Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

"Ils sont safer near us. The Furries are a known gang and 'are non-powered humans who are defenseless against super-powered vigilantes.'" Hercule said, stepping up, and quoting the reporter concerned about overreach.

"As un hero foreign and a part of this team, c'est mon hope that what it means is that there are just a few more hands to help carry the burden of keeping the people safe." He spoke slowly, working hard to try not to slip into his native French, with limited success.

"Since my colleagues indicated there is a danger posed by this rival gang, I would suggest that a few of them begin the search." He turned towards his teammates, "Flyby and Silver Witch, as our flyers plus rapides, take point, s'il vous plait. A few more, please go avec. He looked towards Semilla, and looked around for Doctor Mercury.

"The rest of us will answer questions for les journalistes while providing security for them for another a while longer. However, when the searchers locate the Furries, we will need aller, and the interview will end."
It is / a / it's my / fastest / if you please / with / the journalists / to go.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"It's very easy to disregard somebody because they're different. Because they're young, or old or foreign, or because they scare you," Harry says, finally speaking up, "It's very easy to attack the person than honestly approaching the points they trying to make."

"If we can disregard somebody because they're strange it's a lot easier than having to deal with the tough questions they're asking,"

"You may laugh off her enthusiasm, her conviction, and her idealism, but these are the things that help make her great. It's not powers that make her an incredible person, it's that she's an incredible person that make her powers worthy of note,"
He smiles wistfully, "And there was a time when we all felt that way. I think it's more of a shame the world has left it so that some of us can't feel that same passion anymore."

He pauses, "But you had questions. Someone raised concerns that we were abusing our power attacking helpless innocent people."

"I find this somewhat confusing as the people in question are a gang of armed and dangerous criminals who have been preying on good law abiding people for some time now. And anybody who believes they are defenseless is, in my opinion, is either extremely powerful and I hope greatly that they would want to join our little team or they're simply not paying attention to the situation."

"The assumption that normal people are defenseless or in any way not dangerous is simply not true. Some of the most dangerous people I've ever faced in my entire life didn't have powers. They had determination. Determination that they turned into unparalleled intellect, strength, skill or martial ability. Sometimes all of those things at once."

"These men? These men aren't innocent, they are gang members who were intending to start a gang war without regards to the innocents caught in the middle. They've been leaning on the local businesses, and are actively involved in the drug trade."

"They are not helpless. They are armed, vicious and quite dangerous, with a predisposition to and a history of violence."

He looks at the reporters, "This isn't that nice kid working at a coffee shop to pay for college, or that single mother or father just trying to get through the day. These are the people who prey on those good people. If any of us had been acting like these thugs had been acting I'd expect you to nail us to the wall."

He pauses then gives them a little smile, "Because we're here to help. Believe it or not."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:26 am MUSTANG
HP- 1 Condition-Fatigued

Clapping his hands above his head to get the Reporters to settle down(using his Strength,it sounded like a Thunderclap),Mustang says
"Are we done acting like we're 2 years-old now?GOOD.Now,as much as we'd LOVE to play on this Merry-go-round with you guy's,we'd like to REMIND you all that the Baseball Furries(looks pointedly at the HeroWatcher),you know,the Largest Street Gang in the City that's been known to beat Reporters to death,has been confirmed to be in the area.Now far be it from this Rebenok to tell you what to do,but i'd Suggest you pass along your business cards to me & HuMayne Enterprises will make certain all of you will be invited to the Press Conference that's bound to happen soon,As it's DEFINITELY not safe for you guy's to be here..."
Rebenok--child.
"What?!?" a reporter shouts, as Maynard facepalms. "This just in" he points his face his cameraman's way, "New local super-team The Victory League have now set off a GANG WAR in the streets of Mega-City, and are now threatening reporters with violence! Are they the masterminds behind the gangs themselves? As always, WE WILL HAVE THE SCOOP!"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
0 :HP ο COND: Exhausted

Galactica has been listening along, and she was familiar with this type. They were all about the reaction, not the truth. Sensationalization was the name of their game. They were the type to get others to boo the heroes for the sake of the all mighty ratings. But heroes are the type of people to overcome situations like that despite the sensationalist's best efforts.

