Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

K'lara nods along with the exposition, seeming to follow along well enough, her skin returning to her original vibrant scarlet hue. "These gangs act much like stables. This NInjas gang does seem to be extending itself, possibly leaving its own territory less protected to their neighboring rivals." the alien warrior tilts her head.

"Has anyone maybe asked the Ninjas about this? If not, that may be a good place to begin to find out why they are acting strangely.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby

"First off, I've never punched a ninja before, so I'm super excited. I mean, I've never punched a hillbilly either, but that seems less cool.

Second, do we know if the ninjas that are attacking the Hillbillies are using the same MO as the Ninja gang? Someone could be trying to stir up trouble. If two gangs across town start fighting, it'll probably drag all the gangs in between into it the fray too. Next thing we know It's going to be like Escape from New York out there."
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

"A hillbilly is like a péquenaud, a yokel, non?" Hercule asked, in response to Flyby. "I would imagine that these 'ninjas' do as most ninjas modernes do: dress like Kabuki machinistes -er- stagehands, and act like the 'ninjas' do in your cinéma américain."

yokel/no/modern/stagehands/American films
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

"Strange," Harry murmurs, stroking his chin.

Sneaking over made sense if they actually were trying to following the Ninja theme, but this sounded like it was an unusual tactic. And it made little sense to attack territory so far from their own turf. How were they planning on holding the new territory after it was taken over?

Was it some kind of private vendetta? This wasn't about taking territory but getting some kind of revenge?
There was also the possibility of it being an attack by another gang trying to frame the would be Ninjas. Let the two turn the entire city into chaos then step in to sweep up the pieces.

There was just too many possibilities and not enough information.

"Is there something special about tonight for why our first action should start then, or is it just that these gangs tend to operate a night?" Harry asked.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"Well, whoever is going to check out the Ninjas I'm with. I've met some of the Hillbillies and I'm in no mood for a 2nd helping of their sexist attitude. At least it isn't the World Warriors, that group has some strong members in it. And are we sure it is the Ninjas gang invading the Hillbillies turf and attacking them? The worst case of all this is a professional group of actual ninjas has been hired for something. Shoot, aren't there some ninjas in the gang based on Mortal Kombat?"
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
Ken wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:29 am le Petit Hercule

"A hillbilly is like a péquenaud, a yokel, non?" Hercule asked, in response to Flyby.
"Yea, pretty much. Dumb theme to build a gang around if you ask me."
Ken wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:29 am"I would imagine that these 'ninjas' do as most ninjas modernes do: dress like Kabuki machinistes -er- stagehands, and act like the 'ninjas' do in your cinéma américain."
"American cinema classics," Sawyer corrects. "I just hope they're not a bunch of thugs dressed as ninjas. I want to punch an authentic Ninja in the face," Sawyer says with an excited grin, while rubbing his hands together.
Formerly luketheduke86
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MAKO

"Back home, we mostly just have biker gangs... and drug smugglers, not too many go for fancy dress. They look a bit suss*." Maia said, "Gotta agree with Flybie, I'm a stoked to git a chance t'punch a real ninja. Pāpā said he fought a few during the War, but they mostly stayed outta New Zealand ever since. There was a bit of a fad for them in the Nineties, but I was just a kid. Pāpā says those were mostly Triads trying to look butch."
The Shield wrote:"Is there something special about tonight for why our first action should start then, or is it just that these gangs tend to operate a night?"
"Bit dodgy, ay?" Maia nodded in agreement with MacKenzie, as she studied the map. Tactical planning wasn't her strong suit and she didn't really know much about American street crime, but she could read a map. There was a lot of ground between Little Shinjuku and the wop** where these Hillbilly bushwackers called their turf. "Maybe we shouldn't just rush down their in our togs, but slip into some civvies and have do a bit a'undercover? Poke around a bit an' see what we can see?"

* Suss = suspect or suspicious. Lots of kiwi colloquialisms are formed by dropping the back two or three syllables from any word with two or more syllables to begin with. New Zealanders also tend to end sentences abruptly leaving off the last two or three word.

** The wops or the wop-wops are what Americans would call the backwoods, the sticks, or the boonies. The wops refers to a place in the middle of nowhere... The wop-wops are the same thing only more so. Which in a country like New Zealand is really saying something. There are towns where the population is in the single digits and they're just considered the wops, not the wop-wops.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MUSTANG
Swiggin the rest of his coffee,Todd say's to the others
"If we're gonna split the locations,i'll go with the crew heading for the Hillbilly's turf,as it'll be less heat on anyone heading into Little Sunjuko...."
If anyone look's at him questioningly,he'll elaborate
"I German Release Suplexed a high ranking Rikishi member through a Bar wall and they've been spoiling for a re-match since then..."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:35 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

"Strange," Harry murmurs, stroking his chin.

