DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Corrigon

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

Post by Corrigon »

yeah, back when he was non verbally convincing the people not to go to Tevinter.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

GM. Where do you want us to go?

Gianni's Sway the Crowd is telling us not to go to Tevinter, so that's right out.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

actually they are for use for the scene which it is still the same scene
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Totally. But sway the crowd, unless I read it wrong, applies your original persuasion to others in the scene.
Giannis original persuasion was don’t go to tevinter, right?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

In any case, we seem to have an in character dispute as to where to go next. We should probably talk about it out of character. The more mercenary of us have pointed out that we are not getting paid and to go to the cultists headquarters. It is certainly the good and right thing to do for moral character.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You also don't know it Braedon and the Baranti Guard went their,or even if they found out about the location yet.
This is what i LOVE about Dragon Age; every choice you make will have Consequences.If you decide to press your luck and go to the Cultist's Lair,you run the risk of being too tired and killed..If you Don't go,it's possible the Cultist's will just move or worse.Not to mention the Wild Card that's Braedon and the Baranti Guards...MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Well hmmm okay.

Players,

It seems like Serina, Steel Mask, and Ash want to go to the Baranti estates. (Correct me if I’m wrong). Gianni wants to go to after the cultists. What does Nevin want to do?
Regarding the Baranti men being at the next location it seems the notes were in a code used by mages. They wouldn’t be as likely to have decoded the notes.

I wanted to bring this up in OOC because Serina is unlikely to have this discussion IC and though she’s a bossy prit who’ll drive people away *I* don’t want to do that.

I can understand the inclination and preference to have all these interactions in character but if possible it’d be cool if we could all preserve the nature of our broken, disfunctional characters while still having party cohesion.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin's stance is pretty evident I'd think, he wants told get the cult dealt with here and now. Erhm.. I'll have that post up when I can, explaining more about them and how horrible they are. Spoiler alert! They're related to the chantry.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

I'd go for the cultists now, I dont know how much more mana do you guys have. Going back would probably mean a different quest entirely, and we are quite close to wrapping this up, and if I learnt something about Dragon age is that the juicy fat XP comes when you complete a quest, not for killing darkspawns.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 am Well hmmm okay.

Players,

It seems like Serina, Steel Mask, and Ash want to go to the Baranti estates. (Correct me if I’m wrong). Gianni wants to go to after the cultists. What does Nevin want to do?
Regarding the Baranti men being at the next location it seems the notes were in a code used by mages. They wouldn’t be as likely to have decoded the notes.

I wanted to bring this up in OOC because Serina is unlikely to have this discussion IC and though she’s a bossy prit who’ll drive people away *I* don’t want to do that.

I can understand the inclination and preference to have all these interactions in character but if possible it’d be cool if we could all preserve the nature of our broken, disfunctional characters while still having party cohesion.
Velth wants to go to the cultists, he never said he would go back now, Ash outburst just got him in "do what you want" mode, thats all, it doesnt mean he will go, he just pointed the exit to him.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Oddly enough Ash and Serina want the same thing. Huh...
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Fancy that. It is interesting how odd a composition the personailities of our characters are right now, it already reminds me strongly of how the party is at first in origins where several people clearly dont like one another.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There we go! Sorry that took me ages, I felt I could only do it justice from my computer.

Sidenote; I know that it's the reverse, that the Imperium is the one who has the modified chantry, but I felt it might make sense for the common citizen to fully embrace whatever propaganda priests in the Tevintir might spout. ;)
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Okay, it seems like the majority want to go on to the end of the Copper lane. Is there a good roleplaying way we can justify these characters facing this level of danger (both mages under half their mana points) when they aren't getting compensation and have no logical reason to expect back-up?
Camus

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:36 pm Okay, it seems like the majority want to go on to the end of the Copper lane. Is there a good roleplaying way we can justify these characters facing this level of danger (both mages under half their mana points) when they aren't getting compensation and have no logical reason to expect back-up?
We are supposed to get compensation, by everyone! We are ending the chantry, Baranti would make us rich!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