The currently-crimson alien wrestler wanders up wearing a winning smile. "Oh no no. You can't write that. It has inaccuracies that would be a dark mark on the news you represent. There is no gang war beyond what seems to have been an ongoing status quo here and no violence was threatened. All that has happened is the Baseball Furries have sent a note indicating their intention to take this territory that we are currently standing in. What Mustang was attempting to communicate is that he is concerned for your safties and wished to have you all come to a press conference to ask more questions later. But he's young like he said, so he still has learning to do. Like Mustang, I, and I'm sure the rest of my teammates do worry about your safties should the Baseball Furries attempt to take this territory by force while we are still here talking, but right now, besides their claim of intent, they didn't say they were going to do anything right this moment, or tomorrow, or when exactly. The note was quite vague."
Attempting persuasion to try and smooth things over since they seem to have gotten away from Mustang's intents.

Persuasion. +2 if Attractive applies.: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24 And a nice solid roll
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:51 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"You may laugh off her enthusiasm, her conviction, and her idealism, but these are the things that help make her great. It's not powers that make her an incredible person, it's that she's an incredible person that make her powers worthy of note," [/color]He smiles wistfully, "And there was a time when we all felt that way. I think it's more of a shame the world has left it so that some of us can't feel that same passion anymore."

He pauses, "But you had questions. Someone raised concerns that we were abusing our power attacking helpless innocent people."

As you go on, you notice a single tear from someone, who quickly wipes it away and pretends nothing else happened because someone else was giving him an ashamed look. Maynard again begins speaking to some reporters, detailing the origins of the team and what he's around for... but not before gently telling Mustang to let him handle the reporters ("hey big guy, uh, leave the people stuff to me, okay?"). The "HeroWatch" reporters simply grunt and move on to their cameraman, having felt the moment shift against them- the continue to detail how a gang war has just now gotten worse. The arrival of the Weapon-Masters, trapped in wooden ropes and now handcuffed, energizes others, as they fully realize a super-villain struggle has gone on here.

Things wrap up as Maynard tells the associated press members that the team has to go, and everyone is asked to either get on his helicopter, or make their way to the Team Jet, now parked close by.

(Take a Hero Point, Shield. You can keep it for the next adventure, lol)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla was glad to have avoided talking to the press. Her tree form deepened her voice but who knew if it was still a way they could link her back to her 'normal' life.

She climbs on to the jet.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:28 pm le Petit Hercule

"Ils sont safer near us. The Furries are a known gang and 'are non-powered humans who are defenseless against super-powered vigilantes.'" Hercule said, stepping up, and quoting the reporter concerned about overreach.

"As un hero foreign and a part of this team, c'est mon hope that what it means is that there are just a few more hands to help carry the burden of keeping the people safe." He spoke slowly, working hard to try not to slip into his native French, with limited success.

"Since my colleagues indicated there is a danger posed by this rival gang, I would suggest that a few of them begin the search." He turned towards his teammates, "Flyby and Silver Witch, as our flyers plus rapides, take point, s'il vous plait. A few more, please go avec. He looked towards Semilla, and looked around for Doctor Mercury.

"The rest of us will answer questions for les journalistes while providing security for them for another a while longer. However, when the searchers locate the Furries, we will need aller, and the interview will end."
It is / a / it's my / fastest / if you please / with / the journalists / to go.
"What is this guy saying?" one reporters says to another. "What's with all these foreign words interspersed into his sentences?"
"Are you new at this?" his partner replies. "That's customary for foreign superheroes. I think it's like, an industry rule or something. They can't go more than a couple of sentences without using one word in foreign-speak. If they don't, then nobody knows where they're from. This guy might be new, or else he wouldn't be doing it as much. After a year or two in the business, most of them only do it when they're surprised."

It's not QUITE a rule, of course- it's simply a standard.

