Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 am
Rosa and LPH asking about Doc's location would be enough for her to cast her senses out, and since we'd already known they were looking at the barn before Herc was drawn away, it would make sense to look that way first. So it's not a passive check for it.

As for the check, that would be while we were on approach with how it times up with things, but I suppose mention of Doc was after the init was rolled, so should probably be in turn. But perception is listed as a free action, not standard.

Originally, the idea was hoping to use it from further out before the init was rolled, getting a wider view that would see both the barn and the house, but you raise a good point about distance. With K'lara's +10, she can passively see out 200ft without a check, and a maximum range of 400ft with a natural 20. My thought was if she saw that, she would jump down and go investigate that (since the other three should be plenty to back up Hercule) or at least point it out to the others. (Flyby could check it out very quickly with his flight speed)

It's really just something for flavor more than anything, seeing as the comm communication makes it redundant,
Ah, OK. I was looking at the rules for what constituted Actions, and one indicated that "Using a Skill is a Standard Action". And the Skill selection bit didn't indicate it. Turns out there's a CHART I needed to look at. It's almost as if this book is poorly laid-out or something. NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH :).

So yeah, the radio message comes off, so y'all know what's going on. Especially as Dr. Mercury is now against a wall, buying her some time.
So...are the hillbillies outside all tangled up going to try and free themselves or anything on their turn so I can go? Because if the initiatives link jup as they should, K'lara should also be arriving at the very end of the barn battle round.
By all means, you can arrive at the barn within one round if you leave now. The Hillbillies will ATTEMPT to break out, but Percival is pretty hooped. I mean, it's up to you, though. I don't think anyone would blame you for bailing.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So I spend my turn in the outside fight to move to the barn and arrive there at the end of their initiative so I would act in this new round, correct? I mean, I still would have a standard action once I arrived as well...so a feint action?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:53 am So I spend my turn in the outside fight to move to the barn and arrive there at the end of their initiative so I would act in this new round, correct? I mean, I still would have a standard action once I arrived as well...so a feint action?
Yes, after the following round, you would arrive and be able to act as normal.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:03 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:53 am So I spend my turn in the outside fight to move to the barn and arrive there at the end of their initiative so I would act in this new round, correct? I mean, I still would have a standard action once I arrived as well...so a feint action?
Wait..you're not making any sense.

I haven't acted yet in the CURRENT round. Move action to the barn, standard action to act. Why would I have to wait until after the following round?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Outside group it's Silver Witch's turn, right?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:15 am

I haven't acted yet in the CURRENT round. Move action to the barn, standard action to act. Why would I have to wait until after the following round?
Watch how you word that, please.

I didn't see the "Leaping" on your character sheet, so I forgot you can clear that distance in only a single round- I was thinking you'd have to take a whole round to get over there otherwise. So yeah, I guess you arrive just as the guys finish talking.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:04 am Outside group it's Silver Witch's turn, right?
Yes, indeed.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:01 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:15 am

Watch how you word that, please.

I didn't see the "Leaping" on your character sheet, so I forgot you can clear that distance in only a single round- I was thinking you'd have to take a whole round to get over there otherwise. So yeah, I guess you arrive just as the guys finish talking.
Sorry, I meant no offence. But yeah, K'lara has leaping 5 (250ft), so once her turn rolls up in the outside combat, she can leap to the barn (and through a window is my plan! Do you want an athletics roll or something for that?), and then a feint as her standard action. You'd said we were about 200ft from the barn at the moment, so should all be good.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, that's fine. Going through the window is dramatic. I'll allow it... so long as you make it a really good boast after you go through :).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 am Yeah, that's fine. Going through the window is dramatic. I'll allow it... so long as you make it a really good boast after you go through :).
Heh, just gonna wait for my turn to come up after the hillbillies to post the leap over.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Think you forgot to apply an improvised weapon penalty for attacking a dude with another dude. :lol:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 am Think you forgot to apply an improvised weapon penalty for attacking a dude with another dude. :lol:
What is it,a -5?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:19 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 am Think you forgot to apply an improvised weapon penalty for attacking a dude with another dude. :lol:
What is it,a -5?
I'm actually mistaken. :roll: It's not so much a penalty as it is you don't use your Unarmed roll (That's what Improvised Weapon advantage is for). When you'd said he was using his unarmed roll, I'd thought he had skill ranks for unarmed attacks. He actually makes all melee attacks at the same bonus since his entire bonus is from his Fighting attribute.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:35 am
What is it,a -5?
I'm actually mistaken. :roll: It's not so much a penalty as it is you don't use your Unarmed roll (That's what Improvised Weapon advantage is for). When you'd said he was using his unarmed roll, I'd thought he had skill ranks for unarmed attacks. He actually makes all melee attacks at the same bonus since his entire bonus is from his Fighting attribute.
Oh,so no change needed(except this Sorta-Hillbilly is gonna need a Doctor after i'm done,as well as his buddies).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:56 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:35 am
What is it,a -5?
Oh,so no change needed(except this Sorta-Hillbilly is gonna need a Doctor after i'm done,as well as his buddies).
Yeah. I just got mixed up because of the way you worded it about "using his unarmed". It's my bad. :oops: