DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD(Ends on July 28th)

Post by Camus »

Yeah he f*cking strangled the old bag.
Perhaps the mask, nothing magical that can damage me ha ha
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Yeah we could all go to therapy together heh
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD

Post by Flynnarrel »

Interested in Learning the system and Making a character so let's see what the rolls say. (I typically do very poor at rolling these, fingers crossed)
Ability Rolls: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211556
Random background Rolls: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211557
I'm thinking/hoping for a mage so Mana Roll: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211558
Hitpoints/Stamina Roll: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211559

Let me review the rules on character making and see what I can come up with.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 pm Interested in Learning the system and Making a character so let's see what the rolls say. (I typically do very poor at rolling these, fingers crossed)
Random background Rolls: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211557
I'm thinking/hoping for a mage so Mana Roll: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211558

OKay
Ability scores if I read the chart correctly: 4,4,-2,1,2,2,0,2
Random background 2d6: 12, 8

I'm thinking of the concept of a Tevinter Leaton who was travelling as attache to a Tevinter Altus, a high noble and diplomat. Their caravan got attacked and the Altus was killed. My character, realizing the importance of the diplomatic mission took the diplomat's place and is pretending to be the Altus for the sake of appearances. It's like, one of Amidala's body doubles if the queen was indisposed and suddenly she has to pretend.

Not knowing the political landscape of the world, is this something that fits? High stat would be Communication with a focus of deception.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:05 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 pm Interested in Learning the system and Making a character so let's see what the rolls say. (I typically do very poor at rolling these, fingers crossed)

OKay
Ability scores if I read the chart correctly: 4,4,-2,1,2,2,0,2
Random background 2d6: 12, 8

I'm thinking of the concept of a Tevinter Leaton who was travelling as attache to a Tevinter Altus, a high noble and diplomat. Their caravan got attacked and the Altus was killed. My character, realizing the importance of the diplomatic mission took the diplomat's place and is pretending to be the Altus for the sake of appearances. It's like, one of Amidala's body doubles if the queen was indisposed and suddenly she has to pretend.

Not knowing the political landscape of the world, is this something that fits? High stat would be Communication with a focus of deception.
It COULD work....Page 160-166 of the Core Rulebook(check the First page of this thread for the free Pdf) describe the Imperium itself,as well as it's Politics.Current History have them in a 100 year War type situation with the Qunari,so he might be heading to Fereldan for Talks with King Cailen about Allying against a "common Chantry Threat"....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

How do you finder he'd ebd up with a band of outcast though. You figure? Especially when one is an escaped slave.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Well, the Tevinter abolished slavery, right? So there wouldn't be a stigma against an escaped slave.

This was just my initial idea though.

Could be that it's right after the attack that killed the diplomatic envoy.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Oops, it looks like I read that wrong. Slavery is still a big thing in Tevinter it seems... hmm...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

To make it even more intresting,he might not even KNOW your an Escaped Slave.Also to Tevinter,the fact that you can do magic would've meant you were Immediately Emancipated(or sold off for Experimentation,depends on the Owner).Which might explain why your Owner's Daughter took such an intrest.She might've originally thought that,if she could "Hook up" with you,she'd improve her Family's Station...true,they might get the Stigma of "Elf lovers",but in Tevinter you take ANY chance to better your(if not your family lines) lot...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hmmm... to make it more in line with betrayed theme of the characters...

My character was the illegitimate daughter of an Altus and a commoner. Her father's natural heirs died in the war and a political rival sought to eliminate the possibility of the noble Altus's bloodline ever rising by his legitimizing his daughter. The Altus noble got his bastard-born daughter assigned to a diplomatic envoy to get her safely out of the way but the rival found out about her and sent mercenaries to destroy the convoy. She was able to escape.

The guardsman who got her out (in the employ of her father) though was mortally wounded in the process, explained the situation to her. Now she doesn't know where to go or who to trust.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:50 pm Hmmm... to make it more in line with betrayed theme of the characters...

My character was the illegitimate daughter of an Altus and a commoner. Her father's natural heirs died in the war and a political rival sought to eliminate the possibility of the noble Altus's bloodline ever rising by his legitimizing his daughter. The Altus noble got his bastard-born daughter assigned to a diplomatic envoy to get her safely out of the way but the rival found out about her and sent mercenaries to destroy the convoy. She was able to escape.

The guardsman who got her out (in the employ of her father) though was mortally wounded in the process, explained the situation to her. Now she doesn't know where to go or who to trust.
Welcome to the World of DRAGON AGE Flynnarrel! My brother likened it to a bastard child Game Of Thrones and Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, and he's not wrong....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 pm To make it even more intresting,he might not even KNOW your an Escaped Slave.Also to Tevinter,the fact that you can do magic would've meant you were Immediately Emancipated(or sold off for Experimentation,depends on the Owner).Which might explain why your Owner's Daughter took such an intrest.She might've originally thought that,if she could "Hook up" with you,she'd improve her Family's Station...true,they might get the Stigma of "Elf lovers",but in Tevinter you take ANY chance to better your(if not your family lines) lot...
Wow! I wonder how he'd feel if she told him that, if that was indeed the actual reason. I don't expect youd reveal whats up there up front after all.! :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:50 pm Hmmm... to make it more in line with betrayed theme of the characters...

Or that mercenary could be certain metal masked individual...
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:07 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 pm To make it even more intresting,he might not even KNOW your an Escaped Slave.Also to Tevinter,the fact that you can do magic would've meant you were Immediately Emancipated(or sold off for Experimentation,depends on the Owner).Which might explain why your Owner's Daughter took such an intrest.She might've originally thought that,if she could "Hook up" with you,she'd improve her Family's Station...true,they might get the Stigma of "Elf lovers",but in Tevinter you take ANY chance to better your(if not your family lines) lot...
Wow! I wonder how he'd feel if she told him that, if that was indeed the actual reason. I don't expect youd reveal whats up there up front after all.! :lol:
You gotta get it in your head Doc; EVERYBODY has an Ultier Motive in this world,not matter how Altruistic they may seem.The Chantry,as Noble as they may seem,have a standing Army of Powered Drug-Addicts and are esenitally Drug Kingpins....King Cailen,while portrayed as a Glory-filled good natured Idiot,was a known Elf Racist and was considering Divorcing his wife(Queen Annora,who was no Saint herself) just so he could marry the Queen of Orlais! Even your buddy Duncan had an Ultier Motive for saving your Character in Origins(no matter your background choice!).It could even be argued that he Orchestrated some of those events....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 am

Or that mercenary could be certain metal masked individual...
Boy,he'd have Bad luck with Caravan's,cause that'd make 2 that got jumped.... :)