Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Skaramine

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 23rd

Post by Skaramine »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 pm
Skaramine wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:58 pm Throwing my hat into the ring with a PL8 update of my old concept, Josiah, aka Fire Fist. I got some background to write up and drawing to do.

The name Josiah came from the lyrics of They Call the Wind Mariah (the fire, Joe.)

Think Cyclops, except his focus is a burning hot left hand. He's not especially powerful, but he's skilled and experienced. (PL8/150).
Hey,it's an Iron Fist Expy!Yay!
Except, less Kung Fu. It's more like the old ROM the Spaceknight sidekick Torpedo with a "heat setting" and only one vent. Oooh... better name...
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Ken

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 19th

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:02 pm Harlan County for me(just before you hit the straight line seperating Kentucky and Tennessee on a map ).
And right on the Kentucky Virginia state line. Also where the north end of the Cumberland Gap is, I think.

Ooo. Pine Mountain. I remember going there on vacation as a child.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

As someone who grew up at the cusp of Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky (Ashland, KY), you have my sympathies, MacynSnow. Yes, you're on Easter time. Louisville is basically on the line (technically speaking, they're in Central, but the time zone line zags over to put them in Easter because they wanted to be in the same timezone as New York).
MacynSnow

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 19th

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:12 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:02 pm Harlan County for me(just before you hit the straight line seperating Kentucky and Tennessee on a map ).
And right on the Kentucky Virginia state line. Also where the north end of the Cumberland Gap is, I think.

Ooo. Pine Mountain. I remember going there on vacation as a child.
One of the Ugliest Switchback Mountains in the State, Depending on which side of the mountain you visited,you might've seen a rather fat&Dumpy looking guy walking on the side of the road....that was me.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I live on the West Coast (UTC−08), but my “day job” keeps me dealing with people in time zones all across the Pacific. I deal with people in Indonesia (UTC+8), Vietnam (UTC +7), South Korea and Japan (UTC +9) on a regular basis. Plus, every now and again I’ll get sucked into dealing with something in Africa or the Middle East.

My sleep cycle is weird, man.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm I live on the West Coast (UTC−08), but my “day job” keeps me dealing with people in time zones all across the Pacific. I deal with people in Indonesia (UTC+8), Vietnam (UTC +7), South Korea and Japan (UTC +9) on a regular basis. Plus, every now and again I’ll get sucked into dealing with something in Africa or the Middle East.

My sleep cycle is weird, man.
Not as bad as A Marine's is.4 hours of sleep-vs.-24 hour work shift....Have a friend who happens to be an Honorablly Discharged on who still hasn't gotten his sleep cycle back to normal.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I joined the Coast Guard when I was eighteen and got assigned to shipboard service straight out of “A” School. I haven’t had a standard ‘go to bed at night, sleep for eight hours, then wake up in the morning’ schedule ever since.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I am in the central time zone. I spent 4 in The USMC. I still have insomnia, I have to take sleep meds to really get any rest.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Regarding timelines, I generally just find that by the time it's midnight here, most of the people I talk to are already asleep, save for a couple of others. The vast majority of people in North America tend to be 1-2 hours ahead of where I am. It was particularly notable in the first Crinoverse game, as it was a bunch of Easterners who were all awake at the exact same time, and could post all day long.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hawk wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 pm I am in the central time zone. I spent 4 in The USMC. I still have insomnia, I have to take sleep meds to really get any rest.
I spent 8 in Active Army.Been out for 16 years now,yet i Still sleep for only 6 hours and can't go back to sleep after.
It's wierd what seems to stick with you after you leave the Service...
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:00 pm
Hawk wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 pm I am in the central time zone. I spent 4 in The USMC. I still have insomnia, I have to take sleep meds to really get any rest.
I spent 8 in Active Army.Been out for 16 years now,yet i Still sleep for only 6 hours and can't go back to sleep after.
It's wierd what seems to stick with you after you leave the Service...
I know right...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I drive everyone in my family bonkers by using nautical jargon in everyday speech. This was drilled into me in the service and I still work in the maritime industry, so everyone I interact with on a regular basis uses the same jargon. We’re pretty much all retired Navy, retired Coasties, the occasional former Marine, and a lot of us come from multiple generation Merchant Mariner families. Our speech bear only passing similarity to your Human language.

There are have been times when someone has said something perfectly innocuous only to be met by a blank stare from me for a minute as my brain processes Normal English > Sailor Jargon > Blasphemously Foul Profainity > Normal English. “Can you tell me where I can find the [word I don’t understand]?” Awkward silence. “Oh! You mean the head! Yeah, sure, through that hatch aft and hard larboard.” “Whu—?” Awkward silence. “Oh. Fuck. Real people English. Um... Through that door back there and on the left.”

On the other hand, my daughters both absolutely killed it in Brownies when it came time to tie knots.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Two pages of chatter about time zones and sleep schedules. Dude.

I'm PST in Canada and I work 13.5 hour graveyard shifts as a security officer on fire watch. (I also used to work in insurance though, last year before moving to the Okanagan from Vancouver. Just as a desk jockey though, Broker Service Unit)

On the plus side, I can post all night from work. On the negative side, I sleep during the day and there's virtually no spare time between shifts in my work week cycle (Starting friday when i go to bed to tuesday when i wake up). The worst is sunday morning where I have to wait an hour and a half for the first bus to even show up.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

I miss the bar fight already. :cry:
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Shadowmask wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:48 pm I miss the bar fight already. :cry:
So did Rosa, she was studying for a test. ;)
"Something pithy this way comes."