Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 26th

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 pm Actually giving a quick skim through all the submissions, Dr. Mercury might have the best results, since she’s immune to poisons... :o
"Do I miss alcohol? Not at all, darling. If I ever want to impair my mental faculties again for some reason, all I have to do is find a solid piece of concrete and bash my head against it."

(Doctor Mercury tried socializing at bars a few times. It went poorly.)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 pm "Do I miss alcohol? Not at all, darling. If I ever want to impair my mental faculties again for some reason, all I have to do is find a solid piece of concrete and bash my head against it."
“Cool story, bro.” Mako finishes her seventh tinnie, “But a deal’s a deal, right? You said:” (Mako adopts a high-pitched falsetto and Received Pronunciation accent that sounds nothing like Dr. Mercury) “‘Don’t do it Mako! The amount of electricity in those capacitors will damage even your beautiful indestructible skin!’ to which Tachyon said:” (Mako switches to a voice that sounds more like Dolly Parton imitating Foghorn Leghorn) “‘Wanna bet?’” she cracks open another tinnie, “Well, here we are!”

“The electrical feedback discharge sent you flying backwards eighteen meters, you ruptured your left lung, broke your femur, and were unconscious for six hours.”

“Nah yeah. But we stopped the giant robot, ‘din we? So you’re buying the beers, cuz.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:00 pm I decided to place this here for both everybody's Enjoyment and ease of reference...Enjoy! :D
Memo to all HuMayne enterprises Board Members
Subject: Project Victory League

This is just a Head's-up for the Subject of the next Board Meeting.Hubert's REALLY pushing for the green light on this 'Super Project' of his,so we might as well get a jump on who we have so far.Irene could run these names through the focus groups,see what pops up,go from there....
Anyway,this is who's showed up so far.Fred,you might recognize the Fellow named Mustang,as he supposedly worked for us as a temp Bodyguard.

Project Victory League Personnel Roster:
Mustang
Mako
Dr.Mercury
The Silver Witch
Mirror Man
Tachyon(On loan from Prometheus)
Blindspot
Le Petite Hercule(Possible deportation issue)
Semilla
Helix
Theseus(Possible Immigration issues)
Galactica
Thermal
Nightjar
Subject: RE: Project Victory League

Lambert, I have fixed your links. Please review the tutorial for properly attaching asset data files.... again. Also please see the guidelines for organizing datafiles, several of these were out of order.
Mako
Dr.Mercury
The Silver Witch
Mirror Man
Mustang
Blindspot
Semilla
Thermal
Nightjar
Galactica
Helix

(I fixed your ease of reference so the links point to the actual submission post, not just what page it's on. :P)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:00 pm I decided to place this here for both everybody's Enjoyment and ease of reference...Enjoy! :D
Memo to all HuMayne enterprises Board Members
Subject: Project Victory League

This is just a Head's-up for the Subject of the next Board Meeting.Hubert's REALLY pushing for the green light on this 'Super Project' of his,so we might as well get a jump on who we have so far.Irene could run these names through the focus groups,see what pops up,go from there....
Anyway,this is who's showed up so far.Fred,you might recognize the Fellow named Mustang,as he supposedly worked for us as a temp Bodyguard.

Mustang
Mako
Dr.Mercury
The Silver Witch
Mirror Man
Blindspot
Semilla
Helix
Galactica
Thermal
Nightjar
Subject: RE: Project Victory League
Lambert, I have fixed your links. Please review the tutorial for properly attaching asset data files.... again. Also please see the guidelines for organizing datafiles, several of these were out of order.
Mako
Dr.Mercury
The Silver Witch
Mirror Man
Mustang
Blindspot
Semilla
Thermal
Nightjar
Galactica
Helix

(I fixed your ease of reference so the links point to the actual submission post, not just what page it's on. :P)
Thanks,it's hard to link using a PS4 controller.... :oops:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Because of your rule about Languages, it freed up a point on M. Valette. I added All-Out Attack with it. Current write-up

Also lowered his Luck a little and gained Withstand damage.

And if lifting 200 tons is good enough for Mega-Woman, it'll work for M. Valette. I moved the lifting Strength out of the Array, lowering it to 4, and made the array standard rather than dynamic.
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 am Because of your rule about Languages, it freed up a point on M. Valette. I added All-Out Attack with it. Current write-up
*Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare* :shock: Update your original submission poossst. It is the one that I linked because it was the first instance following from the first page going onwards.
:mrgreen:
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm "You humans have the strangest bonding rituals.."

*Later*

""This is the best bonding ritual ever!!"

*Even later*

"I hate every one of you...." *hrp*
From what i can figure out,our "Bar Room Heroes" are:
Mustang, Helix, Galactica and Tachyon

I missed anybody,let me know,as this could be a rather Violent bunch of Drunks...
le Petit Hercule enjoys a good drink. Actually he can enjoy several. He's not as immune to poisons as Dr. Mercury, but he's partially immune to them and has a healthy Fortitude score.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, haha- just remembered that my universe DOES allow for inborn psionics: Sand Tiger

I haven't gone overly into it, but it's some "Shadowy Government" stuff :).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:22 am Oh, haha- just remembered that my universe DOES allow for inborn psionics: Sand Tiger

I haven't gone overly into it, but it's some "Shadowy Government" stuff :).
Before i came up with Mustang,i was thinking of trying to talk you into letting me make a good guy Psychic Secret Agent from the White Room.You know,make 'em more Like the Ambiquious Government Agency that Totally isn't S.H.I.E.L.D...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm "You humans have the strangest bonding rituals.."

*Later*

""This is the best bonding ritual ever!!"

*Even later*

"I hate every one of you...." *hrp*
From what i can figure out,our "Bar Room Heroes" are:

I missed anybody,let me know,as this could be a rather Violent bunch of Drunks...
le Petit Hercule enjoys a good drink. Actually he can enjoy several. He's not as immune to poisons as Dr. Mercury, but he's partially immune to them and has a healthy Fortitude score.
I’m only violent when I’m sober.
Ken

Post by Ken »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:14 am
Ken wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 am Because of your rule about Languages, it freed up a point on M. Valette. I added All-Out Attack with it. Current write-up
*Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare* :shock: Update your original submission poossst. It is the one that I linked because it was the first instance following from the first page going onwards.
:mrgreen:
1) I can't help it if you linked to the wrong one.
2) There's a link in the first one pointing to the current one.
3) You forgot to say 's'il vous plait'.

Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"YEEEE HAWWW!!!!!" whooped Tachy as she ran around the dance floor, dodging beer bottles and chrome stools that were being thrown her way as well as fists. "Ya can't touch this!" She zoomed past some of the brawlers, her body a blur, and helped herself to the beer taps, draining one mug after another. Four in five seconds She gazed blearily at her companions as she nimbly dodged a charging trucker. She staggered for a moment before running to the other side of the bar .

She yelled at Maaco....Mako: "Hey Lilo! I betcha ya be wishin' yer little blue buddy, Stitch was 'ere ta help ya out!"

Last edited by Shadowmask on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm From what i can figure out,our "Bar Room Heroes" are:

Theseus can't get drunk either. Sometimes being immortal seems like it's not all that fun.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Shadowmask wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 am "YEEEE HAWWW!!!!!" whooped Tachy as she ran around the dance floor, dodging beer bottles and chrome stools that were being thrown her way as well as fists. "Ya can't touch this!" She zoomed past some of the brawlers, her body a blur, and helped herself to the beer taps, draining one mug after another. Four in five seconds She gazed blearily at her companions as she nimbly dodged a charging trucker. She staggered for a moment before running to the other side of the bar .

She yelled at Maaco....Mako: "Hey Lilo! I betcha ya be wishin' yer little blue buddy, Stitch was 'ere ta help ya out!"

Looking over at Tachy after throwing another Trucker over the Bar(this was the last time he let her pick the Bar.How many Trucker's were IN this State anyway?!),Mustang say's to the other's that went with them(besides Mako,there was Hercule,Galactica,Helix and Dr.Mercury)
"Come On,we can't very well let her get beat-up in here....."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

“Leeloo?” Mako tilted her head quizzically, “Wasn’t she the naked ginger that fell into Bruce Willis’ taxi?”

Someone picked up her tinnie as Mustang tossed yet another trucker onto the table. She sigh, pushed his unconscious form onto the floor. She fished a cigar out of her pocket.

“This ‘hunky-tunk’ Tachyon picked out is pretty quiet. I thought it was supposed to be a rough place?”

She looked back at the table. Her beer was gone.

“ALRIGHT! That tears it!” she launched herself into the nearest pile of bodies, fists and elbows flying.