Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by catsi563 »

*trips and stumbles somewhat ungracefully into thread* :oops: :shock:

OOps Hi all been watching and glad to be aboard. ill have something up soon. :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

No hurry, Catsi :).

Oh hey, I wanted to run something by everyone- is it normal for people to repeatedly use Extra Effort to get multiple moves per combat, or get new feats? I noticed Macyn in particular doing this a lot, and I'm wondering if that's something that's frowned upon, or is just a normal thing.

I'll also need to figure out a way to get everyone to split off into groups instead of solo acts, and have it make sense in-character. As I build most threats for the whole group, or smaller groups, people going solo will get hazardous now :). I was gonna have Maynard suggest it, but he's supposed to come off a little too slick or nervous, and not really the forceful "this is how you do it" type.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Looking at the SRD real quick, using extra effort to take an extra action on your turn is all fine and good, or stunting an alternate power off an existing power, but using a new feat requires you to burn a hero point.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:33 am Looking at the SRD real quick, using extra effort to take an extra action on your turn is all fine and good, or stunting an alternate power off an existing power, but using a new feat requires you to burn a hero point.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I was just unsure if GMs should normally try to limit multiple uses of "EE" to get extra attacks on a frequent basis, as I saw here. More of a "House Rule" thing. But if it's considered pretty normal, then I won't do anything about it.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Usually the limiting factor on using Extra Effort is the Fatigue conditions you take for using it.
You can buy it off fatigue with Hero Points, but those can be a little rare, depending on the campaign.

Most players don't normally want to deal with the negatives of Fatigue (Or at least I don't), but sometimes you wind up with somebody who's cool with it, or just has a lot of HP to spend.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I tend to sling a lot of HP so the players in my FTF game use EE for extra actions a lot. But personally, I'm like Arkrite, I don't use it much.
catsi563 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:25 am
"It's a pleasure to meet you all. Please call be Rena when in private. I look forward to working with you all."

Bit wordy but I love a good story ;)

Harry and Xavion both know her and have worked with her before unless either Arkite or Thorp objects then Ill make adjustments as requested.

Ill leave the nature of those missions and interactons if any for future roleplay
I'm all good with that, Catsi. I see them having being sent after the same target more than once and she's gotten the better of him in the majority of their encounters. So there's a rivalry there in addition to some boy-girl stuff tension. If you have another take, I'm open.

Also, I forgot this for a while but as I was looking at my build to spend my PP, I'd wanted Doc Mercury to have been working with Slyce on removing his trigger phrases. I left it blank in the Complication originally as I was waiting to see who made the team but it makes sense for it to be Doc. I can play off the not interacting with her during the last battle because of her camouflage and the hectic nature of things.
Vulnerable: The people that transformed Xavion into the living weapon that he is encoded a number of trigger phrases that allowed them to control him. With the help of XXXXX, he has overcome some of them, but not all.
My other question, Jab, is about the Regrowth advantage. I know you use in your 3E builds, I just want to make sure you're house ruling into this setting. If I need it to get an arm back in case one those sharks bites it off, I'll use my PP for that. If not, I'll go a different direction.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I'm all good with that, Catsi. I see them having being sent after the same target more than once and she's gotten the better of him in the majority of their encounters. So there's a rivalry there in addition to some boy-girl stuff tension. If you have another take, I'm open.
Nope Thorp you got it exactly what I was going for. I even had a blurb id written to Jab where as part of the recruitment she stopped by a local watering hole and ""caught up"" with Xavion just to make sure he was still in the game for Maynards group. She didn't need to test his skills or the like because she knew what he was made of. And I definitely saw some professional rivalry mixed with the occasional tension between two people in that high stress situation. ;)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah Thorp, Regrowth is fine. I thought it was dumb that they left it out of 3e in the first place :).
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I think they basically just figured if you had regen regrowth was a standard part of the package and so included it.

Still I do like the idea of even faster regen when it comes to limbs and such so the regrowth advantage is a good one to have

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm Yeah Thorp, Regrowth is fine. I thought it was dumb that they left it out of 3e in the first place :).
I've seen several threads discussing it. Mostly the consensus seems to be, there are no rules to dictate when a limb gets chopped off so why have a regrowth mechanic? Maiming is a plot device in the comics and since drawbacks for One arm or One eye became complications in 3E there didn't need to be a power feat to cover the eventuality. Essentially it's just Immunity to maiming descriptor, which, since it can't really trigger through Damage, is a very rare power; something like - Limb Stealing: Affliction (Resist/Overcome by Fort, Hindered & Impaired, Immobilized & Disabled, Transformed).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 am Oh hey, I wanted to run something by everyone- is it normal for people to repeatedly use Extra Effort to get multiple moves per combat, or get new feats? I noticed Macyn in particular doing this a lot, and I'm wondering if that's something that's frowned upon, or is just a normal thing.
In my group, the Extra Effort for extra feats happens often enough that we added an "Improvisation" advantage so that the people who are really prone to do it can do it more often (but capped at half PL.)

Extra Actions, almost never happens in my group. In fact, prior to yesterday, I'm not sure if anyone in my group had ever used it in that way. (And, yesterday, the one who used it was me.)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 am Oh hey, I wanted to run something by everyone- is it normal for people to repeatedly use Extra Effort to get multiple moves per combat, or get new feats? I noticed Macyn in particular doing this a lot, and I'm wondering if that's something that's frowned upon, or is just a normal thing.
I'm one of those who usually puts myself into Fatigued or Exhausted in a fight depending on how desperate it is but I've noticed it's not common. Mostly it's a push to get a quick advantage in a fight or a gamble to end a fight more quickly.
"Something pithy this way comes."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:20 pm Also, I forgot this for a while but as I was looking at my build to spend my PP, I'd wanted Doc Mercury to have been working with Slyce on removing his trigger phrases. I left it blank in the Complication originally as I was waiting to see who made the team but it makes sense for it to be Doc. I can play off the not interacting with her during the last battle because of her camouflage and the hectic nature of things.
Vulnerable: The people that transformed Xavion into the living weapon that he is encoded a number of trigger phrases that allowed them to control him. With the help of XXXXX, he has overcome some of them, but not all.
Sure, I'm fine with that. She could have even worked at the agency for a bit before betraying it along with him, if you wanted. There aren't a lot of legitimate employment opportunities for mad doctors on the outs with the greater scientific community.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:19 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:20 pm Also, I forgot this for a while but as I was looking at my build to spend my PP, I'd wanted Doc Mercury to have been working with Slyce on removing his trigger phrases. I left it blank in the Complication originally as I was waiting to see who made the team but it makes sense for it to be Doc. I can play off the not interacting with her during the last battle because of her camouflage and the hectic nature of things.
Sure, I'm fine with that. She could have even worked at the agency for a bit before betraying it along with him, if you wanted. There aren't a lot of legitimate employment opportunities for mad doctors on the outs with the greater scientific community.
Excellent. Maybe she'll get a feature in Slyce's spinoff series. ;)

Slyce is updated.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Added Sawyers response to her initial reply to everyone post figured it fit better there then at the tail end.

Catsi stories