Maynard adds to Hercule, "not bad, but we didn't see anything from the skies, and with all this attention going around, even a guy in a rabbit suit could slip out unawares. I asked around, and nobody saw ANYTHING of these guys. I think the whole situation went down while you were all investigating. The cops are still out searching."
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:27 am Image
GALACTICA

Galactica has been listening along, and she was familiar with this type. They were all about the reaction, not the truth. Sensationalization was the name of their game. They were the type to get others to boo the heroes for the sake of the all mighty ratings. But heroes are the type of people to overcome situations like that despite the sensationalist's best efforts.

The currently-crimson alien wrestler wanders up wearing a winning smile. "Oh no no. You can't write that. It has inaccuracies that would be a dark mark on the news you represent. There is no gang war beyond what seems to have been an ongoing status quo here and no violence was threatened. All that has happened is the Baseball Furries have sent a note indicating their intention to take this territory that we are currently standing in. What Mustang was attempting to communicate is that he is concerned for your safties and wished to have you all come to a press conference to ask more questions later. But he's young like he said, so he still has learning to do. Like Mustang, I, and I'm sure the rest of my teammates do worry about your safties should the Baseball Furries attempt to take this territory by force while we are still here talking, but right now, besides their claim of intent, they didn't say they were going to do anything right this moment, or tomorrow, or when exactly. The note was quite vague."
Attempting persuasion to try and smooth things over since they seem to have gotten away from Mustang's intents.

Persuasion. +2 if Attractive applies.: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24 And a nice solid roll
(Note: The following happens before Maynard wraps things up)

"Did you hear that? That ALIEN is already trying to interfere with FREEDOM OF THE PRESS!!!" one blustering man says. "'You can't write that.' she says!! Who does she think she is! My LISTENERS will hear about this! The entire universe of my podcast audience will LOVE to hear an OFF-PLANETER talking about restricting our rights and freedoms!" He stomps off with a podcast mic in hand.

"Oh great" says Maynard "THAT guy. Total conspiracy nut. Thinks super-heroes are all the pawns of aliens and reptile-men or whatever. I mean, doesn't he know that the reptile-men conspiracy was uncovered and dealt with YEARS ago?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA

Galactica looks away from the herowatcher she'd been talking to and turns baffled, while her skin changes color in front of everyone, at the podcaster's reaction and tilts her head as the guy stomps off. She looks at Maynard after as the group is loading up to head out, her skin flushed violet with her confusion. "Did I say something wrong? I was just trying to make sure the press didn't say inaccurate things that would embarrass their employers when people realized the mistakes."
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"SO...", Maynard says, speaking into a mic connecting various team members. "HECKUVA first mission, huh? Could have gone better, I won't lie, but hell- I can't judge. I'm not IN the business for real! Boots on the ground, and all that. But hey- The WEAPON-MASTERS. That's not nothing. A very sexy, public debut! Those guys tangle with some high-end martial artists, and we... I mean YOU... took out ALL of them!"

He continues, "So it turns out the word on the street intel wasn't great- the Weapon-Masters had been hiding their identities, probably as a way to create confusion and dissension among the other gangs in Mega-City- setting off a gang war would probably have been the easiest way to quietly gain a territory of their own. When reports indicated that NINJAS were attacking, we and a lot of others assumed they meant the Ninjas from Little Osaka, not 'ninjas' as a generic term."

"Now I'm sure since this was our first outing as a group, some stuff went wrong- any ideas on how we can improve, I'd love to hear 'em! I personally wasn't there, so I can't really judge. Engaging a hostile territory with locals who don't want to talk to anyone can be tricky. And our squad was, unfortunately, built more with combat and role-filling in mind, rather than spy and detective work. Probably my bad." he shrugs. "But all that hand-wringing can wait! You all deserve a rest! And hey- we avoided the First Mission Dead-Guy! Great job!!" he gives an awkward thumbs-up.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EPILOGUE:

"SALES ARE DOWN?!?" an angry man in his 40s shouts, while stomping down a hallways in a green & purple suit of chitinous power armor, his helmet off. "How can SALES be down? The Ant-Lion and Goliath Beetle lines are some of our most popular!!"
The chinless, quivering man beside him stutters, "W-well sir, it turns out our marketing people have done research, and the thought is that since our suits never actually KILL any superheroes, then they're... um... not worth the money- not credible enough."
"... Not credible enough? KILL SUPERHEROES?!??!" the man shouts again. "NOBODY kills super-heroes! My suits don't kill super-heroes! GIGAWATT doesn't kill any super-heroes, and HE'S considered a top-tier! The god-damn HUMAN TANK never killed MEGA-WOMAN- why isn't HE considered 'not credible'? Do you have any idea how hard super-heroes are to KILL!?!? IF THEY WERE EASY TO KILL, then they'd just be REGULAR idiots!"
"Be that as it may, sir..." the man continues, "foreign governments and influential, um, underworld figures buy the suits as status-symbols and as protection against super-powered intervention... If the suits aren't seen DEFEATING their supposed targets, then it becomes more difficult to claim they can accomplish said protection."
"Well thanks for that, Exposition Eric, but I already KNEW our business model- *I* came up with it!" He growls, calming himself down. "Something must be done. We're going to have to ACTUALLY do what we say the suits are capable of. Kill off some super-hero."
"I can make up a list of low-tier, non-powered super-heroes, sir... there's always no shortage of THOSE in their first couple of months..."
"No, no, you're right on one thing... this has to be someone CREDIBLE." Professor Mantis says. "It can't be just some idiot- people will see right through that. What we need are ROOKIES... but POWERFUL rookies. Maybe a legacy hero? Heroes are ALWAYS getting replaced by brown-skinned rookies! Find me some of THOSE- kids with flashy super-powers but no experience- EASY targets, but SHOWY ones. But where..." he says, his voice trailing off.

Then he looks up, and notices a news report on the television in his office. Indicating the arrival of the Victory League, and the very public defeat of the Weapon-Masters.

"HMMMMM..."

---

EPILOGUE #2:

"I'm BOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREDDDDDDD..." Eris, Goddess of Chaos and Discord, whines while she soaks in her bath.

"Bored, mother?" says Horcus, God of Retribution For Perjury. He's not at all put out by his naked mother cavorting around in front of him. It's a god thing- they're all used to this sort of deal.

"Athena's just been so BORING to mess with lately- same old Wisdom, same old powers... I need something NEW. UGH- I feel like I've tried to ruin the lives of every superhero alive by this point. Isn't there anything you can find me to do?"
"Not really my job, mother."

"Come ON, sonnnnn... it's time to foment chaos and create a revolutionnnn..."
"Perhaps later, mother- I've got to finish this statement on behalf of the Atraxians over the false blood-oath sworn by the people of Lavaworld."
"... you are such a disappointment to me."
"I love you too, mother."

Just then, the eyes of Eris light upon one of her many screens, showing events from across the universe. The public debut of the Victory League.

"HMMMMMMMM..."

---

EPILOGUE #3:

"Alright, the first meeting of The Renegades is called to order" says Brickhouse, a man made entirely of what looks to be a brick wall in the shape of a person. "We need a game-plan, and a way to get rid of any super-heroes who mess with us. We need some CRED."
"How much credibility do we need? Most of us are well-known in our own right, with some top-tier foes. You've fought ATHENA repeatedly. I take on SuperStar all the time. And we already have the exact amount of guys to have a one-on-one battle with most super-heroes" says Kid Spectrum, ordinarily one of SuperStar's foes. "That's pretty mandatory for villain teams, right?"
"Yeah, but we can't just take on the Legion of Light right out of the gate" says War Pangolin, a huge anthropomorphic pangolin. "I mean, I respect you guys, and I'm not as down on myself as I used to be. But we need some FIGHTS under our belt before we can take on the BIG leagues."
"Hmph! I say we just crack some easy targets first!" says GripSlash, a hardcore, edgelord-y '90s-style guy with spiked whips. "Tear some NEWBIES apart, and instantly get some respect!"
"Heh! I like this dude" Kid Spectrum says. "So... are there any heroes who've been replaced by minorities, lately? We can get us some of that."

Just then, the TV screen shows the debut of the Victory League. Publicly taking down the Weapon-Masters, another villainous squad.

"HMMMMM..."

---

EPILOGUE #4:

"Hey boss, check this out" says Jawdropper, an extremely tall, extremely muscular super-villainess with a bright pink mohawk.
"What is it?" Asks Valedictoria, her long, brown hair cascading down her back as she walks in, adjusting her spectacles.
"Some new superhero team out there. Looks pretty girl-heavy."
"Oh?" She's almost satisfied.
"Yeah, four out of five."
"Hmph. Not even 50/50 yet? Oh well, it's better than SOME. Are they in prominent positions?"
"I dunno- looks like they got some rich dude speaking up for them. And some old Golden Oldie super-hero as Team Leader."
"WHAT?!?!?!?!" Valedictoria shrieks, her voice suddenly full of rage. "Not even 50% female, and then they let MEN talk for them?!? This is EXACTLY the reason why the Four Fatales exist, my sisters!" she shouts to the other three super-villainesses around her. "To punish a world that creates sexist, femmephobic things such as THIS! This 'Victory League'..." she says, looking at the group's team name, which appears on the newscast headlines, "... is going to to be an EXAMPLE."

---

EPILOGUE #5:

"N'YAAAHHHHHHH!" a fat, cigar-smoking blue alien shouts in disgust, as an intergalactic wrestler walks in. "That was PATHETIC! The crowd was TOTALLY unconvinced!"
"What did you expect?" the woman barks back, taking off her mask. "Kosmic K'lara is gone- you can't just put somebody in a mask and have her copy the same gimmick! They're gonna KNOW I'm not her! Our fighting styles are too different, and the mask isn't fooling anybody!"
"N'yahhhh- you're just not trying HARD enough, see?" he responds. "You got the skin-pigment DNA changes, you got the mask, you got COUNTLESS vids of her fighting- you can make this WORK, see?"
"Ugh- it's too late. The crowds dug her enough that they're not gonna just believe that I'm her" she responds. "You're just gonna have to convince her to come back."
"CONVINCE HER? Easier said that done, see?" he replies. "She left us HIGH AND DRY. And a promoter like ME doesn't beg! We'd hafta fly in and MAKE her come back! But an operation like that on EARTH isn't gonna be cheap! Ya gotta grease the right palms and avoid any super-hero contact! And NO fighter is worth THAT hassle! Why, I'd hafta capture an entire TEAM of super-heroes to make a venture like THAT worth it!" Just then, he looks at one of his vid-screens, showing a new super-team appearing on Earth. One of which has crimson skin and a familiar face and voice.

"HMMMMM..."

And that's it! That's the end of the first part! Everyone take an Experience Point :)! Hope you all had fun! Next part starts up in a day or two!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:13 pmThings wrap up as Maynard tells the associated press members that the team has to go, and everyone is asked to either get on his helicopter, or make their way to the Team Jet, now parked close by.
Le Petit Hercule leans over the the Shield, "Je dois récupérer les vêtements d'Adrian et le livret de cartes Mega-City. Et je pense que Maynard a oublié que vous avez votre camion ici et que vous ne voulez probablement pas le laisser." He spoke French because a) Harry understands it and b) it makes it harder for the press to eavesdrop.

And Le Petit Hercule then takes a moment to retrieve his things, and then finds Harry's truck.
I have to get Adrian's clothes and Mega-City map book. And I think Maynard forgot you have your truck here, and you probably don't want to leave it.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

<<::French:: It's okay. I'm thinking it'd be a good time to do a night patrol across the rooftops, get a feel for the city. I'll pick it up then,>> He glanced at the media. He could probably sneak around them, but better to save that trick for later.

<<Maybe I should invite the others and see how many want to join in.>>
Ken

Post by Ken »

Arkrite wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:25 am <<::French:: It's okay. I'm thinking it'd be a good time to do a night patrol across the rooftops, get a feel for the city. I'll pick it up then,>> He glanced at the media. He could probably sneak around them, but better to save that trick for later.

<<Maybe I should invite the others and see how many want to join in.>>
Ken wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:48 pm And Le Petit Hercule then takes a moment to retrieve his things, and then finds Harry's truck.
He double checks that Harry's truck is locked, and then returns to where the group is getting into the copter and the jet. He waits in the back of the group, letting the others board ahead of him.

He turns to Harry, "<<I was thinking about your idea, and I think you're right, inviting the others might be a good group-building exercise.*>>"

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

THE VICTORY LEAGUE- CHAPTER TWO:

A large, beautiful yacht passes through the harbor in Mega-City. On it, well-dressed men and beautiful women schmooz, needle each other and laugh. Snappy security guards in sunglasses and sporting radios in their ears communicate with each other. As it enters open seas, the boat rocks silently, few considering it.

Just then, the boat slams to a halt. Some people stumble, others trip. Most are annoyed, and many are worried. The concern grows intensely when the boat is hammered once more, and lists several feet to one side. Shrieks and gasps are heard, while the security personnel all communicate rapidly. Just then, someone screams. On the side listing most closely to the water, a MAN is seen! Gigantic to the point of fifty feet tall, heavily-muscled, and wearing a pink uniform with dark stripes, he's digging his hands into the side of the boat.

Just as someone's about to shout to security, a black woman in an evening gown screams for assistance. "Help! Help!" she cries, drawing their attention. Something's attacking me!"

Security dart to her position, by the buffet table, demanding to know what's up. And, with all the men on deck looking at her, she smirks and lets out a flash of light. Instantly, all the men are blinded. Just then, another woman in an evening gown does a forward flip over the table, and, despite wearing heels, begins knocking the men out with a series of martial arts maneuvers. The two nod to each other.

"Alright, ladies and gents!" the woman says, brandishing a knife, "This is a robbery! Your fine and expensive goods, please". A few more costumed people- one in a black & white suit with manta ray wings, and another with inhumanly-pointy teeth and a pronounced nose and dorsal fin, leap onto the deck seemingly from nowhere, surrounding the patrons.

---

Beneath the deck, an angry, red-faced man in a suit curses loudly. "What is going on up there! Super-criminals? What am I paying you people for?!?"
"Please remain calm, sir- we can handle it. Our team is highly-professional and used to superhuman contact." a black man in shades attempts to reassure him.
"Oh really?" says a voice behind him. "Then why don't you know what you're up against just yet?"
"WHAT? Who said that?!" the security head shouts, looking behind them into an empty room.
"Pitiful..." a voice says. Just then, both men notice a slight blurring in the air in front of them- it's man-shaped and it's moving closer.
"FREEZE, asshole!" the man shouts, pointing his pistol at the shape."
"Tch." is all the shape utters, slashing the gun out of the man's hands, sending the bullet flying off to the side. A few severe strikes to the ribs and face, and he stumbles. Then his lapels rise above his jawline, he's hoisted into the air, and slammed viciously into the nearby table.
"P-please. Just take what you came here for and let us be" The man says, sweating heavily.
"Hah. Coward..." the shape says, before coming into view as a large man in a heavily mottled, caped costume, with a Chthulhu-like mask. "We'll get your valuables, of course. But don't think we don't know where you store your MOST valuable goods" the man chuckles, as the boat is rocked again.
"WHAAAAT?" the man shouts in disbelief, knocked to the ground. "What are you--"

"Whale Shark! You got it?" the mottled man thus speaks into his communicator.
"On it, Carpet Shark." says the giant man, sitting in the water. His huge fist has torn a hole in the side of the boat, and is pulling assorted antiques and fine goods into a waiting submersible. "This auction is OVER."

---

The coast guard arrives on the scene fairly quickly, but are stymied by a series of depth charges that have to be carefully avoided and set off by drones. Ten minutes later, the assembled super-villains have loaded up as much as they can carry, then leap into the submarine and are on their way, Whale Shark being last in, drawing fire and then shrinking down to fit through the hold.

"So long, fools!" says Carpet Shark, laughing at the Coast Guard. "This is the new dawning of..."
"Don't say it" the black woman says.
"Oh god" the other woman mutters.
"THE AGENTS OF AQUARIUS!!!"

CHAPTER TWO- THE AGENTS OF AQUARIUS