Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by catsi563 »

Well poop :(

Ill of course through Halcyon in as a spoiler or guest star as needed. she was designed for that sort of role anyways. ah well good luck to everyone and have fun.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:29 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:52 am Oh, well. At least most of the team athletes can use the same gym. :)
We’re gonna get a pool, right? (At least a jacuzzi...)

In the event of a water emergency I think I can be used as a floatation device
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Added a little something that sparked a writing bunny in my head to Halcyons profile :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thank you for your consideration. Good luck and happy gaming to those selected. I'm happy to be chosen as an alternate considering the number of submissions.
Ken

Re: The Victory League

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:03 am GM DECISION- THE OFFICIAL ROSTER:

Alright, I think I finally came to a decision. With TWENTY-THREE Submissions posted, I had a hell of a lot of thinking to do. I'm pretty staggered this game has proven to be such a draw already, and I can only hope to match whatever people's expectations are. I REALLY wanted to take more characters- I really did. To the point where I was contemplating staging a MASSIVE force, or running two simultaneous games, which led a handful of you to PM me and post here with "OH GOD NO DON'T TRY THAT!". It'll be better if we start smaller, and see where that takes us. Attrition and stuff can take their toll, which will allow some of the others to get in.

So I've left some of your guys in there as "Alternates"- guys who didn't get picked, but will be the first ones called if somebody has to miss an adventure, quit the group, etc. It'll be up to you if you want to take those roles.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your submissions, PMs and the thoughts about your characters. It's really humbling to have so many people want to get in.
Thank you.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

^_^ Well, the Crimson Corsair was a last-minute add, who could use more fleshing out, so I'm satisfied. I just had to exorcise him from my head.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"Well ah never! But while ah didn't get picked, ah wish y'all the best.

And now its time fer Tachyon ta say the magic words as ah be hittin' the beaches of Miami:

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya."

A little travelling music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIoRUVMlTIw
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:03 am GM DECISION- THE OFFICIAL ROSTER:

Alright, I think I finally came to a decision. With TWENTY-THREE Submissions posted, I had a hell of a lot of thinking to do. I'm pretty staggered this game has proven to be such a draw already, and I can only hope to match whatever people's expectations are. I REALLY wanted to take more characters- I really did. To the point where I was contemplating staging a MASSIVE force, or running two simultaneous games, which led a handful of you to PM me and post here with "OH GOD NO DON'T TRY THAT!". It'll be better if we start smaller, and see where that takes us. Attrition and stuff can take their toll, which will allow some of the others to get in.

So I've left some of your guys in there as "Alternates"- guys who didn't get picked, but will be the first ones called if somebody has to miss an adventure, quit the group, etc. It'll be up to you if you want to take those roles.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your submissions, PMs and the thoughts about your characters. It's really humbling to have so many people want to get in.

THE VICTORY LEAGUE:
MAKO (Batgirl III)
GALACTICA (EpicEclipse)
THE SHIELD (Arkite)
MUSTANG (MacynSnow)
SEMILLA (Flynnarel)
FLYBY (L-Space)
LA PETIT HERCULE (Ken)
DOCTOR MERCURY (RainontheSun)
THE SILVER WITCH (Psistrike)
SLYCE (Thorpocalypse) -- Thorp has said he'll be away for the start, but that means we can start smaller with nine guys, and have Slyce possibly do a "run-in" at one point in the mission)

ALTERNATES:
* Guys who might be called on for one-offs, temporary members if someone bails, or new members in cases of attrition. These guys were SO GOOD and I just didn't have the room.

TACHYON (Shadowmask) (agh, I feel terrible. You worked hard, but I JUST NOW noticed a few problems with the build, like undercapped defenses & fighting. I really should have checked more carefully, but got overwhelmed by submissions. Terribly sorry- I'd be happy to help you out with this one and use her as an alternate)
THERMAL (Captain Chaos)
FIREFIST (Skaramine)
HELIX (Hawk)
BLINDSPOT (Ghost of Krypton)
Thanks Jab. I do feel honored to be selected for The League. I will be back fully in pocket on August 5 so if you can having Slyce spending time with his kids or a side gig until then, I'll be good to go.

I'm going to update his bio a bit now that I know the team. Are there any of you that have adventured together before or we all starting as new members of the League? I'd like to have at least a couple of you be the ones that took down the clandestine group that created Slyce and vouched for him to join.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ken

Post by Ken »

From the Interest thread
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 am The team is already formed. I find most of these campaigns die out in the "building the party" phase. You can still introduce yourselves to each other or what have you, but I believe in a more "while things are going on" thing.
So, yeah, the team's already together.

