Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville »

Alright, I put the Initiatives on the first page of this thread. Just so everyone has something to look back and figure out the order.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:47 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:00 pm Now we have 3 fights going on. Yay.
blame the one who thought bashing into the enemy base alone was a good idea :). I wasn’t planning on anyone going there till later :).

However, I was concerned with too many players somewhat inactive while the investigation was going on, so some action is a good thing.
Hey, their job is to find out who is attacking the hillbillies and why. Doctor M is halfway there already!

Speaking of which, do these ninja fellows have an accurate sense other than normal vision? Because if not, they're all working with a -5 to hit as long as the Blending is up, and only nunchuck guy should actually tag her. If they can bypass it somehow, that's fine, but it never hurts to check. :geek:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just realized I posted an OOC question in the IC thread.

Since Doc's fight scene is happening right across from where Hercule was, it should be reasonably close enough for K'lara to maybe pick up on the keyed up emotions indicating incipient violence with her Empathy and an Insight check. Can I do that as the back-up team is arriving?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:31 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:47 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:00 pm Now we have 3 fights going on. Yay.
blame the one who thought bashing into the enemy base alone was a good idea :). I wasn’t planning on anyone going there till later :).

However, I was concerned with too many players somewhat inactive while the investigation was going on, so some action is a good thing.
Hey, their job is to find out who is attacking the hillbillies and why. Doctor M is halfway there already!

Speaking of which, do these ninja fellows have an accurate sense other than normal vision? Because if not, they're all working with a -5 to hit as long as the Blending is up, and only nunchuck guy should actually tag her. If they can bypass it somehow, that's fine, but it never hurts to check. :geek:
The issue with the blending is, they know you broke in, and they know where you're standing. To me, they shouldn't really be at that big of a disadvantage any longer because of that. I was going to point out they had a -1 circumstance check due to the Blending (since they couldn't see your exact position), but that would have let both 21s still hit you, so I forgot to :).

Plus, Blending ceases to work if you move faster than your base speed -1, which is why it's a Flaw. I figured that since you broke the window and walked in so casually, the blending wouldn't even be that effective.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Fair enough! Okay, time to make a few toughness saves.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:04 am Fair enough! Okay, time to make a few toughness saves.
I didn't want to totally put the screws to you over that one, but yeah- Concealment is easily the best "cheap on points" power in the entire game, often giving HUGE benefits, so I was pretty careful about making sure it wasn't totally overwhelming. Hopefully it didn't come off as unfair :).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

How about my question? >.>

It may not seem pertinent given that Doc talked into the comm now, but it changes the flavor of my post.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:12 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:04 am Fair enough! Okay, time to make a few toughness saves.
I didn't want to totally put the screws to you over that one, but yeah- Concealment is easily the best "cheap on points" power in the entire game, often giving HUGE benefits, so I was pretty careful about making sure it wasn't totally overwhelming. Hopefully it didn't come off as unfair :).
No, no, it's totally fine by me. I actually think Blending and being prone should both carry a bigger movement penalty than they do, in a system where super-fast movement is so cheap to get. :)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am Just realized I posted an OOC question in the IC thread.

Since Doc's fight scene is happening right across from where Hercule was, it should be reasonably close enough for K'lara to maybe pick up on the keyed up emotions indicating incipient violence with her Empathy and an Insight check. Can I do that as the back-up team is arriving?
(Bear With Me: I had to check the rules and your character sheet- this takes a VERY long time, so there's no way you're getting a quick answer :))

Okay, so it's a -20 for the distance (about 200 feet or so), but +5 because it's strong emotions. But... don't you have to TRY to be noticing stuff? Can you just pick up on stuff without trying? How would she know the stuff is going on?

I guess if Klara wants to check and see how emotions are running in the middle of a fight, you can. But that would cost a Standard Action at least. -15 for the distance.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And I'm COMPLETELY exhausted from all this for the time being, so I'm not responding to more stuff tonight. I'll see you all tomorrow when you start punching again :).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:31 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am Just realized I posted an OOC question in the IC thread.

(Bear With Me: I had to check the rules and your character sheet- this takes a VERY long time, so there's no way you're getting a quick answer :))

Okay, so it's a -20 for the distance (about 200 feet or so), but +5 because it's strong emotions. But... don't you have to TRY to be noticing stuff? Can you just pick up on stuff without trying? How would she know the stuff is going on?

I guess if Klara wants to check and see how emotions are running in the middle of a fight, you can. But that would cost a Standard Action at least. -15 for the distance.
Rosa and LPH asking about Doc's location would be enough for her to cast her senses out, and since we'd already known they were looking at the barn before Herc was drawn away, it would make sense to look that way first. So it's not a passive check for it.

As for the check, that would be while we were on approach with how it times up with things, but I suppose mention of Doc was after the init was rolled, so should probably be in turn. But perception is listed as a free action, not standard.

Originally, the idea was hoping to use it from further out before the init was rolled, getting a wider view that would see both the barn and the house, but you raise a good point about distance. With K'lara's +10, she can passively see out 200ft without a check, and a maximum range of 400ft with a natural 20. My thought was if she saw that, she would jump down and go investigate that (since the other three should be plenty to back up Hercule) or at least point it out to the others. (Flyby could check it out very quickly with his flight speed)

It's really just something for flavor more than anything, seeing as the comm communication makes it redundant,
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:16 am Yeah, I had all the Initiative orders and DCs of attacks written out on a piece of paper, but neglected to write it down.

Slyce is up next in the barfight, Dr. Mercury is next in the barn, and the rest of the gang needs to roll Init outside that apartment.
I’m going to be mostly out of pocket until Sunday night so for now Slyce is just going to sit back and watch Shield and Mustang.

EDIT: He'll delay but if something comes up where he absolutely needs to act, he's going to drop A PEOPLE'S ELBOW on the Hillbilly that Mustang suplexes onto the floor. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

All I had to do was roll above a 5 :lol:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Leaping 5 is 250ft.
Leaping 7 is 900ft and the maximum before leaping takes longer than 1 round.

Suffice to say, Hercule has more than enough leaping ranks to get to the barn in a single move action.

Also, gonna hold off on posting for K'lara since she's after the Hillbillies, even with Herc's new roll he goes before them.

That said, being last gives her the opportunity to make a dramatic entry into Doc's fight.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So...are the hillbillies outside all tangled up going to try and free themselves or anything on their turn so I can go? Because if the initiatives link jup as they should, K'lara should also be arriving at the very end of the barn battle round.