Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 23rd

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 pm “Oh! You mean the head! Yeah, sure, through that hatch aft and hard larboard.”
Okay,"larboard" was a new word for me, but the rest made perfect sense. And, as far "larboard" goes... great, a new word for my personal lexicon. :geek:
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:07 am
Shadowmask wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:48 pm I miss the bar fight already. :cry:
So did Rosa, she was studying for a test. ;)
James drank a couple, but mostly tried to stay out of the way of the "Floor Show". :D
Supernaturalist

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 19th

Post by Supernaturalist »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:02 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:59 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 pm

So how far/behind is he compared to Southeastern Kentucky?
If you're west of Wayne County you're in the same time zone as me. If you're in Wayne County or points east, you're an hour ahead of me, and two hours ahead of Jab.
Harlan County for me(just before you hit the straight line seperating Kentucky and Tennessee on a map ).
I was born and raised in northeast Tennessee (Sullivan County). Right across the state line is Scott County, Virginia. If you head NW you'd hit Kentucky or due north you'd hit West Va.

Now I live just outside of Atlanta, GA.
Thorpocalypse

Slyce

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Still working on tightening a few things up but I figured I would get something in and clean it up later. So...

*catchphrase coming*

SLYCE
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 2
Height: 6-2
Weight: 220
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Brown
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mega City
Team Affiliations: The Victory League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 7 (+11), Deception (+1), Expertise [Football] 5 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+5), Insight (+4), Intimidation 10 (+11) [Startle], Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 10 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 5 (1/every 2 rounds, Extra: Regrowth); 10 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision, Low-Light Vision); 4 pts
Enhanced Physiology: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold); 4 pts
Slycers: Multiattack Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Split); 13 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +4; Slycers 7, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Ego: Xavion is always used to being very good at being the toughest dude in the room and sometimes this causes him to get into scraps that are avoidable.
Enemy: The sinister group that made him into what he is.
Guilt: Xavion has done some bad things that he'd like to forget.
I loves me some me!: Slyce has a lot of bravado and has the ultimate confidence in his abilities.
Motivation: Slyce wants to make up for the bad things he's done and set a good example for his kids.
Relationships: He and his ex-wife Shawnda have a complicated relationship. He is close to his mom, Marie and his father, Julius. He dearly loves his kids, Janita and Julius II.
Vulnerable: The people that transformed Xavion into the living weapon that he is encoded a number of trigger phrases that allowed them to control him. With the help of Doctor Mercury, he has overcome some of them, but not all.

Abilities 56 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 30 + Defenses 15 = 136 / 136

My story?

You all know this story by now, right? As my they say in that Disney movie my daughter loves, it’s a ”tale as old as time”.

A boy is born to loving parents in the heartland of America. They worked their asses off to give him a good life. They succeeded. Boy is the apple of mom’s eye. Dad gives the boy semi-tough love and he grows up to be a big and strong. Could have been smart, too, but he didn’t give a shit about school, despite his parents’ best efforts

The boy loved football. He grew up to be a star running back in high school. Got scholarship to major college. Meets love of his life. Boy gets injured playing football. Loses his way. Does something stupid, gets kicked off team and out of school. Girl stands by him. Marries him despite his aimlessness. They have a baby girl.

Boy becomes man and gets off his ass to take care of his family. Man works bad job he hates to support family. They have second child, a boy. Man loves family, hates everything else about his life.

Man finally loses it at job, gets fired. Looks for new job but can’t find anything. Wife picks up second job. Man feels like he’s hit rock bottom. Man gets approached by secret agency for job to set family up for life. Man accepts.

Man gets double crossed by agency. He gets genetically enhanced and turned into a living weapon. Becomes their most dangerous creation. Man does horrible things under their control. He doesn’t want to but he can’t control himself. Man remembers every awful thing he does but hides things from family for months. Man then realizes he has to leave family to protect them. Man is devastated and lost. Continues to do horrible things for years.

Man eventually gets into fight with superhero. Superhero helps him break agency control. He turns on agency and helps superhero take it down. In gratitude, superhero lets man escape before authorities arrive. Man is finally free but is ashamed of what he’s done. Man finds family but is afraid to contact them. Keeps low profile until he has to protect family from rogue operative of defunct agency. Children welcome him back. Wife does not.

Superhero gets man in contact with people to help him start new life. Encourages man to use abilities for good to make up for wrongs he’s done. Man reaches out to billionaire to join superhero team.

You know. That old chestnut.

Now I guess we’ll find out if there’s a happily ever after.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Shock

Post by Shock »

I am stunned nobody has pitched an Amazonian MILF yet. I thought that would be a shoo in for getting selected :lol:
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

I thought "catchphrase coming" is a unique quote as Slyce charges at his foes with his claws. Just saying. :)
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Shock wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:29 am I am stunned nobody has pitched an Amazonian MILF yet. I thought that would be a shoo in for getting selected :lol:
That would be Batgirl's Mako character.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Dr. Mercury and Galactica are pretty beefcakey, too. No MILFs, though.
Shadowmask wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 am I thought "catchphrase coming" is a unique quote as Slyce charges at his foes with his claws. Just saying. :)
"CATCHPHRASE COMING!"

"What? What does that even OH GOD MY PANCREAS!"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:56 pm So, two timeline questions- one IC, one OOC...

1. How long ago was the event that created Mega-Woman? 5 years, 15, more/less?

2. Are you really cutting off recruitment this early? I have a few ideas and I would hate to miss out, but I can't put anything up right now...
I'm kinda thinking 5-8 years. Enough time for reputations and cliches to develop, but not a huge amount of time.

I can keep recruiting going, but I feel bad having to pick and choose. I don't think I can run TWO games, andand 16+ characters is pushing it!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:36 am Dr. Mercury and Galactica are pretty beefcakey, too. No MILFs, though.
Shadowmask wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 am I thought "catchphrase coming" is a unique quote as Slyce charges at his foes with his claws. Just saying. :)
"CATCHPHRASE COMING!"

LOL. And I really did.

I was trying to get him posted and every catchphrase I came up with so far just didn't...cut it... :roll:

See?!?!? Nothing but bad cutting puns. I'll sleep on it and see if I can't come up with something decent.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:09 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:36 am Dr. Mercury and Galactica are pretty beefcakey, too. No MILFs, though.
"CATCHPHRASE COMING!"

LOL. And I really did.

I was trying to get him posted and every catchphrase I came up with so far just didn't...cut it... :roll:

See?!?!? Nothing but bad cutting puns. I'll sleep on it and see if I can't come up with something decent.
When I looked at the photo you posted, I couldn't help but think of Mr. T in Rocky III. When the reporter asks Clubber Lang, "What's your prediction for the fight?" Lang looks into the camera menacingly, pauses, and then responds, "Pain"
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:38 am
pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:56 pm So, two timeline questions- one IC, one OOC...

1. How long ago was the event that created Mega-Woman? 5 years, 15, more/less?

2. Are you really cutting off recruitment this early? I have a few ideas and I would hate to miss out, but I can't put anything up right now...
I'm kinda thinking 5-8 years. Enough time for reputations and cliches to develop, but not a huge amount of time.

I can keep recruiting going, but I feel bad having to pick and choose. I don't think I can run TWO games, andand 16+ characters is pushing it!
Just think Jab, if we can get 10 more we can have our own Legion of Super Heroes! ;)

If you gotta cut, we're all big boys and girls, it's cool. Even though I'd really like to play, wouldn't be the first and won't be last game a character of mine doesn't get picked for.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:03 pm
Arkrite wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:05 pm Criminy... there goes the weekend to work on things.
LOL- sorry. Didn't realize there were others still mulling. Sorry guys! I extended to deadline just past the weekend- I only moved it up because I thought people were mostly done and everyone was posting a lot in here already!
In my defense I was working on an idea last weekend... I was finally forced to realize it was never going to fly.
My own elevator pitch made it sound entirely too much like things you actively asked to not get as suggestions ;~)

Trying to do a little back researched and put something together between house hunting.
And extreme warmth. I'm not built for the heat.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Working on a power armour concept as we speak.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Loki wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:29 am Working on a power armour concept as we speak.

Yah,either an Iron Man or War Machine Expy!