Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 pm Yippee I’m finally getting in! Time to start slycin’ and dycin’ some hillbillies!
You DO know that i'm technically a hillbilly,right?(not Mustang,just me...)... ;)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:44 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 pm Yippee I’m finally getting in! Time to start slycin’ and dycin’ some hillbillies!
You DO know that i'm technically a hillbilly,right?(not Mustang,just me...)... ;)
LOL. I got nothing against hillbillies, my man, I'm a country boy myself. Grew up in hometown of 1500 people, raised chickens, hauled hay in the summer (one summer, it was god awful :shock: ) and I actually helped make moonshine once. And I got that lovely country lesson of finding the carcass of the cow my dad bought (against my mother's wishes, one of their fights that I remember well) that I had to help feed and such after school hanging from the tree in our yard one day. Plus, I know all the lyrics to Hank Williams Jr's A Country Boy Can Survive. 8-)

I will be just as happy to slyce and dyce some furries and ninjas, I just stab who's in front of me at the time. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Note to self, do not stand in front of Thorp's character. ;~)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:56 pmAnd I got that lovely country lesson of finding the carcass of the cow my dad bought (against my mother's wishes, one of their fights that I remember well) that I had to help feed and such after school hanging from the tree in our yard one day.
I thought the phrase was "hung like a horse", not "hung like a cow".

But, seriously, how did someone hang a cow?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:57 pmHa!
I wish.
Sadly Canadian history was kind of glossed over. I remember us going into the industrial revolution and American history, but Canadian history was sparse.
I know someone who insists that "Canadian Independence Day" falls on the same day as his birthday: 15 July.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:50 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:56 pmAnd I got that lovely country lesson of finding the carcass of the cow my dad bought (against my mother's wishes, one of their fights that I remember well) that I had to help feed and such after school hanging from the tree in our yard one day.

Usually when they were found guilty of moorder.
Formerly luketheduke86
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:50 pm

I honestly don't know how my dad did a lot of the stuff he did, but all I remember is seeing that skinned cow carcass hanging from a rope on our tree and then some guy coming to pick it up to butcher it. I'm sure the cow wasn't actually hung to death, that would really take some doing. :)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Pulleys are usually involved. ;~)

Usually as a step in butchering the animal, after it's been dispatched, you hang it by the legs so it's in an "upright" position.
It makes it easier for you to to remove the innards, drain the blood (the meat will rot extremely fast if you skips this step), and skin it.

I was the only boy in the family growing up on a farm.
Years later I would learn that my Dad was violently ill when he first had to butcher an animal. I had to do as a kid and just grew up thinking was normal (but extremely unpleasant). He was originally from the city.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:54 amAssessing the situation, he saw a short, stocky man trying to look normal entering one of the old condos. He assumed that was Le Petite Hercule, a hero he had come into contact with a couple of years ago on one of his last assignments. Strong as an ox, stout of heart but seems to have some daddy issues. Good dude, though. He could handle himself.
He has issues. His issues have issues. But they aren't with either parent. :)

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:15 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:54 amAssessing the situation, he saw a short, stocky man trying to look normal entering one of the old condos. He assumed that was Le Petite Hercule, a hero he had come into contact with a couple of years ago on one of his last assignments. Strong as an ox, stout of heart but seems to have some daddy issues. Good dude, though. He could handle himself.
He has issues. His issues have issues. But they aren't with either parent. :)
Aww,poor orphaned Issues... :cry:
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Hey Jab, did I see anything with my perception check?
http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 648#p59648
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

L-Space wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 pm Hey Jab, did I see anything with my perception check?
http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 648#p59648
Oh, whoops. Totally missed that.
Ken

Post by Ken »

By the by, I'll leave it to you Jab as to the veracity about Adrien's statements about where his grandfather and Uncle Jacques live. Them knowing enough about French regions to actually name them is surreal enough to be funny. Whether you want them to actually be able to truly distinguish accents, is up to you. But my rule of funny said 'why not explain it'.

Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:51 am (Dang, you stumped me, you ass :). Take a Hero Point)

"*GG! BL! GG!!*" Skeeter sputters, taken aback. He really wanted to get angry and fight-y. "We-- well... WE DON'T TAKE KINDLY to folk who brag about their own historical knowledge around here!"
"Goddammit, Skeeter" the barkeep pinches his nose and squints his eyes.
Yeah, this had me cracking up. :lol:

Also had flashbacks to the Simpsons.
"You wanna fight?"
"Them's fighting words!"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Skeeter and the Barkeep remind's me of why i love WLIIA....
"You guy's wanna fight?"
:lol: