DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD(Ends on July 28th)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eyep! That's why I love this series, and why we're all here to play it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 am
Camus wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:50 pm Hmmm... to make it more in line with betrayed theme of the characters...

My character was the illegitimate daughter of an Altus and a commoner. Her father's natural heirs died in the war and a political rival sought to eliminate the possibility of the noble Altus's bloodline ever rising by his legitimizing his daughter. The Altus noble got his bastard-born daughter assigned to a diplomatic envoy to get her safely out of the way but the rival found out about her and sent mercenaries to destroy the convoy. She was able to escape.

The guardsman who got her out (in the employ of her father) though was mortally wounded in the process, explained the situation to her. Now she doesn't know where to go or who to trust.
Or that mercenary could be certain metal masked individual...
Boy,he'd have Bad luck with Caravan's,cause that'd make 2 that got jumped.... :)
Fits him, he takes risky jobs so the others sure and he gets everybody's pay. It might be the reason why he decides to go with the group after all
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 am Eyep! That's why I love this series, and why we're all here to play it.
Which kinda suprises me,given the Dark tone,that so many fans of Super Heroes like this just as much,if not more...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:58 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 am Eyep! That's why I love this series, and why we're all here to play it.
Which kinda suprises me,given the Dark tone,that so many fans of Super Heroes like this just as much,if not more...
I like classical music by Brahms and I like angry punk music by Black Flag; I like the art house cinema of Jean Cocteau and I like the dick and fart jokes of Kevin Smith; I like aspirational, four-color superheroics and I like mysterious, dark fantasy.

People can like different genres.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:32 am
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:58 am
I like classical music by Brahms and I like angry punk music by Black Flag; I like the art house cinema of Jean Cocteau and I like the dick and fart jokes of Kevin Smith; I like aspirational, four-color superheroics and I like mysterious, dark fantasy.

People can like different genres.
I know that people can like different genres,but this is such a Dark take on The Classic Fantasy genre it can be shocking to some fans of even D&D.
Don't get me wrong,i'm a Mega-fan of this setting(you don't spend 2 years trying to make a Conversion between this and M&M just for fun),i'm just honestly suprised that this is taking off Faster than my Fantastic Victoriana:Black Sails thread....
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Hmm, i am considering throwing my hat in the ring. What sort of areas could do with being covered? Might go with a dalish elf scout, currently separated from his clan due to human interference
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Corrigon wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:36 pm Hmm, i am considering throwing my hat in the ring. What sort of areas could do with being covered? Might go with a dalish elf scout, currently separated from his clan due to human interference
How did the Shemlins(Dalish slur for Humans) cause you to get Seperated from your Aravel? Do you have an idea or are you leaving it up to me?.....MUHAHAHA!
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

General racism from Shemlins though if you want to link it to something else.

Also considering an Antivan merchant
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Corrigon wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:39 pm General racism from Shemlins though if you want to link it to something else.

Also considering an Antivan merchant
Both concepts are solid.Roll them bones(a Craps reference since we're using D6's for the system) and see where it goes... :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Placed some more info on the front page for people to look at.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 am Name: Serina Valonsark
Archetype: Hunted Tevinter Altus, heir to the Valonsark family prestige. Spoiled brat
Class: Mage
Specialization: ?
Sex: Female
Height: 5'1 ft.
Weight: 120 lbs.

Character Stats

Level: 1
Hitpoints: 26/26
Mana: 20/20
Armor: 3
Defense: 11 (+1 from Spiked Buckler, 12)
Speed: 11
Experience: ?

Abilities

Communication: 2+1(background random, 8)=3
Constitution: 2
(P)Cunning: 0 Focus: Arcane Lore
Dexterity: 1
(P)Magic: 4+1(background)=5
Perception: 2
Strength: -2
(P)Willpower: 4+1(background Random,12) = 5

Class Powers

Arcane Lance: By using magic as a focus, a mage can create a blast of raw arcane might at a target. This blast deals 1d6+ Magic in damage, and has a range of 16 yards.
Magic Training: The very basis of being a mage, allows for the use of spells and etc.
Mana points: A pool of arcane power which allowed for the use of spells and powers. A mage starts with 10 + Magic + 1d6, and raises by Magic + 1d6 each new level. Mana is normally recovered through rest or meditation.
Starting Talent: A mage starts out as a novice in one of three fields. (Note: Since Serina didn't qualify for any of those and given her background, GM let her take different starting talent.)

Talents + Misc.

(Novice)Intrigue: if Fail Communication(Deception) test, reroll.
Weapon Groups: Brawling, Quarterstaves
Languages: Tevintir, Trade Language,

Starting Money: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=211648 = 55sp
Equipment: Currency: 0sp, 0cp
free: A backpack, traveler’s garb, and a waterskin. Quarterstaff/Staff, 1 weapon (Spiked Buckler)
Tent-small (10s), 2 Belt Pouch(2s), plate (7c), metal bowl (20c),
Rations 1wk (2s), Soap 1lb (15c), Mirror (3s), Chalk, white (2c), Chalk, red (6c), Chalk, blue (6c), Chalk, black (2c) {rudimentary make-up}
10 pages paper(30c), Ink-black(20c), 2 Quill (6c), 5 pencil (5c), 4 candle (10c), Sealing wax (5cp), Sealing Ring (5s) [Diplomatic Envoy],
Dress (12c), Mage's Robe (6s), Boots (5s), gloves (4s), Cloak (3s), Belt (7c), Brush(12c), Sash, (5c)
Light leather duster (15s)
Lesser Lyrium potion (30c)
[spent: 55s]

Gauntlet: Brawling, 1d3+1 damage
Quarterstaff: Staves, 1d6+2

Spells:

Drain Life

DRAIN LIFE
Magic School: Entropy
Spell Type: Utility Mana Cost: 4 MP
Casting Time: Major Action Target Number: 12
Test: Constitution (Stamina) vs. Spellpower
Requirement: None
You suck life energy out of a visible target within 10 yards
to heal yourself. The target takes 1d6 + Magic penetrating
damage and you are healed by the same amount. Note this
only heals damage you have suffered; it doesn’t give you
bonus Health above your normal amount. If the target makes
a successful Constitution (Stamina) test vs. your Spellpower,
the penetrating damage is only 1d6.

Mind Blast

MIND BLAST
Magic School: Spirit
Spell Type: Attack Mana Cost: 3 MP
Casting Time: Major Action Target Number: 12
Test: Strength (Might) vs. Spellpower
Requirement: None
You create a circular blast of telekinetic force with a 2 yard
radius that’s centered anywhere within 50 yards that you can
see. Those caught in the blast are knocked prone and cannot
take a major action on their next turn. Targets that make a
successful Strength (Might) test vs. your Spellpower are only
knocked prone. In either case, any prepared actions are lost.

Weakness

WEAKNESS
Magic School: Entropy
Spell Type: Attack Mana Cost: 3 MP
Casting Time: Major Action Target Number: 11
Test: Magic (Spirit) vs. Spellpower
Your magic drains a visible enemy within 20 yards of energy,
making them slower and more sluggish. The target suffers a
–1 penalty to Strength and Dexterity and a –5 penalty to Speed
for a number of rounds equal to the casting roll’s Dragon Die.
If the target makes a successful Magic (Spirit) test vs. your
Spellpower, they only suffer the Speed penalty.

Story blurb:

The daughter of Lord Magistrate Carson Valonsark and an Lady Beatriss, Serina inherited nearly unparalleled magical strength. Stronger in fact than her two older siblings, Martin and Amelia.

This insured that she remained on the political radar of her father's allies and rivals alike. When an 'accident' killed Magistrate Valonsark's eldest children, Carson arranged for his daughter to be assigned as attache to a Diplomatic mission leaving the borders and hopefully out of reach of Carson's rivals while Carson tried to work out which of his political rivals was so bold as to resort to murder. It almost worked.

Serina Valonsark was a spoiled, willful young woman, entitled and sure of her own untouchableness. She didn't fathom the danger she was in and resented being sent away from the comforts of the city in order to live in these (luxurious by all standards but hers) carts:

"Of course Daddy sent men-at-arms to protect me as well. Some laconic brute in an iron mask. There were others too, I think. I don't know, it didn't really matter anyway. In any case, I was only here to add legitimacy of my name to these negotiations, I wasn't expected to take lead in the negotiations. There was a more experienced Altus for that sort of work - and older matronly type by the name of Celeste Telumsin. She was at least a decent conversationalist (unlike the iron mask guy, though perhaps I should make allowances if he's mentally deficient or horribly scarred or something).

Celeste had an elf that she was training. Some 'escaped slave', which is a waste since clearly his magic was decently strong if unrefined. Beside, it's not a mage could ever really be a slave. Fiddle-snix!

Well, the caravan was attacked. Of all the nerve! Of course I'm not a 'battle mage' but I'm not useless! I would have stayed and fought, I mean, Helloooo! My family are Blood Mages. (Oh right! I'm not actually supposed to talk about that). And never let it be said a Valonsark shirked from danger or duty, but Iron Face man bundled me off (and, I think, a few others, but whatever). Worst yet, he refused to carry my trunks of clothes! I could only grab the barest handful of things to maintain civility. Of course Iron Face made me take things like food and water and one of the servant's tents (smells like feet, by the way). He insisted I bring my leather coat (even though it was SO hot and the seamstress I brought along hadn't even finished tailoring it and the embroidery is not even started, there were going to be dragons and stars and stuff). And he even found me the quaintest little shield (a shieldlette, I think they're called) with sharp pokey bits. It doesn't really go with my outfit but at least he's trying to accessorize. Oh, I also grabbed Celeste's writing kit and important papers. But seriously, he's making ME carry these things!

Yes, well, now we don't know where to go or who we can trust. We're in the middle of the gods-forsaken wilderness of all places. And my nails are in DESPERATE need of a beauty-maid's maintenance!"

SIGH!

Goals:
Short term
Maybe if there were important papers that need delivering or signing to deliver those (or they could be junk).

Maybe try to get someplace safe and decent-smelling for a change.

Longer Term

Bring honor to house Valonsark

Stay alive long enough for my father to discover/deal with whoever is trying to kill me or deal with it myself if need be.

Ties:

"Iron Face, the Mercenary my father hired."
"Huge hulking horned Qun primitive guy, another Mercenary my father hired"
"Nevin, I think his name is, the former pretend-slave elf mage that Celeste had taken in, but mine now."
Preserving these for if I need them later.

https://www.mittelbayerische.de/imgserv ... 00x180.jpg

https://toofab.akamaized.net/2012/07/31 ... -1000w.jpg

https://www.gusto.at/_storage/asset/433 ... 06_2_1.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/D3P7F0/us-ame ... D3P7F0.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... q1OOGwSRXG

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com/wm ... 8c-450.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wepe5ntAcJc/S ... 772765.jpg

https://cdn.jolie.de/62329-986820-3/ima ... 659289.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/77/6d ... 096741.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ff/75/a7/ff75 ... c97a08.jpg

Current configuration Leveling Schema: 2: +p.adv(banked), Magic(Entropy) focus,Spell: Paralysis 3: +1 Con(3), Dexterity(Initiative) or Communication(Deception) focus,Entropy magic(n) talent 4: +1 magic(6), Magic(Spirit) Focus,Spell: Telekinesis 5: +1 Con(4), Constitution(Stamina) focus, Entropy Magic(j) talent, Entropy Spell: Miasma 6: +p.adv(banked), Willpower(self control) focus, Blood Mage Specialization(n) 7: +1 Con(5), Strength(Might) or Dex(init) focus,Entropy Magic(m) talent,Entropy Spell: Mass Paralysis 8: +1 Magic(7), Magic(Blood) Focus, Blood Mage Specialization(j), Spell: Blood Wound 9: +str(-1)?+com(4)?, ??? focus, Spirit Magic (n) talent 10: +p.adv(banked) Magic(Arcane Lance) or Willpower(Courage)??? focus, Blood Mage Specialization(m), Spell: Spell Shield? Drain Mana? Hemmorage? Force field? Thought-Taking? 11: +1 Str(0)?, Constitution(Stamina +3) focus, Spell: ????, Spirit Magic (j) talent, Spirit Spell: Dispel Magic or Mana Cleanse or Force field or Repulse field??? 12: +1 Magic(8), Magic(Entropy +3) focus 13: +(Comm? Perc? Dex?), Spell: ????, Spirit Magic (m) talent, Spirit Spell: ?????
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 24 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Such natural skill with magic! I'm admittedly jealous. ;)

Begin isn't the type of person who would mind though himself, I actually could picture him heavily respecting her and shyly asking f she could offer him some lessons.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I tried to keep the spells far separate from each other.

I think you went more Primal and I went more Spirit.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I did, yes, I'm thinking of taking him down the Spirit Healer route later on however. I think it'd suit him.
------------
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Man, I wish I had time to learn this system, but alas, I will not. Looks like fun. :D
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum