DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Batgirl III

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:46 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:22 pm
You suprised me,as i had NO idea knew the system that well....
I was a beta tester for the first edition. ;)
Really?What was the original beta like and is Sigge your original character for it?...
Not much different than the final product, really. If you remember the original “boxed set” of the game, that was more or less exactly what we got in the testing stage. Fewer Backgrounds to chose from and character advancement only went up to level three (or was it five? Been a long while.)

Sigge is a new character, although obviously inspired by the Dwarven Noble Origin from the video game with the slightly more soap-opera twist of the jealous sister being the source of the problems.

I’ve always liked dwarves, in general, and DA’s dwarves are an especially fun take on the classic Tolkien-y dwarven culture. The Byzantine politicking between (and within) the Houses just gives them something more to be about than just digging holes and hating goblins.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:55 pm I'm curious, what time period are we actually playing in?

Also, the devil face makes you come across as angry when I'm sure youre trying to seem just evil. ;)
I've decided to set this 3-4 months before the Battle of Ostagar in Dragon Age:Origins,so just before the Fifth Blight OFFICIALLY started when King Cailen started gathering his troops,but before he officially left the Fereldan Capital.Does that help?

Iknow,so i'm gonna try for just typing menacing laughter for now on....MUHAHAHA!

how'd that work?
Perfect. :D

Also, yay! Duncan is still around, love that guy. Wonder who the Grey Warden who ends up saving Ferelden will be...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:55 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:55 pm I'm curious, what time period are we actually playing in?

Also, the devil face makes you come across as angry when I'm sure youre trying to seem just evil. ;)
I've decided to set this 3-4 months before the Battle of Ostagar in Dragon Age:Origins,so just before the Fifth Blight OFFICIALLY started when King Cailen started gathering his troops,but before he officially left the Fereldan Capital.Does that help?

Iknow,so i'm gonna try for just typing menacing laughter for now on....MUHAHAHA!

how'd that work?
Perfect. :D

Also, yay! Duncan is still around, love that guy. Wonder who the Grey Warden who ends up saving Ferelden will be...
Who knows?Depending on group action(and how much the CHARACTERS find out),it could be completely changed....MUHAHAHA!

As for Duncan,i perfered the Warden Stroud in DA2.He didn't come off as Fereldan when he was supposedly Orlesian. :roll:
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Just stop the evil laughs please
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:22 pm Just stop the evil laughs please
Ok,i wasn't trying to offend....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

What, are you... scared? ;)
------------
Camus

Post by Camus »

You are always scared when playing Dragon Age :shock:
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:26 pm
You need to start getting my jokes. I mean it is also funny for me when you don't get them, but if you do it is also funny for you xd
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I know I was one of those who showed an interest on the other thread, but I'll soon be in three different games. If I entered this one, that would be four....yikes. I'm afraid I'll have to pass on submitting a character. No loss though as I can see lots of excellent submissions so far. Have fun everyone!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Supernaturalist wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:53 pm I know I was one of those who showed an interest on the other thread, but I'll soon be in three different games. If I entered this one, that would be four....yikes. I'm afraid I'll have to pass on submitting a character. No loss though as I can see lots of excellent submissions so far. Have fun everyone!
Sorry to see you bowing out Supernaturalist,but i understand about "game overload",no worries....:)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:31 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:26 pm
You need to start getting my jokes. I mean it is also funny for me when you don't get them, but if you do it is also funny for you xd
I'm bound to get one eventually.... :lol:
Camus

Post by Camus »

Rough Concept: .
Velth was one of those kids that never take no for an answer. A servant of a high noble woman just as his mother (his father was actually the husband of this noble woman who died in the war, not before siring Velth) he was set to spend his life in servitude. But he wouldn't. He was made for something more, so said his mother. They tried to get released from service but the vile noble woman knew about her husband affairs, and forced even more labour upon them. Eventually Velth's mother feel ill and died, which greatly changed the young lad. He turned dark and taciturn, barely speaking. His body developed and soon the noble woman found him greatly appealing. Using that in his advantage he murdered the woman and escaped his captivity.
Life is tough when you are a criminal, so V did what anyone would, placed a mask in his face to conceal his features, and sought work as a mercenary. He made a few Silvers guarding Caravans and taking night shifts. One night a band of thieves tried to steal some important cargo and attached Velth and the other guards. Outnumbered, most of his companions were slain or fled, leaving him as the only guard standing. Overcoming the odds, he defeated the rogues, and was praised by the merchant and the public. All he said was "If you want the share of the other guards you have to do their job." He left his mask on refusing to take it off for fear of being recognised so from then on he was known as Steel Mask.

