Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"It's actually a fairly common problem, Rosa," Harry say with a smile, "Scuba divers have to wear weighted belts so they don't float right back to the surface. If we're expecting a fight near the waters we might want to have something in the area you can use as a weighted belt if you need to dive."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Investigative mystery

"Preparation is one key to success but we may be getting ahead of ourselves, we need more information before we act." she said as she studied the files they had on the known agents, one name in particular caused her eyes to narrow slightly Blackgill that man was no joke, and she would not underestimate him.

Turning around she walked towards the door, giving Xavion a glance as she did. "I'm going to the yacht to see what we can find, maybe shake a lead loose."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Working alone in paris, le Petit Hercule had had some experience examining crime scenes. He wasn't great, but he'd had some luck. He looked at Halcyon, "How would you feel about having company, mademoiselle?"
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon

"Enchanté Monsieur." she answered back with a warm laugh ad a nod of the head as she made her way towards the buildings garage and a dull looking sedan which was perfect for the role she'd chosen. All she really needed was a few minutes for them to look around and maybe a review of the crime scene report, and no questions if possible. best way to do that was to simply appear to belong. She reached into the trunk and pulled out a pair of baseball caps and wind breakers with the letters FBI on them and handed a pair to Adrienne.

"Just follow my lead when we get there try to look bored."

>> Delighted Sir<<

Also if Thorp wants in pretty safe bet Slice and her have pulled this particular con before. just in case Thorp cant make it though wanted to give him the chance.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine
catsi563 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:40 am Halcyon

"Preparation is one key to success but we may be getting ahead of ourselves, we need more information before we act." she said as she studied the files they had on the known agents, one name in particular caused her eyes to narrow slightly Blackgill that man was no joke, and she would not underestimate him.

Turning around she walked towards the door, giving Xavion a glance as she did. "I'm going to the yacht to see what we can find, maybe shake a lead loose."
Ah, just like Sri Lanka, Slyce thought. Fun night. I'm in.

"I'm down, Rena," Slyce said, rising from his chair. "We can probably get some more info from the scene. We goin' low pro or are we using our new found fame to come in like we got something for 'em?"
Ken wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:26 am le Petit Hercule

Working alone in paris, le Petit Hercule had had some experience examining crime scenes. He wasn't great, but he'd had some luck. He looked at Halcyon, "How would you feel about having company, mademoiselle?"
catsi563 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:10 am Halcyon

"Enchanté Monsieur." she answered back with a warm laugh ad a nod of the head as she made her way towards the buildings garage and a dull looking sedan which was perfect for the role she'd chosen. All she really needed was a few minutes for them to look around and maybe a review of the crime scene report, and no questions if possible. best way to do that was to simply appear to belong. She reached into the trunk and pulled out a pair of baseball caps and wind breakers with the letters FBI on them and handed a pair to Adrienne.

"Just follow my lead when we get there try to look bored."
"Oh, we really are going to do this like Sri Lanka, huh? Hugh, better get the checkbook ready to bail us out if this goes south." he said with a chuckle. "Anyone else wanna tag along besides Herc? Probably best to keep the numbers low on the investigative team, but if some of you want to hang back in case something goes down, couldn't hurt to have some backup."
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 am SLYCE
"Oh, we really are going to do this like Sri Lanka, huh? Hugh, better get the checkbook ready to bail us out if this goes south." he said with a chuckle. "Anyone else wanna tag along besides Herc? Probably best to keep the numbers low on the investigative team, but if some of you want to hang back in case something goes down, couldn't hurt to have some backup."
"C'est une bonne chose que j'ai décidé d'apporter à nouveau un ensemble de vêtements," Hercule said, mostly to himself, as he grabbed his knapsack.

"If anyone asks, with my accent, it might be best if we say I'm visiting from the DCPJ*," Adrien said. "Or perhaps I would be better, as you say, doing the 'hang back'."
It's a good thing that I decided to bring a set of clothes again.

* DCPJ = the Direction Centrale de la Police Judiciaire (Central Directorate of the Judicial Police) is a part of the French National Police.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon

"I'm down, Rena," Slyce said, rising from his chair. "We can probably get some more info from the scene. We goin' low pro or are we using our new found fame to come in like we got something for 'em?"
Rena smiles Impishly as Xavion joins them "Low key is best for now, no need for anyone to get wind that were on the case. Even the pros among them may only have suspicions for now if they spot us."
Her smile turns positively wicked at the mention of Sri Lanka--that hot tub rawr-- "Exactly like Sri Lanka darling. only with less machine gun fire, no rocket launchers and I'm thinking we'll leave the tank in the garage this time."
"C'est une bonne chose que j'ai décidé d'apporter à nouveau un ensemble de vêtements," Hercule said, mostly to himself, as he grabbed his knapsack.

"If anyone asks, with my accent, it might be best if we say I'm visiting from the DCPJ*," Adrien said. "Or perhaps I would be better, as you say, doing the 'hang back'."
"For now Adrienne just hang back and keep your eyes and ears open, the less we interact with the locals the better. Quick in and out and study of the crime scene then were gone."

