DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD(Ends on July 28th)

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:16 pm I could go along with that! Though, thibming back on things... It atarts to leave your own character with a pretty visible history of failed missions...
Not neccisarily,it just means he has bad luck at being a Caravan Guard&Hitman....;)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Maybe she was a passing dwarf at the time, who took putty upon this escaped Elf and undid his shackles?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Camus wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:08 am You are missing the most vital part: Picture
I'll go with Paris Hilton.

"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Perfect.

Edit: What do you think so far about the various Ideas we've had that could tie our characters to yours?
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:42 am Some notes for Serina here:
--keep the Options,but link the Merc to Velth(with Camus' approval,of course) instead of keeping him unnamed.It not only works to establish some ties(and i was gonna have those picked do it regardless),but also causes a Neat Story element to show-up if either(or both) are picked:Who was the Rival?Why would they resort to Assassination?Did they hire the Antivan Crows or keep it "in House"?....MUHAHAHAH!
I figure whatever crew ends up being selected it works to have one (or more than one) be the hired mercenary, I kept it generic enough.

As to who was the rival and what methods they'll use/ have used, I thought I'd leave that up to you. It can be brought in sparsely, it could be the focus of the adventure, it can be just a convenient way that some of these characters meet. Your call. And while I had no specific ideas I think it'd likely be a powerful mage with strong political ties that covets Magistrate Te'Alum's position/title and has a good reason to think it'll come to them should the Magistrate have no heirs.

Macyn, I'm also open to character modification. I can choose the Altus background if it'd make more sense or work better for the story you had in mind. She'd go the full 'entitled noblewoman' route which could be fun character interaction. "What do you mean I have to carry my OWN bags?" As it is now she's from a middle-class, academic background and will be eager to be useful though out of the dept of her training. Linguistics, though making sense for someone who'd be assigned to a diplomat envoy, could be swapped for the chirurgy to give her even more utility (though I tried to avoid taking the Heal spell since the elf apostate already had it). I can also swap attributes around if you'd rather not have a character with +7 to deception rolls.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I wanted to get chirurgy myself, but I didn't have the right pre-reqs for it unfortunately. It's looking to me though that out of the two of us, it's your own character who might be a better shoe-in for a "Spirit healer", if that was what you were shooting for... I could switch things up a little bit if that's what you wanted to go with.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:46 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:42 am Some notes for Serina here:
--keep the Options,but link the Merc to Velth(with Camus' approval,of course) instead of keeping him unnamed.It not only works to establish some ties(and i was gonna have those picked do it regardless),but also causes a Neat Story element to show-up if either(or both) are picked:Who was the Rival?Why would they resort to Assassination?Did they hire the Antivan Crows or keep it "in House"?....MUHAHAHAH!
I figure whatever crew ends up being selected it works to have one (or more than one) be the hired mercenary, I kept it generic enough.

As to who was the rival and what methods they'll use/ have used, I thought I'd leave that up to you. It can be brought in sparsely, it could be the focus of the adventure, it can be just a convenient way that some of these characters meet. Your call. And while I had no specific ideas I think it'd likely be a powerful mage with strong political ties that covets Magistrate Te'Alum's position/title and has a good reason to think it'll come to them should the Magistrate have no heirs.

Macyn, I'm also open to character modification. I can choose the Altus background if it'd make more sense or work better for the story you had in mind. She'd go the full 'entitled noblewoman' route which could be fun character interaction. "What do you mean I have to carry my OWN bags?" As it is now she's from a middle-class, academic background and will be eager to be useful though out of the dept of her training. Linguistics, though making sense for someone who'd be assigned to a diplomat envoy, could be swapped for the chirurgy to give her even more utility (though I tried to avoid taking the Heal spell since the elf apostate already had it). I can also swap attributes around if you'd rather not have a character with +7 to deception rolls.
Dude,your fine with your character as is.The best part of being a GM,IMHO, is working with the players on how THEY see their PC's fitting into Your setting,then make your story fit THEM,not the other way around.

I'm also a big believer in "Give a PC enough rope,they'll hang themselves with it..." :D
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Question for the group then, if I switch to an Altus 'entitled heiress' would that annoy anyone or would the fun roleplaying challenge outweigh that?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

it'd be amusing seeing a stuck up brat of girl try to handle the fact she's traveling in a group full of criminals and outcasts, only one even being human. :D
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:53 pm it'd be amusing seeing a stuck up brat of girl try to handle the fact she's traveling in a group full of criminals and outcasts, only one even being human. :D
Having "Paris Hilton:Tevinter Altus Mage" might be fun for Roleplaying,especially if she agreed to teach Nevin..... :lol:
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 pm Question for the group then, if I switch to an Altus 'entitled heiress' would that annoy anyone or would the fun roleplaying challenge outweigh that?
Ash won't get annoyed although he is getting used to the idea that mages are allowed to run around free with their tongues still intact and their mouths and eyes haven't been sewn tightly shut. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ash won't get annoyed although he is getting used to the idea that mages are allowed to run around free with their tongues still intact and their mouths and eyes haven't been sewn tightly shut. :)
*Glances at Templar* well... One definition of free...
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You know, I wonder now... There have been a multitude of humans and even elves who have become circle mages, and we all know Dwarves can't use magic the same way. Yet what about Vashoth? Tal-vashoth are the ones who left willingly, though there are obviously some who were born outside of the Quanari lands. If one were to develop magical talent, would they have need admited taken by the circle?

Edit: Fixed my awful spelling. I blame my cracked phone screen and auto-correct not understanding Dragon Age names.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 pm You know, I wonder now... There have been a multitude of humans and even elves who have become circle mages, and we all know Dwarves can't use magic the same way. Yet what about Vashoth? Tal-Has both ate the obes who left willingly, though there are obviously some who were born outside of the Quantari lands. If one were to develop magical talent, would they have need admited taken by the circle?
It's a possibility,as the DA lore never states.Though,given how the modern Circle Mages are treated,it would have to have been before the Chantry was formed,as we all saw what happened in DA 2....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I admittedly never managed to finish DA 2, nor did I play Inquisition... >>;

But I gather that there was some form of mage rebellion going on?
------------