If Slyce's fight against his rogue agency ever took him oversees, say to France, le Petit Hercule may have been one of those who helped.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:56 pm From the Interest thread
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 am The team is already formed. I find most of these campaigns die out in the "building the party" phase. You can still introduce yourselves to each other or what have you, but I believe in a more "while things are going on" thing.
So, yeah, the team's already together.

If Slyce's fight against his rogue agency ever took him oversees, say to France, le Petit Hercule may have been one of those who helped.
the first "setting" will likely be the ENTIRE team meeting, so introductions can still take place. I was thinking of Slyce doing a "run-in" later on, joining up with the others in the middle of a battle, but Thorp's idea can work, too.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Galactica was previously with the Intergalactic Wrestling Federation (which ad some crossover with the Ultimate Wrestling League as I understand it with the villainous Aggro as a member of both), will have crossed crossed paths with The Crusher at some point I believe, and may have had appearances briefly on Earth in the past.

Depending on whether the IWF or UWL are televised on Earth, she would be familiar and be known from there as Kosmic K'lara. She stayed on Earth the last time the UWF circuit brought them to cause mayhem and helped fend them off upon learning of their more nefarious nature.

So, her background already gives her a shared tie with Mustang indirectly through his father, The Crusher, whom she has likely crossed paths with. Anyone who might watch the IWF or UWL would have seen her (again, assuming it is televised on Earth, though I see little reason why they wouldn't be), but otherwise, I don't picture her to have been on Earth overly long. A few months tops. HuMayne would need to have already been planning to put this team together to have approached her while she was on Earth and convinced her to go face and join the heroes to fight off the IWF members.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:21 pm Galactica was previously with the Intergalactic Wrestling Federation (which ad some crossover with the Ultimate Wrestling League as I understand it with the villainous Aggro as a member of both), will have crossed crossed paths with The Crusher at some point I believe, and may have had appearances briefly on Earth in the past.

Depending on whether the IWF or UWL are televised on Earth, she would be familiar and be known from there as Kosmic K'lara. She stayed on Earth the last time the UWF circuit brought them to cause mayhem and helped fend them off upon learning of their more nefarious nature.

So, her background already gives her a shared tie with Mustang indirectly through his father, The Crusher, whom she has likely crossed paths with. Anyone who might watch the IWF or UWL would have seen her (again, assuming it is televised on Earth, though I see little reason why they wouldn't be), but otherwise, I don't picture her to have been on Earth overly long. A few months tops. HuMayne would need to have already been planning to put this team together to have approached her while she was on Earth and convinced her to go face and join the heroes to fight off the IWF members.
With HuMayne building the team before Galactica's Arrival,the Company probably(depending on how Jab see's it) would've first contacted Mako,Shield and Mustang(they would've been easier to contact,especially considering Mustang worked for one of their Board members,if Jab allows it),who could've convinced Galactica to "Face turn";Shield could've talked to Semilla about joining and(given the man's age)helped Slyce fight off that Government Agency of his;Mako could've ran into Le Petite Hercule beforehand;Mustang would have run into Silver Witch during a Case and Doctor Mercury would've come to talk to him about his Dad's Super-Serum.

But again,this how i think not how jab might do it..... :D
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:43 pm I'm going to update his bio a bit now that I know the team. Are there any of you that have adventured together before or we all starting as new members of the League? I'd like to have at least a couple of you be the ones that took down the clandestine group that created Slyce and vouched for him to join.
Fun part about Harry's "The Call" complication is that it is a great excuse to be just about anywhere when needed.
Throw in the fact that he's been traveling for the last ten to fifteen years and "The Shield" can be just about anywhere people need him to be in regards to background stuff.

So feel free to use him if you'd like.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The Shield probably crossed paths with Mako’s father, Taniwha (a.k.a. Sea Monster), during WWII. The Canadians were mostly involved in the European Theater of Operations, with their Pacific efforts mostly concentrated on coastal defense... But a single super-soldier is a lot easier to redeploy than a fleet. (I never wrote this up, but in my head Henare Turei was 14-15 when he lied about his age to join the merchant marine, who would have seen through the obvious lie, but not cared overly much. He got his powers a year or so later.) If Henare and Tom Selleck were war buddies, even if briefly, then Maia would probably trust him implicitly. (She’s secretly a total Daddy’s Girl.)

Likewise, let Petit Hercule’s predecessor might have crossed paths during the War with Henare. So if nothing else, Petit and Mako would probably trust each other simply on the basis of their predecessors being old war buddies.

Galactica is probably fairly well-known in New Zealand and Oceania, with professional wrestling being a big deal in Polynesia and South East Asia. I’m not sure if Galactica and Mako would have ever actually met, but Maia totally would have had some Kosmic K'lara t-shirts.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

In my mind,i keep picturing everybody in the "League living room" trying to figure out how they all might know each other.... :lol: