Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE
HP: 1; Condition: Fine
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:40 am BLUE SHARK

"I'll live" Mako says. "I won't need any water for HOURS. You'll not find my constitution very delicate".

He continues, "Our goals are simple- make money. I couldn't tell you all the intricacies of our business- I leave that for the deep thinkers. Me, I'm just a..." he smiles, baring an inhumanly-large mouth full of sharp teeth "simple predator". He DOES feel bad-ass right now- Slyce had him pegged, that's for sure.

"I'm sure you've heard tell of those in charge. The name 'Aquarius' is certainly known to most metahuman types. I've barely seen the man, myself. He tells us what to do, and ensures we're well-paid. My kind of system. All we've been instructed to do is steal things- plain and simple".
catsi563 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:54 pm Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Spycraft

Slyce had this guy pegged, He was an Apex predator, a tough guy. He was top of the food chain and wanted everyone to know it. So she poked at that self assuredness.

"I wonder, how do you feel about being replaced by a bunch of disposable tin cans, and a talking Chiuhaha?"

Slyce slid his shades down, widened his eyes and let his mouth fall agape for a few seconds and then exclaimed, "OH, SNAP!!!"

"She played the Dogfish card in the first hand! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, Mako, that's gotta hurt! Big, bad man-shark you like you getting swapped out for robots and the saddest excuse for a supervillain I have EVER seen for a high profile job on that ship...and you getting the B gig AND getting whooped by Doc Mercury and Manta Ray...."

"MANTA RAY!" Slyce laughed. "A shark got pwned by a Manta Ray!!! That's sad, dude...No wonder you don't get told anything..."
OOC: I'm not sure what kind of check this is? Deception? I want him to try and prove me wrong about his being a nobody.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

Helix watches intently as his new teammates question the prisoners. "Hopefully they will slip up and reveal too much." He thinks to himself. "Maybe I should go down to the interrogation room and offer to use my lie detector trick, I don't know if it would help, bit it couldn't hurt to try."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm Semilla frowns at all the talk of escaping. She looks around and up; such closed off rooms had to have what she was looking for.

Assuming she spies the vent, Semilla assures her companions in the observation room she'll be on hand and, with a look of slight trepidation and a muttered word of power her body becomes a mass of thin vines. She uses the wall to pull herself up to the vent and passes through the grate unhindered. She'll navigate to where she's roughly equidistant between the two interrogation rooms and elongates both arms to their room's ventilation ducts. She places viney 'hands' at the grates to better feel the small vibrations that might indicate and unseen person moving about. It wouldn't help if the unseen person wasn't touching one of the room's surfaces but it was better than nothing. She would also be on hand to shoot into whatever room needed her the most from her vented vantage point.
"Um, what's going on?" says one officer, checking the cameras set on the ventilation ducts.
"Looks like one of the heroes is checking the ducts?" says his senior partner, in the security room.
"But doesn't she realize that people ALWAYS crawl through those ducts? We have cameras everywhere."
"Maybe she's new to town". Mega City is a very strange place.

Incidentally, Semilla won't find anything out of the ordinary. An officer explains to the team "The few Agents that have been arrested have a tendency to disappear from their jail cells- we suspect teleportation, which unfortunately we can't really track."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:33 pm The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry nods, "So, Blue Shark, things are going a bit rough I take it?"

"A couple robots and,"
Harry pauses, opening the folder in front of him to look for a second, "Dog fish?"

He looks up from the folder to raise an eyebrow at Blue Shark, "Dog fish."
"I... LOOK." Blue Shark says, burying her head in her hands. This is humiliating. "We KNOW he's an idiot, but... well, we have this THEME thing going... And I mean, he's super-strong and--- HE'S A WARM BODY, OKAY!?! We figured we could have an idiot or two to take the fall for us- I was hoping nobody would dwell on it!" She's exasperated- "You put a team of 8 or 9 together, you need them all to be legit- no weak links or the heroes will overwhelm you quickly once he drops. But we have a TON of guys- what's one more? I just... I didn't hire him, OKAY? Someone just slapped some SCUBA gear on him and said 'You're Dogfish now', alright?"
RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:09 am Doctor Mercury
HP: 2

Doctor Mercury places a business card on the table in front of the Blue Shark while the Shield talks.

"You didn't call me, so I can only assume that the police confiscated my previous card in the fear that it was some sort of weapon," she whispers. "Never fear, I have plenty, and you may get in touch with me whenever you are ready." She walks back to her side of the table and sits down next to the Shield.
"Wait, what are you doing? My powers came from genetic engineering, but I'm GOOD with what I got, okay? I mean... if you're offering to upgrade my muscles by a bit, then I'm open to it, but I don't normally talk shop in front of the boys in blue, or the capes, you know?". She seems to not recognize that Dr. Mercury is a superhero.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Rena had been content to remain a quiet presence in the background supporting Slyce. She moved in and out of Makos view and did all the little things she knew to make Mako uncomfortable. Looking over his shoulder, flexing her claws or dragging them over a table. She didn't react to his mention of being broken out, shed adapt as needed, it was what she did, Her focus now was getting Fish breath to talk.

Slyce had this guy pegged, He was an Apex predator, a tough guy. He was top of the food chain and wanted everyone to know it. So she poked at that self assuredness.

"I wonder, how do you feel about being replaced by a bunch of disposable tin cans, and a talking Chiuhaha?"
"REPLACED? You mean Dr. Nautilus's robots? Those guys are just a distraction- we needed something for..." he's embarrassed, "DOGFISH to do. I mean, we didn't even let him on the boat when they were stealing... stuff. He was just there to fight some superheroes and maybe do some damage. He's... I swear I didn't hire him, okay?"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:54 pm SLYCE
HP: 1; Condition: Fine
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:40 am BLUE SHARK

"I'll live" Mako says. "I won't need any water for HOURS. You'll not find my constitution very delicate".

He continues, "Our goals are simple- make money. I couldn't tell you all the intricacies of our business- I leave that for the deep thinkers. Me, I'm just a..." he smiles, baring an inhumanly-large mouth full of sharp teeth "simple predator". He DOES feel bad-ass right now- Slyce had him pegged, that's for sure.

"I'm sure you've heard tell of those in charge. The name 'Aquarius' is certainly known to most metahuman types. I've barely seen the man, myself. He tells us what to do, and ensures we're well-paid. My kind of system. All we've been instructed to do is steal things- plain and simple".

Slyce slid his shades down, widened his eyes and let his mouth fall agape for a few seconds and then exclaimed, "OH, SNAP!!!"

"She played the Dogfish card in the first hand! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, Mako, that's gotta hurt! Big, bad man-shark you like you getting swapped out for robots and the saddest excuse for a supervillain I have EVER seen for a high profile job on that ship...and you getting the B gig AND getting whooped by Doc Mercury and Manta Ray...."

"MANTA RAY!" Slyce laughed. "A shark got pwned by a Manta Ray!!! That's sad, dude...No wonder you don't get told anything..."
OOC: I'm not sure what kind of check this is? Deception? I want him to try and prove me wrong about his being a nobody.
"I SAID I DIDN'T HIRE HIM, GOD DAMN YOU!" Mako shouts, jumping up and pointing his blue fingers at Slyce. Spitting as he talks with his shark-toothed mouth, he roars, "I'm leagues beyond him! I've worked with the GREAT WHITE, the most bad-ass of all bad-ass powerhouse villains! I'm on the B-tier at LEAST!, not an E-Leaguer nobody like Dogfish! He's not a replacement! He's just some idiot we had mopping up after us! We let the REAL pros steal all that magic gear! He's disposable! A goof! He's... Did I say Magic gear? I meant baubles and jewels, of course."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry nods, "I understand. We've all been there. Sometimes you don't get to choose who you work with. I fought in the second big one with a woman wielding a rolling pin and wearing an apron."

He sighs, massaging his temples with two fingers, muttering, "Mother Russia."

Sitting up straight he continues, "I was just curious, to be honest. Like you said, you have a solid team, you have a specific theme, and a specific modus operandi."

He taps the paper in front of him, "At first blush Dog Fish isn't a terrible person, and he's not the worst possible choice. But, lets be fair here, he's an idiot and he doesn't fit your team at all."

"Obviously you didn't want him, I can't imagine many of you would, but suddenly here he is,"
He pauses, "I'm just trying to figure out why. I'm willing to bet none of you wanted him on the team, and all of you would say something but here he is.

"So. Why?"

"A change in leadership?"
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
HP: 2
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:37 am "Wait, what are you doing? My powers came from genetic engineering, but I'm GOOD with what I got, okay? I mean... if you're offering to upgrade my muscles by a bit, then I'm open to it, but I don't normally talk shop in front of the boys in blue, or the capes, you know?". She seems to not recognize that Dr. Mercury is a superhero.
"Of course, of course," Makiko says calmly. "I'm glad there are no hard feelings, darling."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

Behind the two-way mirror, Silver Witch was starting to put some of the pieces together at least. "So far it seems like they were after magic gear, but for what purpose? Could they have been hired to steal something particular and just snatched a bunch of other stuff to cover their tracks, are they stealing magic gear to boost their own abilities, or is it all needed for something else? I don't like this, whenever magic is involved things get complicated fast. Plus there is the fact they have a means of escaping which could be teleportation or something equally extensive. We need some outside help, possibly a magic expert, for this case."