Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 am Doctor Mercury starts to come to Adrien's aid when the radio call goes out. Twelve hundredths of a second later, she reconsiders. It doesn't sound like he's in that much trouble. Semilla already said the standby team would call if they needed more help. And really, how many of them would it take to handle a roomful of hillbillies?

Not even real hillbillies, either. Pretend hillbillies!

She walks into the barn and has a look around, instead.

[OOC: Doctor Mercury isn't trained in Investigation, but she has low light vision and she can take inventory of the barn's contents sixty times faster than an ordinary person. Unless another team member calls for help, she'll take this opportunity to inspect the gang's home turf while they have other things to worry about.]
Unfortunately, the main gates of the barn, and all available windows, are shut. However, nothing looks particularly durable- the gate is blocked by a simple "bar-lock", and the windows are plain glass- many of them are even broken, but not enough for a person to fit through. You can get in easily with your powers, but not quietly.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:27 am le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 ; Luck: 2 ; Condition: Prone; Initiative: 21
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 pm"Hang in there, Hercule." Semilla says into active comms. "Standby team coming to your location."
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 amThe Leader fires a shot from his shotgun at you, hitting dead center (total of "19" to hit, for DC 21 Damage)

The other three spend the turn grabbing baseball bats and large boards, preparing to go on the rampage immediately. Everyone naturally assumes the shotgun blast will finish you.
"Hang in there, Herc---" BLAM!! "--am coming to your location." Adrien missed the middle part of what Semilla was saying.

toughness check vs Hillbilly Leader's shotgun: 1D20+14 = [12]+14 = 26

Adrien is knocked off his feet by the shotgun blast, landing prone (D&P:2) on his back, as the blast puts a sizeable hole in his shirt. His chest underneath looks unscathed.

"Eye?" he says questioningly.
OOC: He had meant "aïe", which is French for "ow", but given that he was asking it and not meaning it, the actual meaning would probably be lost.
(What's D&P2 mean? Daze & Prone? The blast shouldn't have done any damage if you rolled a 26 total. Also, it's your move)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

(With Silver Witch moving y'all, you will arrive wherever you want to be within one round, so after the next round, you can all roll Initiative and join in the fun)
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:00 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 am Doctor Mercury starts to come to Adrien's aid when the radio call goes out. Twelve hundredths of a second later, she reconsiders. It doesn't sound like he's in that much trouble. Semilla already said the standby team would call if they needed more help. And really, how many of them would it take to handle a roomful of hillbillies?

[OOC: Doctor Mercury isn't trained in Investigation, but she has low light vision and she can take inventory of the barn's contents sixty times faster than an ordinary person. Unless another team member calls for help, she'll take this opportunity to inspect the gang's home turf while they have other things to worry about.]
Unfortunately, the main gates of the barn, and all available windows, are shut. However, nothing looks particularly durable- the gate is blocked by a simple "bar-lock", and the windows are plain glass- many of them are even broken, but not enough for a person to fit through. You can get in easily with your powers, but not quietly.
Doctor Mercury picks up a nice big rock, throws it through one of the barn windows, and then takes inventory of the barn's contents.

Tsk. I should have anticipated this. Going on an investigative mission without thinking to liquefy myself beforehand... maybe I'm not cut out for this sort of work.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:03 am
Ken wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:27 am le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 ; Luck: 2 ; Condition: Prone; Initiative: 21
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 pm"Hang in there, Hercule." Semilla says into active comms. "Standby team coming to your location."
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 amThe Leader fires a shot from his shotgun at you, hitting dead center (total of "19" to hit, for DC 21 Damage)

The other three spend the turn grabbing baseball bats and large boards, preparing to go on the rampage immediately. Everyone naturally assumes the shotgun blast will finish you.
"Hang in there, Herc---" BLAM!! "--am coming to your location." Adrien missed the middle part of what Semilla was saying.

toughness check vs Hillbilly Leader's shotgun: 1D20+14 = [12]+14 = 26

Adrien is knocked off his feet by the shotgun blast, landing prone (D&P:2) on his back, as the blast puts a sizeable hole in his shirt. His chest underneath looks unscathed.

"Eye?" he says questioningly.
OOC: He had meant "aïe", which is French for "ow", but given that he was asking it and not meaning it, the actual meaning would probably be lost.
(What's D&P2 mean? Daze & Prone? The blast shouldn't have done any damage if you rolled a 26 total. Also, it's your move)
(OOC: Sorry. "D&P" was meant to be short for "Dodge & Parry". The only thing damaged was his shirt. The letting the blast knock knock him over, despite him not being harmed was just meant to be a flavour thing, and if you'd like me to change that's fine. His saying "ow?" when he wasn't hurt was sarcasm.

He's still Delaying his action, or Holding his action, as we used to say in "Champions". He's going to let them get a few more shots in. He's hoping to be "rescued". He's trying to be a part of a team.)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"Quick, finish 'im off!" the redneck leader shouts, as he reloads. He fires another shot into Le Petite Hercule: (21 to hit, DC 23 Damage from a mild Power Attack at +2)

The other rednecks proceed to surround you, each slamming down with their 2x4s:
Hillbilly #3: 14 to hit (just barely makes it)- DC 19 damage
Hillbilly #2: 21 to hit- DC 19 damage
Percival: 17 to hit- DC 18 damage

They assume their work is done, and are prepared to run off immediately.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:45 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:00 am

Doctor Mercury picks up a nice big rock, throws it through one of the barn windows, and then takes inventory of the barn's contents.

Tsk. I should have anticipated this. Going on an investigative mission without thinking to liquefy myself beforehand... maybe I'm not cut out for this sort of work.
The barn is fairly large, clearly meant to be a bit larger and more "open" than one that traditionally houses farm animals- the main area is wide open, with about 1/3 of the space devoted to upper levels. There are multiple stalls with broken-down barriers between them, a staircase leading up to another row of stalls above, and then another leading to a row of what look to be enclosed offices. Walkways lead to each of the windows of the barn, allowing for open views of the fields down below. A basement door near the stairwell says "METH LAB" in red paint, with "NOT" scribbled in a different color above it.

The barn floor is all covered with dirt and crunchy, noisy hay.

Oh, and there are four other people immediately converging on the spot where you just barged in. You make out men with baggy clothing and brightly colored shirts, as well as masks. Each color-coded- you see blue, red, orange/yellow and purple as colors. Each one brandishing a Japanese weapon.

"You came in ALONE? I figured you Hillbillies for stupid, but we weren't expecting suicidal." says the blue one. "Prepare to die, fool."

Roll Initiative :)
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 Luck: 2 Condition: Grinning Initiative: 21

Toughness checks galore: 1D20+14 = [12]+14 = 26 (24 w/o Withstand Damage [WD])
1D20+14 = [15]+14 = 29 (27 w/o WD)
1D20+14 = [7]+14 = 21 (19 w/o WD)

Adrien just takes the pummeling, grinning like an idiot. He lets them run if they choose.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:51 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 pm SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine
OOC: So Jab, Slyce is going to try to make a Batman entrance into the bar by stealthing in through the front door while everyone is focused on Mustang and Shield getting into it with the dude at the bar. If he succeeds, he’ll just sit at a table fairly close to the door and wait for the next round to make his presence known with a smart ass statement that hopefully gets a “holy crap, where did that guy come from?” response.

If he fails, he’ll just come back with some snappy “what up fellas, just looking to whet my whistle, don’t mind the big black dude dressed in all black, he certainly blends in here…” patter.

Stealth: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25

Hopefully that’s good enough. Regardless, for the Initiative, I also used up too good of a roll…

Initiative : 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
Hearing things starting to get testy in the bar, Slyce called on his convert ops experience and slipped up to the door like a shadow. Gametime, the former football star thinks as he tries to get into the bar unnoticed…

Mustang, the guy you've Intimidated, Redneck A, is now shaken. You also Daze & Bruise him (-1 Toughness)

However, Redneck D has his move next, and takes a swing at you- 9 + 5 to hit... misses. You dodge or block his shot :).

Redneck C instead decides to attack The Shield, going for 12 +5, which isn't enough to hit either, even without your shield (crap, who's holding it again?)

(Edit: Never mind- he actually hits. DC 19 damage!)
MUSTANG
HP- 0 CONDITION -Taking sombody to Suplex City soon...

Todd noticed the Redneck swinging a board at him,so he simply intercepted it by raising his arm casually while looking around.He narrowed his eyes angrily,however,when he saw one of them connect to Harry.Suddenly ignoring the two he was dealing with,Mustang grab's the Offender by the waist&start's to Suplex him repeatedly into anyone(or any object) he can find....
OCC: Welp,Some Redneck wants a free trip on the Pain Bus to Suplex City....
15+8=23 i think that unarmed attack connects! :D Now that he's in the 'City Limits',let's give him a warm Suplex City welcome....Using the same the same tricks from the last time(Fast Grab&Improved Hold)....
20+8 =28 Grapple attempt Nat 20, Baby! :D
I'm also going to use Move-By Action to start Suplexing him into everyone/thing in this bar,except for Shield or Slyce....
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Unable to dodge or block the heavy right cross coming at his face, Harry (still seated on his bar stool) simply leaned back and expertly rolled his head with the punch. The fist connected but did no more damage then a light smack.

RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:02 pm
The barn is fairly large, clearly meant to be a bit larger and more "open" than one that traditionally houses farm animals- the main area is wide open, with about 1/3 of the space devoted to upper levels. There are multiple stalls with broken-down barriers between them, a staircase leading up to another row of stalls above, and then another leading to a row of what look to be enclosed offices. Walkways lead to each of the windows of the barn, allowing for open views of the fields down below. A basement door near the stairwell says "METH LAB" in red paint, with "NOT" scribbled in a different color above it.

The barn floor is all covered with dirt and crunchy, noisy hay.

Oh, and there are four other people immediately converging on the spot where you just barged in. You make out men with baggy clothing and brightly colored shirts, as well as masks. Each color-coded- you see blue, red, orange/yellow and purple as colors. Each one brandishing a Japanese weapon.

"You came in ALONE? I figured you Hillbillies for stupid, but we weren't expecting suicidal." says the blue one. "Prepare to die, fool."

Roll Initiative :)
What? How do they even know where I--

Doctor Mercury looks down. Oh. Yes. Loud, crunchy hay everywhere. Another thing that wouldn't be an issue if she'd had the simple foresight to be an amorphous liquid mass.

A chameleon. Honestly. What was she thinking?

"You're right," Doctor Mercury tells them. Her tail swishes behind her, quickly enough to be visible as a faint distortion in the air. "I am an invisible hillbilly and you have caught me. Congratulations."

[OOC: Initiative: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
]
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:45 pm le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 Luck: 2 Condition: Grinning Initiative: 21

Toughness checks galore: 1D20+14 = [12]+14 = 26 (24 w/o Withstand Damage [WD])
1D20+14 = [7]+14 = 21 (19 w/o WD)

Adrien just takes the pummeling, grinning like an idiot. He lets them run if they choose.
"Alright, he's dead!" The Hillbilly leader shouts, as he grabs some more bullets and hightails it out of there with his buddies in tow.
"Yeah, that hadda kill him!" one adds.
"But gentlemen! Should we not test the veracity of our opponent's demise?"
"That's a waste o' time, Percival! We gotta get back to our base and deal with them ninja bastards!" The leader hollers back. "They prob'ly heard my shotgun go off, and'll be ready for us! We gotta move NOW!" he makes a call to his Hillbilly partners over at "Mike's", not realizing they've engaged. And as he and his buddies leave the home, they easily spot the Silver Witch touching down with the group.

"Aw, cheese and crackers!" he hollers. "SUPER-HEROES! Let's get 'em!" he takes aim right at Silver Witch...

(New Combat- I'm rolling Init again)

Leader: Init. 11
Hillbilly #2: Init. 9
Hillbilly #3: Init. 15
Percival: Init. 9
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:55 pm Todd noticed the Redneck swinging a board at him,so he simply intercepted it by raising his arm casually while looking around.He narrowed his eyes angrily,however,when he saw one of them connect to Harry.Suddenly ignoring the two he was dealing with,Mustang grab's the Offender by the waist&start's to Suplex him repeatedly into anyone(or any object) he can find....
OCC: Welp,Some Redneck wants a free trip on the Pain Bus to Suplex City....
15+8=23 i think that unarmed attack connects! :D Now that he's in the 'City Limits',let's give him a warm Suplex City welcome....Using the same the same tricks from the last time(Fast Grab&Improved Hold)....
20+8 =28 Grapple attempt Nat 20, Baby! :D
I'm also going to use Move-By Action to start Suplexing him into everyone/thing in this bar,except for Shield or Slyce....
(Okay, so you let the other guy go, then? This is a new attack on another character.

You hit him with whatever your attack was dead on, immediately Dazing him (15 Toughness save vs. DC 25).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:40 pm What? How do they even know where I--

Doctor Mercury looks down. Oh. Yes. Loud, crunchy hay everywhere. Another thing that wouldn't be an issue if she'd had the simple foresight to be an amorphous liquid mass.

A chameleon. Honestly. What was she thinking?

"You're right," Doctor Mercury tells them. Her tail swishes behind her, quickly enough to be visible as a faint distortion in the air. "I am an invisible hillbilly and you have caught me. Congratulations."

[OOC: Initiative: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
]
(Well, that plus you smashing in the window drew attention to yourself :))

Initiative Rolls:
Blue Ninja: 18
Red Ninja: 13
Purple Ninja: 16
Yellow/Orange Ninja: 13

(ouch- all four go ahead of you)

The four men surround you on all sides, being careful to leave little space between them. They don't want you escaping now that they've located your placement.

The man in blue, shirtless and wielding a Japanese sword, goes first. Just barely, his blade misses (18).
The one in purple spins around a powerful bo staff, striking down across your head (21) as you swerve to avoid the blade. DC 20 damage (Power Attack +1).
The remaining two strike simultaneously. One whirls about twin nunchucks, smashing you repeatedly (27). DC 19 damage (Power Attack +1). Another spins twin daggers about, jabbing them into your back (21). DC 19 damage (Power Attack +1).

Though their attacks are strictly human-level, their accuracy tells the tale- these are professional fighters; no mere street thugs.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 Luck: 2 Condition: changer de vêtements Initiative: n/a
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 amAnd as he and his buddies leave the home, they easily spot the Silver Witch touching down with the group.

"Aw, cheese and crackers!" he hollers. "SUPER-HEROES! Let's get 'em!" he takes aim right at Silver Witch...
Adrien listens to the leader, he knows the four hillbillies are outside, and have ran into his new colleagues.

(Laissez les jeunes s'amuser.)Oo. he thought.

He got to his feet, and took the blue, smartphone-sized, wad out of his pocket. He snapped it open. The remains of Adrien's buckshot-filled-shirt slid off his chest with the forceful action.

In a moment, Hercule's hood, mask and cape were in place. He then removed Adrien's trousers and shoes, and then le Petit Hercule carried them with him as he headed for the back of the house, looking for the back door.
Changing clothing.

Let the young folk have their fun.