DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

Post by Flynnarrel »

In general for area damage spells, does DA roll for individual targets (as Doc did) or once and applies the same to all targets in area?
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:40 pm In general for area damage spells, does DA roll for individual targets (as Doc did) or once and applies the same to all targets in area?
Depending on the Spell description.If it's an 'Area Effect' like what he&Serina are using,then only one Roll set's required.The DAMAGE is rolled individually...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

+1 to hit prone opponents, I think, so there's that. With opportunity to Backstab (melee attacks only) for the rogues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Finally found that Map for the House,though i had to copy the whole page down.But at least it worked!...:D
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ash probably had sword drawn already, otherwise it'd take a minor action to draw it, a minor action to advance, then a major to attack and we only get 1 minor and 1 major per round.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:55 pm Ash probably had sword drawn already, otherwise it'd take a minor action to draw it, a minor action to advance, then a major to attack and we only get 1 minor and 1 major per round.
I assumed he drew it when he entered the House,like any intelligent Combatant does in a confined space.Due to the size of the house,Serina and Nevin won't be able to cast anymore Area effect's without getting Ash or Veth in the hit,however...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

S'all good. Nev will probably wsnt to save that last sliver of magic for healing anyhow.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:00 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:55 pm Ash probably had sword drawn already, otherwise it'd take a minor action to draw it, a minor action to advance, then a major to attack and we only get 1 minor and 1 major per round.
I assumed he drew it when he entered the House,like any intelligent Combatant does in a confined space.Due to the size of the house,Serina and Nevin won't be able to cast anymore Area effect's without getting Ash or Veth in the hit,however...
Serina will certainly... take that into consideration.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Isn't there a swap or switch stunt where players in the rear can switch to the front in order to make attacks and vice versa or is that covered by the Skirmish stunt?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Shadowmask wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:22 pm Isn't there a swap or switch stunt where players in the rear can switch to the front in order to make attacks and vice versa or is that covered by the Skirmish stunt?
It's covered by both the Skirmish stunt(for allies&enemies) and a more Combat-oriented version is in the Two-Handed Weapon Style...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

We're waiting on.. our sailor?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 am We're waiting on.. our sailor?
Yep,we're waiting on Corrigon now.Soon as he does his suprise action,we'll get into the Initiative order.....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You know,you guy's are MUCH better at this so far than my RL group was.The party Circle Mage(specialty in Entropy) keept rolling magical mishaps every time he faced the rank&file Cultist's....He even accidentally set the House on fire (which is where i got the idea to mess with Doc with it :P)!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

See, that is why REAL mages think the circle is a bunch sell outs that don't actually 'get' what magic is. I suppose really though we've just been having a bit of beginer's luck as it is, those mishaps will come in time, rest assuredly.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

We'll need the higher level spells that can actually have mishaps first.