Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 23rd

Post by Jabroniville »

Skaramine wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 am Firefist
FIREFIST: Not bad- I like the somewhat "basic", but still versatile, power-set. What's the character's origin/story?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:22 am Somewhere we got in to why the players might have to leave game, not characters.
Yeah, I noticed that. I was trying to gave in-universe reasons for people leaving, since I'm sure that happens in almost every game.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)

Post by Jabroniville »

Supernaturalist wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:34 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:46 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:19 amRosa
SEMILLA: You can take "Knows Two Languages" for free- that's how I usually do it :). I'm digging the varied powers, and how some stuff comes from a Device. I'm kind of impressed you got all those powers into a 135-point build. I can see she's low on Skills & Advantages, but as a "Powerful Rookie", that fits.
Jab, I have a question. I took English as my native language and then took Language 3 as an advantage. This would give me 4 additional languages. Are you saying that all characters get 2 languages for free ( A native language and one extra)? This would give me 6 languages instead of 5. I just want to check with you first.
I usually houserule Languages that you can be bilingual for free. 3 ranks I just assume to be "you know any language on Earth you need to for the story".

I normally didn't want to put houserules into here, but in this case, I felt like giving people extra points for stuff like that, since it's rather common.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

3 ranks I just assume to be "you know any language on Earth you need to for the story".
This is fair, since for those same 3 PP you can buy:

Comprehend Languages 6 (Speak One at a Time, Understand All, Read All; Flaw: Limited to Broad Type [Human]) [ 3 PP ]
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Loki wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:48 am "K-OS"
K-OS: I like the idea. A dying guy in a suit of armor is very "Silver Age Iron Man".
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:12 am
Supernaturalist wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:34 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:46 am
SEMILLA: You can take "Knows Two Languages" for free- that's how I usually do it :). I'm digging the varied powers, and how some stuff comes from a Device. I'm kind of impressed you got all those powers into a 135-point build. I can see she's low on Skills & Advantages, but as a "Powerful Rookie", that fits.
Jab, I have a question. I took English as my native language and then took Language 3 as an advantage. This would give me 4 additional languages. Are you saying that all characters get 2 languages for free ( A native language and one extra)? This would give me 6 languages instead of 5. I just want to check with you first.
I usually houserule Languages that you can be bilingual for free. 3 ranks I just assume to be "you know any language on Earth you need to for the story".

I normally didn't want to put houserules into here, but in this case, I felt like giving people extra points for stuff like that, since it's rather common.
Ok, I just want to make sure I'm getting this right because the 3e Hero's Handbook says the following:

"...with one rank in this advantage, you know an additional language. For each rank you double your additional languages: two at rank 2, four at rank 3, eight at rank 4, etc." (pg.86)

If what Batgirl III says is correct (that I get four extra languages at rank 2), then I can drop to languages 2 and pick up 1 pp. This would be in addition to the two freebies from your house rules. For a total of 6 languages.

With the extra point, I could pick up an extra advantage or some extra skill points.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

The regeneration power on the K-OS suit doesn't make sense to me. Is it the suit regenerating after damage or the person inside?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Supernaturalist wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:33 am Ok, I just want to make sure I'm getting this right because the 3e Hero's Handbook says the following:

"...with one rank in this advantage, you know an additional language. For each rank you double your additional languages: two at rank 2, four at rank 3, eight at rank 4, etc." (pg.86)

If what Batgirl III says is correct (that I get four extra languages at rank 2), then I can drop to languages 2 and pick up 1 pp. This would be in addition to the two freebies from your house rules. For a total of 6 languages.

With the extra point, I could pick up an extra advantage or some extra skill points.
Normally you start with 1 language, in Jab's game here, you get to start bilingual (Notably, both of Galactica's languages are not Earth-spoken :P)

With one rank of Languages, you get one additional language (Total 3 languages now), and with rank 2 you get a total of two additional languages (Total 4)

Rank 3 has been determined to be "Whatever language you need" since the cost equates to Comprehend 3 with limited to humans.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:03 amComprehend Languages 6 (Speak One at a Time, Understand All, Read All; Flaw: Limited to Broad Type [Human]) [ 3 PP ]
:shock:

This is where not being very familiar with 3E cripples me. I see all these characters with wide, variable power sets and then Batgirl III just does this, and my character's Comprehend looks so simple in comparison.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

CaptainChaos wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 am The regeneration power on the K-OS suit doesn't make sense to me. Is it the suit regenerating after damage or the person inside?
The suit is using various bit&pieces of stuff around it to repair itself(kinda what N.M-E did in the Ultraverse).At least,that's how it reads to me.....
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Yojimbo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:45 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:03 amComprehend Languages 6 (Speak One at a Time, Understand All, Read All; Flaw: Limited to Broad Type [Human]) [ 3 PP ]
:shock:

This is where not being very familiar with 3E cripples me. I see all these characters with wide, variable power sets and then Batgirl III just does this, and my character's Comprehend looks so simple in comparison.
I am newer myself, so I can sympathize with you.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Feel free to ask questions about how and why I build things over in my Character Sheets threads. I love to yammer on about it.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:07 am
Supernaturalist wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:33 am Ok, I just want to make sure I'm getting this right because the 3e Hero's Handbook says the following:

Normally you start with 1 language, in Jab's game here, you get to start bilingual (Notably, both of Galactica's languages are not Earth-spoken :P)

With one rank of Languages, you get one additional language (Total 3 languages now), and with rank 2 you get a total of two additional languages (Total 4)

Rank 3 has been determined to be "Whatever language you need" since the cost equates to Comprehend 3 with limited to humans.
Ok, so I'll drop to language 2 and just keep the four languages that I listed after the advantage. That'll free up a point that I'll use to boost a skill...probably investigation (since that's my niche).
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:07 am
Skaramine wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 am Firefist
FIREFIST: Not bad- I like the somewhat "basic", but still versatile, power-set. What's the character's origin/story?
I'm working on that today. I was looking way back, but nothing is in any of my files or anything. I'll get it up in a few.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 am Here is the build for my submission. Comments and suggestions are welcome. The background and picture will likely be added tomorrow or Monday.

Phoebe Kruger aka Thermal - PL 10

Powers:
Combustion: Feature 1 (heat; Affects Objects Only, able to ignite flammable objects)
Detect Heat: Senses 1 (Infravision)
Immunity: Immunity 11 (Common Descriptor: Fire, Environmental Condition: Heat)
Quick Change: Feature 1
Superheated Breath: Cone Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged)
AE: Blistering Touch: Cumulative Affliction 8 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Cumulative)
AE: Melting Touch: Progressive Weaken 8 (Alternate; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Affects Objects Only, Progressive)
AE: Restricted Heated Breath: Line Area Damage 8 (Alternate; DC 23; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged)
AE: Superheated Burst: Burst Area Damage 8 (Alternate; DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged)
AE: Vaporize Water: Transform 8 (Alternate; heat, Affects: 1 Thing > 1 Thing - water to steam, Transforms: 800 lbs., DC 18; Increased Mass 2)
Thermal Flying: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
I don't think you mean to apply Ranged to your Heated Breath settings in your array, CC. Ranged means you can put the origin of your effect at some point at range. Those effects seem to originate at you. Your Burst, likewise I do not know if you intended Phoebe to be the starting point or not. As it is it's more akin to a fireball spell. A replacement Extra (that I've used for fire/heat effects) might be Secondary Effect - The heat continues to combust the next round for those that were affected by the original effect.
"Something pithy this way comes."