but it looks like the Agents of Aquarius have hit down again. What can we help you with?"
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:29 am"I was wondering when some cape-types were going to show up" says the female- the one the male called "Henderson" last night. "I don't know if you saw the news, but it looks like the Agents of Aquarius have hit down again. What can we help you with?"
"Non, it is we who are here to help you," Hercule says gesturing to his teammates on 'we' and to the police on 'you'. "We are here exactly because ze Agents of Aquarius have returned. Zey are a team of, how do you say, metahuman criminals. Ze Victory League is a team of metahuman crimefighters. It is only right that we help you bring them to justice."

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:54 am OOC: Please describe your action plans as you arrive near the dock where the yacht is located. There will be a few police cars out front, harried witnesses wandering around, etc. Presumably you'll park the plane somewhere and move in without Halcyon, who can head out wherever she wishes.
Semilla exits the plane after Shield does. Lacking any specific direction or notion of how to contribute she gravitates toward the witnesses meandering about, looking to give some order to the mess and engaging to calm folks down. She steels herself for their reactions to her monstrous appearance but she'd have to face that some time, right?

"Please, if you have not yet spoken to the police and you have something to contribute gather around this bench." she herds. "Everyone else, please give room."
non-attractive persuasion: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24
but feel free to activate the Appearance complication.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry nods at Hercule's words.

"We were also hoping we might be able to talk with you and check out the scene of the crime, if that's okay," He looks around the area, "I know we can't really enter the scene of the crime until you're done your investigation, but we'd appreciate the chance to look once you are done."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:16 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Harry nods at Hercule's words.

"We were also hoping we might be able to talk with you and check out the scene of the crime, if that's okay," He looks around the area, "I know we can't really enter the scene of the crime until you're done your investigation, but we'd appreciate the chance to look once you are done."
"Hey man, I don't know what kind of police force you think we run here, but we can't just let random people barge into a recent crime scene and tamper with valuable evidence just because they're wearing TIGHTS!" he screws up his face with anger.

"Nah man, I'm just screwing with you. Come on in" he offers to bring the team in, nodding to Hercule's comments as well.

"A small band of super-villains busted in they threw some stuff around. Mainly gimmicked knives and stuff, but one had an energy weapon. Most of the security staff got a pretty severe beating, but the civilians on board were mostly left alone except for some bumps and bruises. A lot of things on the auction block were taken, too.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:12 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:54 am OOC: Please describe your action plans as you arrive near the dock where the yacht is located. There will be a few police cars out front, harried witnesses wandering around, etc. Presumably you'll park the plane somewhere and move in without Halcyon, who can head out wherever she wishes.
Semilla exits the plane after Shield does. Lacking any specific direction or notion of how to contribute she gravitates toward the witnesses meandering about, looking to give some order to the mess and engaging to calm folks down. She steels herself for their reactions to her monstrous appearance but she'd have to face that some time, right?

"Please, if you have not yet spoken to the police and you have something to contribute gather around this bench." she herds. "Everyone else, please give room."
non-attractive persuasion: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24
but feel free to activate the Appearance complication.
"Are... Are you a Tree Girl?" a shivering woman says. She and a male close to her amble over to the group. "C-can you stop those awful people? They... they stole a family heirloom of ours!" She's middle-aged, wearing "50s Housewife Hair" and a black dress. "It's... it's very important to me! oh, I can't believe those awful people! They'll probably HOCK it... or WORSE!"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla paused a bit to hear the description but recovered. "I'm Semilla (SE-mee-ya). It means 'Seed' in Spanish." she explains. "I'm sure the police will take your full statement but can you tell me about this heirloom?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry's face never changes, keep a professional appearance until the policeman admits to the joke at which point he smiles. The cop was kidding, but he'd been chased off a crime scene before. It used to be the rule, not the exception.

"I'm a little surprised," Harry notes, "From what I heard of these guys I expected a lot more collateral damage."

