Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville
Posts: 9575
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:46 pm

URGH. Fine.

PS I asked about Regeneration at Ronin Army, and so far it's unanimous that the Bruised and Staggered stuff is resolved separately: https://roninarmy.com/threads/7829-Rege ... -Questions

Greycrusader told me that there's no official rule on Regen, but their houserule was that it took place on the end of the round.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Yeah, like i said earlier, in the logistics of a round, all the action is taking place in the same 6 seconds. It doesn't seem that way due to the turn based nature of play, but that is how it essentially works out. So it doesn't matter when exactly, just that you be consistent.

The bit about when the minute starts and ends is just a simple justification for having things like that proc on your own turn. What is important is that everyone is doing it the same. I am used to it happening on my turn because I have not personally ever seen anyone do anything else. It never even really occurred to me to have things like that resolve for all characters at the same point in the round.

I will point out again, doing regeneration at the top or bottom of the round (because there is no actual difference between the two mechanically) is more advantageous for people lower on initiative more consistently.

If you take damage from someone at the very end of initiative, it's gone before it ever affects you. Where as by doing it on your turn, this only happens if you take damage from someone acting right before you.

Basically, So it regen at the top or bottom of the round gives a sizable advantage to people lower on initiative.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2305
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:46 pm
URGH. Fine.

PS I asked about Regeneration at Ronin Army, and so far it's unanimous that the Bruised and Staggered stuff is resolved separately: https://roninarmy.com/threads/7829-Rege ... -Questions

Greycrusader told me that there's no official rule on Regen, but their houserule was that it took place on the end of the round.
by 'resolved separately' you mean the -1's go away, THEN any conditions are, correct?

In a lot of movies and shows we see a regen person hit the ground unconscious, then we see the obvious wounds heal before they wake up.

Would Regen do anything for a Daze or Stun that's the result of an Affliction or just ones gained from Damage?
"Something pithy this way comes."

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Regen does specified conditions resultant from damage. Though I feel an extra to expand that wouldn't be unreasonable.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2305
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:45 pm

EpicEclipse wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Regen does specified conditions resultant from damage. Though I feel an extra to expand that wouldn't be unreasonable.
The same way Restoration deals with Weaken 'conditions'?
"Something pithy this way comes."

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Flynnarrel wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:45 pm
EpicEclipse wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Regen does specified conditions resultant from damage. Though I feel an extra to expand that wouldn't be unreasonable.
The same way Restoration deals with Weaken 'conditions'?
Basically. I mean, it would be up to the GM, but I don't see why it couldn't be added in. The main question would be where it sits. Probably in between penalties and damage conditions, or after both.

RainOnTheSun
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:20 am

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by RainOnTheSun » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Regeneration and Healing are both incredibly strong. I think it's unavoidable if you want to model healing faster than usual in a system where injuries only take 60 seconds to heal in the first place.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by L-Space » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 am

Lasso is still up? Target acquired. :D
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1151
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Arkrite » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Sorry but Javalin just got KO'd before Slyce's turn, Thorp.
Bloody Canadians, I swear! :lol:

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Mustang could always use a temporary tag partner for the Shatter Machine thorp.I know you've seen it,as you too are a wrestling fan.... :D

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:24 pm
Mustang could always use a temporary tag partner for the Shatter Machine thorp.I know you've seen it,as you too are a wrestling fan.... :D
It's not whether he's seen it, but whether Slyce has seen it and has the physical fundamentals to pull it off. :lol:

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:58 am

EpicEclipse wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 pm
MacynSnow wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:24 pm
Mustang could always use a temporary tag partner for the Shatter Machine thorp.I know you've seen it,as you too are a wrestling fan.... :D
It's not whether he's seen it, but whether Slyce has seen it and has the physical fundamentals to pull it off. :lol:
All it is is a combination of a Flapjack(tossing the guy up&over your shoulder using the leg) and Codebreaker(double-knees to the jaw).Slyce could knows what a Codebreaker is right? ;)

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Fail by 11 = 3 degrees, isn't it?

Jabroniville
Posts: 9575
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:54 pm

EpicEclipse wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:12 pm
Fail by 11 = 3 degrees, isn't it?
For an Affliction, I thought it was DC -15 that was 3 degrees. That's why it's often decried as less good than combat. That's what the chart in the main rulebook indicates, unless I've misread it.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2305
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Fail = 1 degree
Fail by 5-9 =2
Fail by 10+ = 3

I thought.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Post Reply