DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Too slow and you lose momentum. Games die that way. Not everyone necessarily wants to participate in the talky part of it nor does it make sense for all characters to talk all the time.

(I know, conflicting info, a GM's life is not easy)
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:32 pm Too slow and you lose momentum. Games die that way. Not everyone necessarily wants to participate in the talky part of it nor does it make sense for all characters to talk all the time.

(I know, conflicting info, a GM's life is not easy)
Alrighty,i'll just continue the game then,with an adjustment: Anyone looking at the note from the dead Cultist need's to make a TN 8 Perception(Seeing) test real quick.You can do it here,as it's something i've JUST come up with....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It seems fine so far, but We'l let you know if things seem to be moving too fast. Honestly, for PbP games, the problem is often the exact opposite.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Perception: 17
Wow, okay... If you'll allow a stunt on this; The Object of your Attention (In liue of something better), and That Makes Me Wonder (Perception(Searching):10)
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Will add perc roll in a bit.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

erm... okay... wow.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:05 am
erm... okay... wow.
OMG! A PERFECT SCORE! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd accuse you of rolling loaded Dice,but it's CC..... :o

6 Stunt Points to use....

Ok,all of you that rolled notice small tears along the right hand side of the parchment.It's too regular to be random tears,as Serina will recognize it immediately as half of a simple Mage Cipher first taught to Tower Mages.Your supposed to line up the page You have(Braedon has a copy of yours) with another page that have small pin holes over the coresponding Sentences,basically making a third secret letter....

I'll also post a Response here in a bit(i do have to sleep for 4 hours,at the least),and i'll try to make it a decent sized one...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jesus, and I thought MY luck was good.

That cans it, one of us is going to critically fail our next spellcasting roll now. Karma MUST be restored. I volunteer myself as tribute.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

That's awesome! should I also pick a 'That makes me wonder' or will Nevin get something more and different for his stunt use? I was also thinking to pick Stunned Silence just so the interaction between Serina and Steel Mask is brought to an end.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:02 am That's awesome! should I also pick a 'That makes me wonder' or will Nevin get something more and different for his stunt use? I was also thinking to pick Stunned Silence just so the interaction between Serina and Steel Mask is brought to an end.
You'll get the same info as Serina did,especially since your training in it was more recent (since Celeste had just started teaching you).Since you and Veth were servants at one time,however,you both know this additional bit that Serina doesn't: Whoever set this Cult up knew the members were going to either be caught or killed,why else make a Cipher for your letter? The fact that it's a Mage Cipher say's something more disturbing: Somehow,somewhere in all this mess either a Mage or Demon is involved.Their the ONLY two that would know of this Cipher....

What you guy's choose to do with this info is your buisness....;)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

If Serina won the contest doesn't mean Braedon is enamored with her? He didn't seem to show any reaction.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:04 pm If Serina won the contest doesn't mean Braedon is enamored with her? He didn't seem to show any reaction.
Oh he most certainly IS enamored with Serina,but right now he's intent on Stamping out these Cultist's.What a lot of people don't know is that he lost his Sister&her family to these monsters last time they showed up.None of your Characters know this yet,but i thought i'd explain why the Seduction didn't seem to work. Serina WILL gain a +2 to any Communications rolls involving from now on as well...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Cool, thanks.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

No problem.I'm thinking of doing a Character Sheet section on key NPC's that you guy's meet(keeping certain intelligence out untill it's revealed in game,of course!) as well as various monsters and other such out in the world of Thedas...