"Anything unique being auctioned off, or do you think it was just a normal robbery?"

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"They STOLE OUR AUCTIONABLE GOODS!" the harried man besides the offer shouts, exasperated! "THAT's what was unique!". He quickly identifies himself as Harold Harman, and says that he was running this auction on his own personal yacht, "Which these super-powered YAHOOS quickly damaged with their rampage, thank you very much! The big one stuck HAND-HOLDS into the sides of my boat! Do you have any idea how hard it is to get HAND-HOLDS from a sixty-foot man out of the side of a vehicle! I'll tell you how hard it is- it's happened to me three damn times since I moved to this god-forsaken town!"

"Now, now, sir, I know this is a stressful situation, but if you could take stock of what was stolen..." the cop tries to gently urge him along. He explains for the benefit of the team that Harman is a wealthy businessman from Old Money, who specializes in rarities and antiquities.

"They took most of what we were auctioning off- rare treasures from Atlantis! ATLANTIS!" he shouts.

"ummm... which one?" the cop asks. This is a reasonable request, actually.

"TWO of them!" Harman corrects himself. "The one in the North Atlantic, and the one by Greece- the one people think was the REAL Atlantis!" Both have underwater cultures going back CENTURIES- we were selling off the Greek-themed stuff here, plus some fantastic coral objects from the North Atlantic Atlantis. I mean, we could have found stuff from the OTHER Atlantises, but everyone thinks those are fake ones." There are, in fact, a lot of cities beneath the oceans that claim to be "Atlantis". One is suspected to be the kingdom of Mu, but changed its name because "Mu" is a dumb name and just made people laugh.

The Shield notices a square-shaped hole in the wall, with the "door" actually resembling the wall itself- indicating a secret panel. It's empty, and has clearly been forced open. Harman makes no mention of it, notably- he's only gesturing to the table where the auctioned goods were.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:22 pm Semilla paused a bit to hear the description but recovered. "I'm Semilla (SE-mee-ya). It means 'Seed' in Spanish." she explains. "I'm sure the police will take your full statement but can you tell me about this heirloom?"
"It was... it was shaped like blue and magenta coral- I wore it as a necklace! My mother said it came from her own father, who was a WAR HERO! He found it somewhere in the North Atlantic! She said it was very sacred to ancient Celtic tribes. It wasn't made of gold or silver or anything- it doesn't even seem that valuable except that it seems to glow in the moonlight sometimes- I don't know WHY they'd want it!"

PS: Doctor Mercury is presumably still at the base, building her "Gill Pills" or something :). Just in case anyone is wondering where she is.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:22 pm Semilla paused a bit to hear the description but recovered. "I'm Semilla (SE-mee-ya). It means 'Seed' in Spanish." she explains. "I'm sure the police will take your full statement but can you tell me about this heirloom?"
"It was... it was shaped like blue and magenta coral- I wore it as a necklace! My mother said it came from her own father, who was a WAR HERO! He found it somewhere in the North Atlantic! She said it was very sacred to ancient Celtic tribes. It wasn't made of gold or silver or anything- it doesn't even seem that valuable except that it seems to glow in the moonlight sometimes- I don't know WHY they'd want it!"

PS: Doctor Mercury is presumably still at the base, building her "Gill Pills" or something :). Just in case anyone is wondering where she is.
Ancient Celts? Tha's my neck of the woods. Lemme see if I remember anythin' matchin' tha' description. See if it left any dwoemeric traces. the spirit in Semilla's head counsels.

"Ma'am," Semilla smiles as reassuringly as she's able with stiffened cheeks, "We'll do everything we can to help. Could I get your name and how long ago it was stolen, a description of who took it, any detail might help, and... could you lift your hair so I can see where the necklace was please? And is there anything you might have... felt or experienced while wearing the necklace, no matter how odd?"

Semilla will see if her magic detection, guided by Seamus can pick up traces the coral may have left behind (it may not have, or it may have faded completely).