She adds as they drive to the Slip where the Yacht was being kept post crime. She drove at a safe and unhurried pace, no need to break any laws and made sure if anyone wanted to keep pace via flight or the like they could follow them.

jsut to be on the safe side unless jab has any objections basic idea is to deception there way into a brief visit to roll invrestiagation and let Xavion use his senses as they are see what they can find maybe get a brief look at the crime report. No fuss no muss.

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"WOAH, looks like we have a plan in place already, which is great" Maynard says, "But remember- we have access to an expert in the field already; it's best we at least check in for some basline info. Mr. Neville?" he asks a figure who suddenly pops up on the screen.

"GAH! I wasn't drawing lewd pictures of muscular super-villainesses!"
"... I wasn't saying you were, pal."
"... Oh! Um... how can I help you?"
"... We need some information on the Agents of Aquarius- we think they're our next target."

With that, J. Abro Neville, the team's contact with all the knowledge of costumed individuals, goes into detail.

"These Agents are fairly new on the scene, and many aren't established villains yet. Most of their encounters were as smaller groups, so we don't know what the fully-operational roster is yet. A handful of them were imprisoned, so we know their real names and the like, but the others are unknown factors. Hero-Fans like me have been DYING for more info on the overall crew." Neville says, bringing up the available info.

(Several, but not all, of the faces on this screen pop up in succession)

"Current roster sits as:

BULL SHARK (2nd guy, first row)-
A genetically-modified agent of the Requian Empire, one of many undersea empires on Earth. Class 10-ish Strength and a lot of ferocity. He usually works for his bosses, but has been spotted all over the world engaging in random acts of villainy- we don't really know his game.

SAWTOOTH (5th guy, second row)- Clarence Ware, a career criminal who suddenly turned up wearing a vicious chainsaw way beyond his ability to create.

OARFISH (3rd guy, first row)- Audie Billingham, unknown origins. He has stretchy powers and is a known cat burglar.

BLUE SHARK (3rd in, second row)- Veronica Myers, a former street fighter who gained enhanced strength via Super-Steroids. One of the very few success stories of that process- there's a LOT of people out there who got crippled- or worse- when experimenting with the stuff. Known for a violent temper, and an inability to take a joke. Formerly known as "The Blue Bomber" before suddenly showing up with the Agents in a shark-themed outfit.

WHALE SHARK (4th guy, first row)- Growth Powers via some unknown method.

THRESHER SHARK (1st guy, second row)- The former Dr. Paul Morris, he's a surgeon who lost his hand in an auto accident, and took the natural next step into super-villainy. He uses a powerful striking arm as a weapon.

TRIGGERFISH (1st in, third row)- Unknown origin, but known to be viciously strong with a mean "Stinger" attack from her wrists. Possibly has the full "Animalistic Power" set.

KNIFEFISH (3rd in, third row)- Unknown name and origin, but seems to be a Gimmick-User with throwing knives. Probably martial arts skills, as reports indicate an attractive woman using athletic maneuvers to take out larger opponents.

SUNFISH (5th in, third row)- Unknown origin- appears to have Light-Based powers. People on the cruise report being blinded by a black woman who shot out a burst of light.

ANGELFISH (4th in, third row)- Unknown origin, but from her appearance, we can gather that she's an Atlantean by birth... one of five nations calling itself the "True Atlantis". This means she's stronger than any human could ever be. We don't know why she's with the Agents, however.

GREAT WHITE (3rd guy, bottom row)- Ernest Grobelaar, an EXTREMELY powerful, top-tier Powerhouse Villain with a list of enemies a mile long. Has a reputation for not getting along with others, but he's a big enough name that he's always being recruited for other groups. He fought against his own teammates last time, and hasn't been seen in any of the cases since.

MAKO (2nd guy, bottom row)- Karl Magnussen, a known "Great White" fanboy who gained his powers the same way- through a Magical Vortex while messing about with sharks. Famously an ass-kisser of the bigger name, who just barely tolerates him. Tends to go where GW goes, just as a hanger-on, but has been seen operating solo occasionally. Though he comes off as pathetic, he's still Class 10-ish.

BARRACUDA (not pictured; a guy in a pirate's uniform)- Thomas Hargreave, a modern-day pirate, complete with cutlass and musket. Non-powered, and more of a nuisance. From his hiring, we gather that the Agents are simply out to recruit ANYONE with an aquatic gimmick- he's a total Jobber Villain, not one to earn respect.

DOCTOR NAUTILUS (last guy, 1st row)- A major unknown quantity, he appears to be a Tech-Guy/Inventor of some kind, and wears an extremely durable carapace. He was only seen blasting away, and got away from the last big battle in a large vessel of some kind.

AQUARIUS himself is an unknown factor- we're not sure if any superhero has ever encountered him. If they have, they haven't told anyone else. When interrogated in jail, the captured villains all refused to call out their accomplice, either out of fear or confusion- most claim they never saw his face. Seems to be a "Power Armor Guy" from the little information the cops could get.

Indications went out early that the Agents were hiring ANYONE with an aquatic theme- Barracuda being on the team is proof of that. There's a ton of other villains who could theoretically be recruited, though many are international. Great White seems to have quit the squad in their last fight, but there are bad apples out there like the mercenary Sixgill, The Poison Dart Frog Gang, Leopard Seal, Blowfish, and at least seven different other Pirate-themed villains, five of whom are nautical (the other two use zeppelins). Eyewitness accounts suggest a stealthy guy who could turn invisible was with the squad on the yacht- this matches none of the powers seen in the rest of the crew. So be warned- this group is possibly larger now than they were initially.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"How can they afford all these people? Are they really that successful?" Rosa asks, somewhat shocked.
"Something pithy this way comes."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:03 am
BARRACUDA (not pictured; a guy in a pirate's uniform)- Thomas Hargreave, a modern-day pirate, complete with cutlass and musket. Non-powered, and more of a nuisance. From his hiring, we gather that the Agents are simply out to recruit ANYONE with an aquatic gimmick- he's a total Jobber Villain, not one to earn respect.
Maki looks up from her note-taking. She's on her eighth page. "Your information has a gap in it, Johnathan," she says. "Thomas Hargreave has been augmented, recently, although his metamorphosis is crude and awkward compared to mine. Still, even the most inexpertly-fashioned club can be moderately dangerous, if guided by someone more intelligent."

She looks at her last page and nods to herself. "This will be adequate. Does anyone have a preferred flavor? I am willing to use chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, lemon, orange, watermelon, or cherry. I will not be using grape, because artificial grape flavoring is a cruel joke."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Flavor of.... what?" Rosa asks.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 pm Doctor Mercury
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:03 am
Maki looks up from her note-taking. She's on her eighth page. "Your information has a gap in it, Johnathan," she says. "Thomas Hargreave has been augmented, recently, although his metamorphosis is crude and awkward compared to mine. Still, even the most inexpertly-fashioned club can be moderately dangerous, if guided by someone more intelligent."
"Out of da-- OUT OF DATE?!?!?" Neville is at once horrified, angry, shocked and hurt. If there's one thing nerds hate, it's being corrected. And if there's one thing they love, it's always being right. But soon his expression is changed to a determined, frantic one, as he begins hammering away on his keyboard. "Wait... medical supplies, biological implants, genetics laboratories recording missing fish DNA... YOU'RE RIGHT!!! Villain Chatter in some of their local haunts are suggesting that Barracuda's gone... Bio-Freak!" He's stunned and impressed. "Where did YOU hear that kind of information?! You're a geneticist, obviously- do you guys have your own backlogs?"

"There's been no visual indications of what's been done, but all the evidence suggests he's modified himself into some kind of fish-monster. Well this changes everything- if you guys encounter him, PLEASE give me a full update on his appearance, powers, characterization and exactly how much it hurts to be punched or bitten by him. I REALLY need to have my bio finished and produce a completed statline" he pleads.

(OOC: was gonna make that a surprise, but I forgot I gave y'all that info beforehand. So now it's a character point that Maki knows stuff that Neville hasn't heard yet, lol)

"If you guys want to investigate the scene of the crime, that works, but I'm also hearing of a renewed push for membership in the group" Neville goes on. "There's rumors of a new supervillain hangout near the docks, and it's generally accepted that recruiting is nearly always done via these pop-up shops. Given that they're recruiting total Jobbers like Barracuda and Sawfish, I can't imagine they're being overly picky- it's entirely possible they'd attempt to recruit just about anybody with the right gimmick- even some without! Blue Shark used to be 'The Blue Bomber' before they abruptly changed her gimmick, after all."

"Huh- with a roster our size, we can cover both avenues pretty well, I think" Maynard interrupts. "What do you all think?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I'm not the great at investigation, but then again, trying out for a sea-based group..." Rosa sounds unsure. "Well, I guess I could go by the name 'Driftwood', change my look a little. Though I already look pretty... freakish." She says in a small voice.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:25 pm "I'm not the great at investigation, but then again, trying out for a sea-based group..." Rosa sounds unsure. "Well, I guess I could go by the name 'Driftwood', change my look a little. Though I already look pretty... freakish." She says in a small voice.
"I think if someone would help me with costume making for ... le Cachalot Pygmé, my strength and ability to hold my breath for a long time might be of more use on the mission infiltration, rather than me risk the mission investigation." Hercule said. "Pardon," he shrugged at Halcyon.

He then added, "Oh, a cachalot is what you call a sperm whale, and there is a pygmy sperm whale, hence the suggested name. Maybe kash-a-lot," he stressed the English pronunciation, "rather than kash-i-low"

Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"The best I can do for this plan is remain within a mile of your location and come in if you need help. In costume, I stand out and flying closer than that as back-up could draw unwanted attention since I shine with silver light when using my powers. We don't know how long we have until they hit again, so extensive planning for a long period might hinder us. And when we do face them, I'm staying far away from any of them which have tentacles, I've seen more than my share of animes."