DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Health: 2
Mana: 4
Silver: 9

Just posting my rolls here so you can see my dice. Nevin as I've decided to call him, is finished! Overall, he's a young mage with plenty of raw power and a tallent for the destructive, but with a desire to steer towards a more beneficial and supportive path.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

So I'll take single weapon and archery styles. I rolled a 12 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211366 for my orlesian Exile table so I get a +1 in dex
I also get only 1 additional health http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211422
I was more lucky and for 16 additional gold http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211423
Last edited by Camus on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Now here's my "Character Comments Corner" on who we got done so far:
Sigge of House Dundelvyn(Batgirl III)=You suprised me,as i had NO idea knew the system that well....That all aside,i like your character! She seems to be just reeling from the discovery that your own SISTER set you up,it captures the backstabbing and Double-dealing nature of the Dwarven Caste System perfectly.As my first couple of games will take place 3-4 months before the Ostagar massacre in DA:Origins,her story would be a great jump point to introduce "The Dwarven Politic" into the Game...

Ash the Qunari Tal-Vashoth(Shadowmask)=again the same things i praised BG for i have to give to you....Ash is gonna be a real fun dude to run,as he's just Angsty enough to be a DA character,but not so much that he'd take away from other PC's.Do you have in mind the lover that died?Species and former culture would be appriciated....

Nevin Abeross escaped Elven Slave and Apostate Mage(Doctor Malsyn)=Again,second verse same as the first.....Nevin seems to be the one that has the best location idea,as everyone else's were just vague enough to leave possible location's up to me.I also like that you don't know what happened to your friend.You got a name in mind or do i have a free invite?....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 pm So I'll take single weapon and archery styles. I rolled a 12 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211366 for my orlesian commoner table so I get a +1 in Constitution.
I also get only 1 additional health http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211422
I was more lucky and for 16 additional gold http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211423
You get an additional roll on that table,you know...Ah,i see you changed Con to Dex,so nevermind
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Basically giving you free reign on that part, eyep. I think it could ad to the drama of it all with how he's trying hard to not think of or mention her name, even though his goal For the future of confronting her are ever present. Also, thank you, he was fun to plot out. :)
------------
Camus

Post by Camus »

So the stats look like this, I would have wanted more perception for extra damage in the bow, but still pretty good.
Communication -1
Willpower 1
Constitution 2
Cunning 0
Dexterity 2+1
Magic -1
Perception 1
Strength 3
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:02 pm So the stats look like this, I would have wanted more perception for extra damage in the bow, but still pretty good.
Communication -1
Willpower 1
Constitution 2
Cunning 0
Dexterity 2+1
Magic -1
Perception 1
Strength 3
Not a very personable Orlesian is he? :)
I have an RL Player that took the neg 1 on Magic as well,loads of fun.....for me....MUHAHAHA !
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Ha ha yea that's pretty bad rolls, I had to take that negative somewhere.

I think I'll change to weapon and shields and archery as talents, and I'll take heavy blades, bows and Spears as weapon groups.
That will give me free bow bastard sword and long spear plus a medium shields.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

You suprised me,as i had NO idea knew the system that well....
I was a beta tester for the first edition. ;)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm curious- what is Magic rolled for asside from common spell casting? I want a good idea if just what he's fucked with. :P
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:23 pm I'm curious- what is Magic rolled for asside from common spell casting? I want a good idea if just what he's fucked with. :P
The Magic stat tells you how much Arcane power you have(or lack thereof in this case :P).It determine's how hard it is for certain spells to effect you(in this case,anything Magical aimed at him,like an Arcane Bolt, does+1 additional damage to him if it hits),so he's pretty much jewed over when it comes to anything Magical in Nature.Like i said,fun times.....for me...MUHAHAHA!

On the other side of low numbers, Communication covers all sorts of Social interaction skills.For instance,trying to convince a Merchant to buy something off you for a higher price.With that -1,he's actually giving said merchant a plus to resist that offer.He'll often come across to strangers as uncouth(which is suprising coming from an Orlesian) or Blunt in his/her dealings....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:22 pm
You suprised me,as i had NO idea knew the system that well....
I was a beta tester for the first edition. ;)
Really?What was the original beta like and is Sigge your original character for it?...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:13 pm Ha ha yea that's pretty bad rolls, I had to take that negative somewhere.

I think I'll change to weapon and shields and archery as talents, and I'll take heavy blades, bows and Spears as weapon groups.
That will give me free bow bastard sword and long spear plus a medium shields.
Yeah,your stats came off more Tank than Artillery anyway.And i get the feeling this groups gonna be a little squishy....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm curious, what time period are we actually playing in?

Also, the devil face makes you come across as angry when I'm sure youre trying to seem just evil. ;)
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:55 pm I'm curious, what time period are we actually playing in?

Also, the devil face makes you come across as angry when I'm sure youre trying to seem just evil. ;)
I've decided to set this 3-4 months before the Battle of Ostagar in Dragon Age:Origins,so just before the Fifth Blight OFFICIALLY started when King Cailen started gathering his troops,but before he officially left the Fereldan Capital.Does that help?

I know,so i'm gonna try for just typing menacing laughter for now on....MUHAHAHA!

how'd that work?
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.