Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:14 am Two staggered conditions together add up to make Sai unconscious, right?
Oh, I forgot to write down that he was Staggered before- my mistake. Yeah, he's out then.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:26 am, edited 10 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Is it mean that I'm actually enjoying the "Mass Combat" going on, because it forces everyone to only post once every couple of days, making it much easier to follow everything :)? Seriously, I'm like "AHAHAHAHAHAH nobody can post anything until I come home tonight!"

It definitely helps out those of us who are busy in the daytime, lol.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Was it against a Dirty Heathen? If not,then that was probably the reason....;)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I believe the guy gets a resist against the attempt to move him. Can't check right now.

That aside, I think that maneuver is going to chaffe at K'lara's Honor complication. These guys aren't a big threat spread out as they are and their morale is starting to crumble. I mean, she was facing down three of them until Flail stumbled off.

Doubleteaming one of them between two of the powerhouse types is going to seem excessive to her with her face mentality.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

In 2E, if one or the other were strong enough to move without hindrance from the weight of the other Movement had no check involved. They don't mention it in 3E.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

You can drag a restrained or bound target along with you
when you move. The target gets a Strength resistance
check against your Strength. If it fails, you move and the
target moves along with you. If the target resists, you are
immobilized that turn unless you release your hold on the
target.
It's under Grab. Not that I think these guys can seriously resist a DC 20 strength check, but a natural 20 could happen.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:26 pm I believe the guy gets a resist against the attempt to move him. Can't check right now.

That aside, I think that maneuver is going to chaffe at K'lara's Honor complication. These guys aren't a big threat spread out as they are and their morale is starting to crumble. I mean, she was facing down three of them until Flail stumbled off.

Doubleteaming one of them between two of the powerhouse types is going to seem excessive to her with her face mentality.

Nah not at all remember even the good guy tag teams have their team maneuvers :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeah, but those are generally relatively even matchups! :D

If we were fighting a more substantial threat, Galactica would be totally down for some team up maneuvers.

The problem isn't the idea of teaming up for a tag attack, it's doing it against what she sees as a very weak opponent. A weak and staggered opponent no less.

In any case, I'll post up for K'lara in a bit. A little busy with moving stuff right now.

Edit: While posting, I realized she wouldn't necessarily know the Earth names for certain techniques. Without prior understanding of what move Mustang is suggesting, she wouldn't know what he expects her to do if she were willing to go along with it against such a weakened foe.

In other words, K'lara and Mustang are going to need to get in some gym time to work on their tag team maneuvers and fill K'lara in on the Earth names for wrestling techniques. I mean, if he were to show her footage of the move, she would probably recognize it under a different alien name, or at least something similar to it
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ok,so i know what Mustang is now doing during his downtime. :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:58 pm Ok,so i know what Mustang is now doing during his downtime. :D
K'lara would be down for that for sure. It would be something familiar to her in fact. Comfortable in a way.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I have been rolling really good defensively but just awful for offense. I really should try using her other combat techniques... feint and trip for example.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jab, I think you forgot that Mustang grabbed Sword and leapt across the room towards Galactica.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ken, that's not quite how regeneration works.
Page 175 wrote:You recover quickly from damage. Remove penalties to
your Toughness checks due to damage equal to your
Regeneration rank each minute. You then recover other
damage conditions equal to your Regeneration rank
each minute, starting from your most severe condition.
So his regen would knock off a -1 on his turn, not the end of the round. And the dazed would drop off on the end of his next turn after receiving it.