DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

Post by MacynSnow »

Premise:
Welcome to Dragon Age, a roleplaying game of dark fantasy adventure. In Dragon Age you and your friends take on the personas of warriors,
mages, and rogues in the world of Thedas and try to make your names by overcoming sinister foes and deadly challenges. You may face down one of the vile darkspawn in ancient dwarven ruins, engage in a duel of wits with an Orlesian noble, or uncover the secrets of the Fade. You may win renown or you may die alone in the trackless wilderness. Whatever your fate, your story is your own to tell. In Dragon Age you make the choices and try to survive the consequences.

I'm going to put this here so everyone can get a look at the rules...
Free Dragon Age Rulebook

Requirements:
I want to have 4-6 players for this,with the Caveat that i need a Good Description for a character concept

Notes:
i know this is rather short,but i'm under the wire at work right now.I'll have a better decription up soon...I'm keeping Recruitment up for two weeks,so it'll end on July 28th.It should give you enough time to read the Rules and create your characters to your liking.

COMPLETED SUBMITIONS:
Nevin Abeross,Escaped Elven Slave:Apostate Mage(Primal)
Ash Tal-Vashoth Ashaad:Rogue(Scout)
Velth "Steel Mask" Vaughn,Tactirn Mercenary:Warrior
Serina Valonsark,Hunted Tevinter Altu&Spoiled Brat:Mage(Spirit)
Gianni,Shipwrecked Antivan Sailor:Rogue

INCOMPLETE SUBMITIONS:

RESERVES LIST:
Sigge Dundelvyn,Exiled Dwarven Noblewoman:Rogue

GAME INFORMATION:
There's 2 possible location's to start this...
Denerim: Capital City of Ferelden and home of King Cailan.Here you'd be solo's(or duo's,depending) untill something happened to bring you all together.....

Steinhold:A Barony in Ferelden located just bordering the Korcari Wilds.The current Arl(a caustic fellow named Voychek Neruda) has sent out a call for Mercenaries.....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:47 am, edited 17 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nice! Already have my book brought out and I'm reading through it as I speak. :D

Thinking I might make an elven apostate, just double up on the discrimination wagon- less you'd prefer circle mages only.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:46 pm Nice! Already have my book brought out and I'm reading through it as I speak. :D

Thinking I might make an elven apostate, just double up on the discrimination wagon- less you'd prefer circle mages only.
No that's fine,i've planned out how to run every single background from the book all the way to Level 18.... MUHAHAHA!
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hah, awesome. I downloaded the core book that my dad got way back, and WHOA it's bigger then expected. Do you want us to roll out their ability scores, or just come at you with concepts first?
------------
Camus

Post by Camus »

Count me in! Loved the PC Game and I played the rule set in pen and paper once and very briefly, so I'll live to give it a try again.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 pm Hah, awesome. I downloaded the core book that my dad got way back, and WHOA it's bigger then expected. Do you want us to roll out their ability scores, or just come at you with concepts first?
Roll ability scores first,THEN tell me Concepts you see(i also want to "see" the Numbers.It's not that i don't trust you lot of loophole seekers,but that way i can see how the Dice treat yous).....
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Ash

Background: Tal-Vashoth, Former Ashaad of the Antaam.
Class: Rogue.
Hgt: 7' 6"
Wgt: 400 lbs.

Speed: 12
Defense: 12
Armor: 3 Penalty: 0 Armor Type - Light Leather Armor.
Health: 30

Communication - 1
Willpower - 1
Constitution - 2
Cunning - 1
Dexterity - 3
Magic - 0
Perception - 2
Strength - 3 (Focuses - Strength = Might, Intimidation).

Class Abilities, Specializations and Talents: Backstab. Talents - Rogue's Armor, Scouting (Novice). Weapon Groups - Bows, Brawling, Light Blades, Staves.

Languages: Qunlat, Trade Tongue.

Equipment: A backpack, Traveler's garb, a waterskin, Light Leather Armor, Short Sword, Light Shield, Long Bow, Quiver with 20 arrows, a small tent and Flint and Steel.

Starting Money: 21 SP, 40 CP.

Magic Susceptibility: All Qunari suffer from a -1 penalty on all ability tests to resist spells and other magical effects such as magic item powers.

History; One must serve for the good of all according to the Qun as preached by the leaders of the Antaam but the Ashaad was dissatisfied with how hollow the sacred words seem especially when he began to have romantic feelings toward a female human commoner from the country of Nevarra named Pernelle, a Viddathari who fully accepted the Qun and who better yet responded to the Ashaad's feelings with equal passion.

Until another of the Qunari, a Sten objected to this "unclean" coupling and killed her yet somehow it was stoically accepted by the Arishok. Stung by the hypocrisy on how the Qun only benefited pure blooded Qunari in its laws but allowed loopholes which greatly mistreated the Viddathari, the Ashaad sought and slew the Sten while he was loudly bragging to his fellow Sten about his recent slaying of the Ashaad's love. This made him a Vashoth though his active actions against the Antaam made him Tal-Vashoth.

Ash doesn't really much care what he was now named by those now consisted of his enemies as long as he remains the one left standing in their occasional battles.
Last edited by Shadowmask on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:57 am, edited 12 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

2, 3, 1, 0, 3, 2, 0, 0

Pretty average overall, I think.
------------
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

The Qun is a lie. 8-)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:26 pm 2, 3, 1, 0, 3, 2, 0, 0

Pretty average overall, I think.
Yeah,those are fairly general numbers so far.What's your thought on concept?
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Shadowmask wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 pm Image

Ash

Background: Tal-Vashoth, Former Ashaad of the Beresaad.
Hgt: 7'5"

Speed:
Defense:
Armor: Penalty: Armor Type - Heavy Leather Armor.
Health:

Communication - 1
Willpower - 1
Constitution - 3
Cunning - 1
Dexterity - 2
Magic - 0
Perception - 2
Strength - 3

Class Abilities & Specializations:

Talents: Rogue's Armor, Thievery, Scouting.

Equipment: A backpack, Traveler's Garb, a waterskin, Heavy Leather Armor, Long Sword, Long Bow, Quiver with 20 arrows, small tent and Flint and Steel.

Note: -1 penalty on all ability tests to resist spells and other magical effects such as magic item powers.

History;
So if the Qun is a lie,then what is Ash?

Right out of the gate like a typical Qunari Ashaad...so far,so good.But you missed Health(as a Rogue,it's 25+Constitution+1D6), your Weapon Groups(as a Rogue,they're Bows,Brawling,Light Blades and Staves) and your Level 1 Class Power: BACKSTAB(Dexterity:Stealth-vs.-Percrption:Seeing of the target.They fail,you get +2 to attack roll and+1D6 extra Damage.Can't backstab if you start right next to target untill 4th Level,though)
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Name: Nevin Abeross
Archetype: Escaped Elven Slave
Class: Mage
Specialization: None
Sex: Male
Height: 5'5 ft.
Weight: 150 lbs.

Character Stats

Level: 1
Hitpoints: 22/22
Mana: 17/17
Spellpower: 13
Defense: 10
Speed: 12
Experience: ?

Abilities

Communication: 2
-Focuses:
Constitution: 0
-Focuses:
(P)Cunning: 2
-Focuses:
Dexterity: 0
-Focuses: Brawling
(P)Magic: 3
-Focuses:
Perception: 1
-Focuses: Hearing
Strength: 1
-Focuses: Driving
(P)Willpower: 3
-Focuses:

Class Powers

Arcane Lance: By using magic as a focus, a mage can create a blast of raw arcane might at a target. This blast deals 1d6+ Magic in damage, and has a range of 16 yards.
Magic Training: The very basis og being a mage, allows flr the use of spells and etc.
Mana points: A pool of arcane power which allowd for the use of spells and powers. A mage starts with 10 + Magic + 1d6, and raises by Magic + 1d6 each new level. Mana is normally recovered through rest or meditation.
Starting Tallent: A mage starts out as a novice in one of three fields.

Tallents + Misc.

(Novice)Lore: Upon getting a successful Cunning check with a Lore focus, a novice lorekeeper receives an additional piece of information.
Weapon Groups: Brawling, Quarterstaves
Languages: Tevintir, Trade Language

Equipment: Curency: 0/5/49

Gauntlet: Brawling, 1d3+1 damage
Quarterstaff: Staves, 1d6+1

Misc.: Backpack, Traveling Clothes, Waterskin, Bedroll, Blanket, Tent (Small), Dining Utensils, Cup (Tin), Plate (Tin), Chalk (5), Lantern, Flint and steel, Glass Bottles (3(3 pints of Oil , Empty, Empty), Flask, Pouch (2, (Currency, Empty)), Travel Rations (5 Weeks)

Spells

Heal:
Magic School: Creation; Spell Type: Utility; Mana Cost: 1-3 Mp; Casting time: Major Action; Target Number: 10; Test: None; Requirement: None;
Your touch seals wounds and restores vigor to one wounded target. You can choose to spend up to 3 mana points when you cast this spell. For each mana point spent, the target gets back 1d6 Health. You can cast this on yourself.
Shock:
Magic School: Primal Spell; Type: Attack; Mana Cost: 4 Mp; Casting time: Major Action; Target Number: 13; Test: Constitution (stamina) vs. spell Power; Requirement: none
Electricity arcs from your hands or the end of your staff, shocking enemies in a 6-yard by 6-yard area. Anyone in this area takes 1d6 + Magic penetrating damage. Targets that make a successful Constitution (stamina) test vs. your Spellpower only take 1d6 penetrating damage.
Rock Armor:
Magic School: Primal Spell; Type: Defense; Mana Cost: 3-8 Mp; Casting time: 1 Minute; Target Number: 10 Test: None; Requirement: None;
Your skin becomes as hard as stone and protects you from harm. Rock armor has an Armor Rating equal to your Magic ability. The spell lasts for 1 hour but its duration can be extended by spending additional mana points. For each additional MP spent beyond the first 3, rock armor remains in effect for another hour, to a maximum of 6 hours total. A mage wearing regular armor gains no benefit from this spell. You can only cast this on yourself.

Story blurb

Nevin was born a slave within the Tivintir Imperium, in the service of a small family of Soporati merchants. In spite of the hardships he endured during his life, he in time grew close to their daughter, to the point where they saw themselves as inseparable as any other pair of friends. It was the trust she had in him that led him to reveal his greatest secret, something he feared her parents would do upon discovering that their slave had the very gift of magic they longed to possess themselves. Instead of rejection as he feared, the girl accepted and encouraged the young elf to pursue his talents in secret and would often come by to spectate in his practices.

Yet on one ill fated evening, her father whom had become suspicious of the amount of time his precious child spent with the elf followed her in secret, to then barge in during a display of power. Out of shock and fear, Nevin lost control over the spell he had been practicing and bolts of arcane lighting flew from his hands in an uncontrollable storm. When the sparks had died away, his master was dead and his friend had finally gathered enough wit to run away, choking down sobs of terror and despair at what she just witnessed.

Moving in a daze himself, the slave boy gathered up what little he had and fled through the window, the full realization of what he had just committed only slamming down onto his shoulders hours later in the dead of night as he cried out in abject horror.

Goals:
Magic is powerful, dangerous, and it can kill without so much of a thought. Nevin is well aware of all of this even as a fresh practitioner, having seen it's destructive capability first hand. He seeks to learn of ways to put this chaotic substance to better use, rather then relying on his innate talent with the awesome force that is Primal Magic. Independently, he's already learned to heal those he has hurt as well as himself, yet what other secrets are there for him to learn so that he might fully realize his desires?

More important to him then his desire to tame that internal well of arcana within, is the absolute need he has to seek out his friend once again, the daughter of the first man he'd ever killed. He knows that willingly going back into the Imperium he fled is a dangerous task, with an even more uncertain reward. What did he even hope to accomplish by confronting her again after all these years? Forgiveness? Penance? These thoughts trouble him more then the mysteries of the Fade ever could.

Ties:
?
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:11 am, edited 10 times in total.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:54 pm Image

An Elven slave, who was born into the servitude of a small merchant family. He made friends with daughter of his owners in spite of the ways they treated him, and it was to her he first revealed that fledgling gift of magic he harbored within. Yet her parents discovered them at the worst time, and in a fit of fear and anger he lashed out at them with an unknown spell. They lay dead at his feat, while his childhood friend ran with tears of sorrow and choked sobs of fear. Not wishing to be around when or even if she returned, he gathered what little belongings he had and fled into the dead of night.
No training/Mentor, All self-taught then?

Nice background story btw,really captures the Dark Fantasy aspects nicely...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eyep, pretty much going purely by instinct there. May reflect that by giving him a lower then expected Cunning score as well.

Thanks, I though of having the daughter help him escape, but... I felt like the way I went fits more into how it would've gone in this setting.
------------
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:51 pm
Shadowmask wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 pm Image

Ash

Background: Tal-Vashoth, Former Ashaad of the Beresaad.
Hgt: 7'5"

Speed:
Defense:
Armor: Penalty: Armor Type - Heavy Leather Armor.
Health:

Communication - 1
Willpower - 1
Constitution - 3
Cunning - 1
Dexterity - 2
Magic - 0
Perception - 2
Strength - 3

Class Abilities & Specializations:

Talents: Rogue's Armor, Thievery, Scouting.

Equipment: A backpack, Traveler's Garb, a waterskin, Heavy Leather Armor, Long Sword, Long Bow, Quiver with 20 arrows, small tent and Flint and Steel.

Note: -1 penalty on all ability tests to resist spells and other magical effects such as magic item powers.

History;
So if the Qun is a lie,then what is Ash?

Right out of the gate like a typical Qunari Ashaadd...so far,so good.But you missed Health(as a Rogue,it's 25+Constitution+1D6), your Weapon Groups(as a Rogue,they're Bows,Brawling,Light Blades and Staves) and your Level 1 Class Power: BACKSTAB(Dexterity:Stealth-vs.-Percrption:Seeing of the target.They fail,you get +2 to attack roll and+1D6 extra Damage.Can't backstab if you start right next to target untill 4th Level,though)
Yeah, at first it felt strange having a Tal-Vashoth rogue though i knew the Qunari had archers as well as scouts in the Beresaad (The Ashaad). On the other hand, if someone sees a 7 and a half foot tall horned thug trying to pick a lock, they will run in the opposite direction. Will make the changes ASAP.