Sneaking over made sense if they actually were trying to following the Ninja theme, but this sounded like it was an unusual tactic. And it made little sense to attack territory so far from their own turf. How were they planning on holding the new territory after it was taken over?

Was it some kind of private vendetta? This wasn't about taking territory but getting some kind of revenge?
There was also the possibility of it being an attack by another gang trying to frame the would be Ninjas. Let the two turn the entire city into chaos then step in to sweep up the pieces.

There was just too many possibilities and not enough information.

"Is there something special about tonight for why our first action should start then, or is it just that these gangs tend to operate a night?" Harry asked.
"Well, it's the first night we've had the whole team together, and we've only heard these rumblings lately" Maynard says. "As far as we know, there's nothing special about tonight" he adds, not at all saying something that will bite him on the ass later.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:47 am MUSTANG
HP- 1 Condition-Normal

Ounce back in the room,todd took the seat he had previously and,placing his arms on the back,set his head on jis forearms as he listened to Neville's Briefing....
Taking a swig of his(now cold) coffee,Todd tried to wrack his brain for anything involving any potential Turf Shift's.The Ninja's being THAT far from home was definitely weird....
OOC: Alright,first roll of the game! Let's see how much coyotecode likes Mustang...
10+6=16 Expertise:Streetwise check
Pretty decent roll there....:)

(Your check tells you that gangs fight over adjacent turf in Mega-City. The gangs wearing costumes makes disguising themselves easier, so they could theoretically travel across the town more easily than gangs wearing "colors" could, being mistaken fkr normal people. But still, the Ninjas gang have a theme going, and usually stick to Asian-themed areas, largely because they're famously Japanophiles.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Psistrike wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:37 am "Well, whoever is going to check out the Ninjas I'm with. I've met some of the Hillbillies and I'm in no mood for a 2nd helping of their sexist attitude."
(<*Because a group imitating feudal Japan is going to be so progressive? And if we limit ourselves to fighting criminals who are polite, we'll not be very busy.>)0o. Adrien thought
L-Space wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:00 am "I just hope they're not a bunch of thugs dressed as ninjas. I want to punch an authentic Ninja in the face," Sawyer says with an excited grin, while rubbing his hands together.
(<Maynard said these gangs are flashy. True ninja aren't flashy. True ninja don't wear outfits that scream 'hey, I'm a ninja; you're under attack'>)0o.
Ken wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:57 am "We should probably divide into sous-équipes..." he paused as if trying to think of a word, "pardon, divide into sub-teams, and some of us should go incognito."
Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:04 am "Maybe we shouldn't just rush down their in our togs, but slip into some civvies and have do a bit a'undercover? Poke around a bit an' see what we can see?"
"Bonne idée." recognising a good idea. (<And maybe people will listen when the pretty lady says it.>)0o. "Mais, not everyone can blend in." He looked at the giant who fought these gangs already and the maroon girl.

good idea/but

* - All thought balloons are translated from the French.
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:35 am
Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:04 am "Maybe we shouldn't just rush down their in our togs, but slip into some civvies and have do a bit a'undercover? Poke around a bit an' see what we can see?"
"Bonne idée." recognising a good idea. (<And maybe people will listen when the pretty lady says it.>)0o. "Mais, not everyone can blend in." He looked at the giant who fought these gangs alread and the maroon girl.

good idea/but

* - All thought balloons are translated from the French.
"My disguise offer stands," Makiko says with a smile. "For anyone who can't help attracting attention, or anyone who simply doesn't want to be seen paying social calls to... hillbilly enthusiasts."

She makes a face. "The things I do to fund my research."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Harry nods.

"I'm not knowledgeable about these gangs, or how dangerous they are, so I am leaning towards a more cautious approach," Harry looks around the table, "As was noted some of our members have secret identities, so going out of costume is dangerous for them, and some people have mentioned splitting up."

"Maybe instead of splitting the team across the city we split the team into infiltration and heroic and hit the same part of the city for now,"
He leans forward and steeples his fingers, "We're not in any rush, so I'd rather put us in the strongest possible position while we learn how to work with one another. This way if anything goes wrong for either group, we'll be able to provide backup almost immediately. We can always look into these Ninja characters tomorrow."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MAKO

“That makes sense to me. Have some of us milling around in the street in our civvies, the rest waiting in the wings in our fancy togs?” Maia looked around the room and counted people on her fingers, “Seems like about half of us who have public identities, yeah? Although I’m not really sure if anyone in the States would recognize me. ‘Specially if I’m not in fancy dress... Mind you, this thing? Not subtle.” she gestured towards her Trident, “But we probably won’t need it.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

"Je fais... I volunteer pour the team d'infiltration. I am unknown here; I can uteliser my powers sans mon costume. Et ma stature should give l'impression of being an easy target."

I will/for/of infiltration/use/without my costume/and my stature/the impression
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.