Name: Velth "Steel mask" Vaughn,
Archetype: Orlesian commoner
Class: warrior

Communication: -1
Constitution: 3
Cunning: 0
Dexterity: 3
Magic: -1
Perception: 1
Strength: 3
Willpower: 1

Orlesian Traits: +1 Dex; Focus: Dexterity (brawling); +1 con

Primary Abilities: strength, dexterity, and constitution
Weapon Groups: Bows, Brawling, Heavy Blades, Spears
Class Powers: Archery style, weapon and shields style, armour training
Starting Health: 30+3+1: 34
Speed: 10+3-2: 11
Defense: 10+3+2(shield): 15
Armour rating: 5
Equipment: A backpack, traveler’s garb, and a waterskin; Heavy Leather Armor, bastard sword, medium shield, long spear, bow, quiver with 20 arrows.
Starting SP: 50+16: 66 Silver Pieces
Purchases: light mail armour (50sp), torch (10cp), bedroll (10sp), cup (10cp), flint and steel (10cp), rope ((2sp), plate (7cp).
Left over money 3sp 63 cp

心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD(Ends on July 28th)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Seems like we're overall, a roaming band of outcasts. I could get behind that.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 am Rough Concept: .
Velth was one of those kids that never take no for an answer. A servant of a high noble woman just as his mother (his father was actually the husband of this noble woman who died in the war, not before siring Velth) he was set to spend his life in servitude. But he wouldn't. He was made for something more, so said his mother. They tried to get released from service but the vile noble woman knew about her husband affairs, and forced even more labour upon them. Eventually Velth's mother feel ill and died, which greatly changed the young lad. He turned dark and taciturn, barely speaking. His body developed and soon the noble woman found him greatly appealing. Using that in his advantage he murdered the woman and escaped his captivity.
Life is tough when you are a criminal, so V did what anyone would, placed a mask in his face to conceal his features, and sought work as a mercenary. He made a few Silvers guarding Caravans and taking night shifts. One night a band of thieves tried to steal some important cargo and attached Velth and the other guards. Outnumbered, most of his companions were slain or fled, leaving him as the only guard standing. Overcoming the odds, he defeated the rogues, and was praised by the merchant and the public. All he said was "If you want the share of the other guards you have to do their job." He left his mask on refusing to take it off for fear of being recognised so from then on he was known as Steel Mask.

Name: Velth "Steel mask" Vaughn,
Archetype: Orlesian commoner
Class: warrior

Communication: -1
Constitution: 3
Cunning: 0
Dexterity: 3
Magic: -1
Perception: 1
Strength: 3
Willpower: 1

Orlesian Traits: +1 Dex; Focus: Dexterity (brawling); +1 con

Primary Abilities: strength, dexterity, and constitution
Weapon Groups: Bows, Brawling, Heavy Blades, Spears
Class Powers: Archery style, weapon and shields style, armour training
Starting Health: 30+3+1: 34
Speed: 10+3-2: 11
Defense: 10+3+2(shield): 15
Armour rating: 5
Equipment: A backpack, traveler’s garb, and a waterskin; Heavy Leather Armor, bastard sword, medium shield, long spear, bow, quiver with 20 arrows.
Starting SP: 50+16: 66 Silver Pieces
Purchases: light mail armour (50sp), torch (10cp), bedroll (10sp), cup (10cp), flint and steel (10cp), rope ((2sp), plate (7cp).
Left over money 3sp 63 cp

Nice Warrior build Camus! I like the fact that,unlike Nevin's kill(which could be argued as Accidental if he wasn't a "Dirty knife-ears" :P),your's was DELIBERATE MURDER! Did you take anything from the House before you left?Your "Father's" Shield maybe...? MUHAHAHA!
MacynSnow

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB RECRUITMENT THREAD(Ends on July 28th)

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:01 am Seems like we're overall, a roaming band of outcasts. I could get behind that.
It's actually rather neat.We have....
-A Disgraced Dwarven Noblewoman
-A Runaway Qunari Archer
-An Escaped Elven Slave and Apostate Mage possibly wanted for Murder in Tevinter
-An Angry "Bastard Child" of Orlesian Nobility who Murdered his "Step-Mother"

The common thread here is that they were all somehow betrayed in someway.Either by Family(Sigge's Sister Besiget), their Belief System (The Qun in Ash's case), Their Body(Nevin's Burdgeoning Magical Ability), or their Station in life(Velth's status as a Bastard Child of Nobility).
This has a Noir Story written all over it now....MUHAHAHA!