DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD(Ends on July 28th)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

So... We have three humans and their pets- er, I means, and a vashoth, dwarf, and elf. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:46 am So... We have three humans and their pets- er, I means, and a vashoth, dwarf, and elf. ;)
It's actually an intresting mix,as 'True Qunari'(most Stens,while holding higher positions,are considered Half-breed's) haven't been seen in Ferelden yet...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:54 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:46 am So... We have three humans and their pets- er, I means, and a vashoth, dwarf, and elf. ;)
It's actually an intresting mix,as 'True Qunari'(most Stens,while holding higher positions,are considered Half-breed's) haven't been seen in Ferelden yet...
I... don't understand this. Are the Quns an oddity? Is there going to be a problem having one in the party?
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:43 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:54 am
I... don't understand this. Are the Quns an oddity? Is there going to be a problem having one in the party?
No,it's just odd to see one this far into Ferelden.Most Tal-Vashoth are usually seen around either Seheron or in the Free Marches at this time of the Game.Remember in DA:Origins,Sten was only in Ferelden because the Arishok wanted to know abou the Blight....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I still find it funny how while the Quanari view hornlessness as something intimidating and to admire, for the inhabitants of Feralden it's almost the opposite. Though, I doubt most people desire horns.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rules question. Just been reading through trying to figure out the system.

It seems to me that anyone carrying a light shield gets +1 defense. It says you have to have the weapon group that includes Shields to get any more than a +1 from a shield ever, but it seems anyone who can afford a light shield and wasn't using their off-hand for anything could get +1 def. Additionally, the Mage rule that says it costs more mana to cast if you're in armor doesn't mention anything about shields. It also doesn't it say you have to have a certain number of hands free to cast spells or use Arcane Lance through a staff or anything.

Am I missing something?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:00 pm Rules question. Just been reading through trying to figure out the system.

It seems to me that anyone carrying a light shield gets +1 defense. It says you have to have the weapon group that includes Shields to get any more than a +1 from a shield ever, but it seems anyone who can afford a light shield and wasn't using their off-hand for anything could get +1 def. Additionally, the Mage rule that says it costs more mana to cast if you're in armor doesn't mention anything about shields. It also doesn't it say you have to have a certain number of hands free to cast spells or use Arcane Lance through a staff or anything.

Am I missing something?
I think it is like the D&D buckler, its strapped to your forearm and therefore doesn't confer spell failure. Cheap defence!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:05 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:00 pm Rules question. Just been reading through trying to figure out the system.

Am I missing something?
I think it is like the D&D buckler, its strapped to your forearm and therefore doesn't confer spell failure. Cheap defence!
To cast Arcane Lance,not to mention Most spells save anything in their description that say's otherwise,you just need A hand free.The light Shields in the book are considered Hand and a half shields,so it just straps to your forarm(like Forearm Bracers,which gives you the same plus as a lt.Shield,but doesn't weight as much).
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Are there penalties for wear f it without training?
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:21 pm Are there penalties for wear f it without training?
Nope,cost's the same as a Lt.Shield (15sp).Also,a Light Leather Duster gives you a 3 Armor,has 0 Armor Penalty(for my 2 mages.Your welcome! :D),and only cost's 15sp.More options are on page 76 of the Rulebook(free PDF version is on page 1 of this Awesome Thread:) ).
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

I still need to flesh out Gianni more and do his equipment
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I don't have the money for it right now, but I'm sure as soon as we find a woman who wishes for us to make billions of traps for her we'll have the change to spare.

(Seriously, if she dosn't even get a mention in this game at some poi t I'll be disapointed. ;P)
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:54 pm I don't have the money for it right now, but I'm sure as soon as we find a woman who wishes for us to make billions of traps for her we'll have the change to spare.

(Seriously, if she dosn't even get a mention in this game at some poi t I'll be disapointed. ;P)
That was the most tedious side-quest i've ever done in a DA game(and that includes both the 'infinite Money' trick in Origins AND the 'Level-up' trick in DA2).That woman is SO needy!....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She was in DA2? And not only that, she had ANOTHER infinite bug attributed to her? There's something up with her...
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 pm She was in DA2? And not only that, she had ANOTHER infinite bug attributed to her? There's something up with her...
She wasn't in DA2,but there's a similar bug where you can get max level for each chapter....
You know those...I'll call them Wierd...objects you find along your travels that you can return for a little XP? Well,when you get near the person it 'belongs' to,constantly start pressing whatever your "sheathing" button is and don't stop the button mashing untill you hit max level.Do this AFAP,and EVERY companion you meet after will be just 1 level behind you.