Seamus will try to remember if there's anything the ancient druid might remember based off the description and/or anything else the witness gives.
Magic: 1D20+15 = [17]+15 = 32
earning her keep as the magic consultant.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:08 am "Hey man, I don't know what kind of police force you think we run here, but we can't just let random people barge into a recent crime scene and tamper with valuable evidence just because they're wearing TIGHTS!" he screws up his face with anger.

"Nah man, I'm just screwing with you. Come on in" he offers to bring the team in, nodding to Hercule's comments as well.

"A small band of super-villains busted in they threw some stuff around. Mainly gimmicked knives and stuff, but one had an energy weapon. Most of the security staff got a pretty severe beating, but the civilians on board were mostly left alone except for some bumps and bruises. A lot of things on the auction block were taken, too.
Arkrite wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:03 am Harry's face never changes, keep a professional appearance until the policeman admits to the joke at which point he smiles. The cop was kidding, but he'd been chased off a crime scene before. It used to be the rule, not the exception.

"I'm a little surprised," Harry notes, "From what I heard of these guys I expected a lot more collateral damage."

"Anything unique being auctioned off, or do you think it was just a normal robbery?"
Adrien's facial expression did change as the cop went off. And again, when he admitted the joke, Adrien frowned. However, this was all under the blue hood of le Petit Hercule.
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 am "They STOLE OUR AUCTIONABLE GOODS!" the harried man besides the offer shouts, exasperated! "THAT's what was unique!". He quickly identifies himself as Harold Harman, and says that he was running this auction on his own personal yacht, "Which these super-powered YAHOOS quickly damaged with their rampage, thank you very much! The big one stuck HAND-HOLDS into the sides of my boat! Do you have any idea how hard it is to get HAND-HOLDS from a sixty-foot man out of the side of a vehicle! I'll tell you how hard it is- it's happened to me three damn times since I moved to this god-forsaken town!"

"Now, now, sir, I know this is a stressful situation, but if you could take stock of what was stolen..." the cop tries to gently urge him along. He explains for the benefit of the team that Harman is a wealthy businessman from Old Money, who specializes in rarities and antiquities.

"They took most of what we were auctioning off- rare treasures from Atlantis! ATLANTIS!" he shouts.

"ummm... which one?" the cop asks. This is a reasonable request, actually.

"TWO of them!" Harman corrects himself. "The one in the North Atlantic, and the one by Greece- the one people think was the REAL Atlantis!" Both have underwater cultures going back CENTURIES- we were selling off the Greek-themed stuff here, plus some fantastic coral objects from the North Atlantic Atlantis. I mean, we could have found stuff from the OTHER Atlantises, but everyone thinks those are fake ones." There are, in fact, a lot of cities beneath the oceans that claim to be "Atlantis". One is suspected to be the kingdom of Mu, but changed its name because "Mu" is a dumb name and just made people laugh.
"What about ze one in Mauritania? Ze Richat Structure, or 'Eye of ze Sahara'? It is ze one that matches ze physical description given by Plato: ze size, ze rivers and mountains, ze alternating rings of water and land, ze colored rocks, and takes into account ze changing climate and sea level changes that occurred with ze Younger Dryas?" Adrien decided to ask about the one contender to the name that didn't stay under the waves after the one day and night of destruction.
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 amThe Shield notices a square-shaped hole in the wall, with the "door" actually resembling the wall itself- indicating a secret panel. It's empty, and has clearly been forced open. Harman makes no mention of it, notably- he's only gesturing to the table where the auctioned goods were.

Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Three times?" Harry asks, looking away from panel on the wall, "That's-"

He pauses and considers how to quantify that. Usually only the craziest of super villians would repeatedly rob the same place over and over again. It wasn't that it never happened, but those that did it were usually caught pretty quickly.

He coughs, "Were there any Atlantis artifacts on the previous auctions where you were robbed?"

He walks over to the wall and inspects the panel.

"And what was stored here?" He points to it, without touching it.