Flynnarrel

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel »

Now we have 3 fights going on. Yay.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yep. I think "Leader", Percival, and the other two are pretty much running (having shot and pounded Adrien) right into Flyby and the ladies.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:00 pm Now we have 3 fights going on. Yay.
blame the one who thought bashing into the enemy base alone was a good idea :). I wasn’t planning on anyone going there till later :).

However, I was concerned with too many players somewhat inactive while the investigation was going on, so some action is a good thing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'll just drop my init here for expediency. Until we arrive I've got really nothing worth posting IC, but at least I can give my init so we're a little more organized on arrival

Initiative: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WInWAHW0wo

A series of 10 suplexes. And throwing anything (or anyone) with the intent of accuracy (That is to say, hoping to hit a target of some sort) would typically be an attack, thus a standard action. Move-by action is only to move before and after an attack as oppose to before OR after. Has nothing to do with attacking multiple times (IE, suplexing a guy into all the other guys). An extra action via Extra Effort would let it happen, but you can only extra effort once per round.

As to our team's supertoughs;
They are all pretty even, with certain strengths and weaknesses.

While going through this, I noticed Mustang has an attack that break PL. He hasn't used it, but those Brass Warknuckles put him at Damage 12 with +8 to hit, so PL10 attack. Oops? Probably missed/forgotten from previous version or something and snuck in without notice.

Anyways;
Offensively, Galactica, LPH and Mustang are pretty even in a straight punchfest. Damage 10 with Improved Crit 2 for LPH and Mustang with Galactical lagging back by 1 rank of damage. Then you look at what advantages they have to support their offense.

LPH: Accurate, All-out and Power attack lets him adjust his attack to hit pretty reliably.
Mustang: Accurate and Defensive attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab and Hold, Chokehold and Improved Trip. Gives him options to hinder opponents.
Galactica: Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Chokehold, Improved Trip, Agile Feint. LPH and Mustang are both actually fairly susceptible to feint and trip maneuvers (the latter only if one has Improved trip to target acrobatics)

Conclusion: Grappling would be pointless with these three, all with powerful options to break free before it hinders them too greatly, so it wouldn't be much worth attempting. Galactica has a marginally weaker attack, but a bit more versatility to hinder the other two between Tripping them and Feinting them. LPH has the versatility to hit fairly reliably, but it's not much good if he can't keep his feet to land a hit and has to keep standing up to avoid the penalty for attacking from prone.

Defensively, Galactica and LPH have regen. LPH's is weaker, but reliable, while Galactica's is every round, but she needs to do damage. Galactica has Kinetic Field to have the strongest toughness, but LPH has withstand damage to actually trump that if he uses it every round. Mustang....has neither regen or a toughness buff. He has Impervious 10, but that's not going to much matter except to limit how much "accurate" LPH can use against him to ensure a hit. (At the max +5 to hit, his damage rank become 5 which Mustang's impervious catches and negates, but honestly, LPH is more likely using Power attack or all out attacks against someone like Mustang, so that's really moot)

Special mention: If this sparring match was taking place officially, I would think Galactica's Favored Environment would come into play. It's a minor benefit, but worth mention.

So in the end; I think a battle between the three would come down to who drops first. Two would have to gang up on one to knock them out, but if they just fought haphazardly, I think Mustang would be the first to go down, lacking any regen or toughness booster. Not that he would go down at all EASY, just first. It would still be a slog to take him down without ganging up for either LPH or Galactica.

Once the battle was down to two, I would edge out the win to Galactica (barely), or if she was ganged up and taken out first, then LPH would outlast Mustang.

Galactica is more readily able to deal with LPH and Mustang by virtue of Improved Trip and Move-by Action mainly. Using some mobility to dash by and trip her opponent and continue out of their melee reach, they need to stand and work out a means to catch her. If they prepare an action,s he can switch tactics and instead of trip, use agile feint to make them vulnerable. What about damage? She waits for them to make a mistake. It's what wrestlers do after all, watch for the opening, watch for the mistake then punish them for it.

Ultimately, it would be a long, boring, drawn out fight. Ultimately, they can do very little damage to each other and two of them have a regen. Note, this isn't at all to discredit the rest of the team's capabilities in taking them down.

Mercury could modify herself with features to specifically prod them in the weakspot (Will save for all three of them, the need to breathe also a weakness)
Semilla might be able to power stunt something, strangling spores perhaps for some suffocation
Slyce can out-damage all three and has regen himself on par with LPH and has Startle for a feint (Galactica isn't AS susceptible as the other two to feint, but Slyce's Intimidate is only 1 higher than her insight, so it wuld be a dice game)
Flyby just hit and runs...none of them can do anything to him. He can Power attack, slam, and fly away and just chill. Taunt for demoralize is helpful to him also.
Silver Witch and Shield would have the hardest time dealing with them. Witch can trap them in constructs temporarily before they break out of them. Shield is all the brawler of these three, and unfortunately brawlers are not terribly effective against bricks.

And that's assuming one on one encounters. If any one of these three were to become an enemy, the rest of the team should easily be able to neutralize them with teamwork and minimal effort.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Not if you really don't care if you actually hit the stuff or not.Basically,i'm Suplexing this direspectful person into the next Millinium.....
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:09 am Not if you really don't care if you actually hit the stuff or not.Basically,i'm Suplexing this direspectful person into the next Millinium.....
That's gonna be up to Jab if you can even throw/suplex him all in the same turn, much less hit something without an attack action and roll. You may just need to wait til your next turn. :)

Really not the end of the world.

Though as a side note, Mustang got really riled up over the slightest bit of disrespect towards The Shield, eh? :lol:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:34 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:09 am Not if you really don't care if you actually hit the stuff or not.Basically,i'm Suplexing this direspectful person into the next Millinium.....
That's gonna be up to Jab if you can even throw/suplex him all in the same turn, much less hit something without an attack action and roll. You may just need to wait til your next turn. :)

Though as a side note, Mustang got really riled up over the slightest bit of disrespect towards The Shield, eh? :lol:
To the way Todd was raised,you don't disrespect your Elders without having Reprercussions happen.Product of being half-raised in a Russian Household,i guess... :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 am

To the way Todd was raised,you don't disrespect your Elders without having Reprercussions happen.Product of being half-raised in a Russian Household,i guess... :D
Might be something to consider adding as a complication. It's certainly a personality trait that can get him and the party in trouble by having that hair trigger in that way. :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:03 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 am

Might be something to consider adding as a complication. It's certainly a personality trait that can get him and the party in trouble by having that hair trigger in that way. :D
Problem is, it'd be very situational.If he saw someone Shield's same rough age doing that,he'd have done nothing to him.But when it's someone that's half Harry's age,THEN somebody get's Suplexd into next year. :)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

That's the thing with Complications. They are situational. :P

And considering we have an older guy on the team, there are fair odds we'll run unto some younger whippersnappers disrespecting him more often than you think.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I just put the initiatives for each fight scene in the correct turn order.
Hercule's fight

You gave two different sets of initiative for this fight, so I didn't add the Hero's inits to it since I'm not sure which you want to go with, but the first was posted first, the second set is the newer set.

Original set
Redheaded Leader: 18
Hillbilly #3: 16
Percival: 13
Hillbilly #2: 11

Newer set
Hillbilly #3: 15
Leader: 11
Hillbilly #2: 9
Percival: 9
The Barn

Blue Ninja: 18
Purple Ninja: 16
Red Ninja: 13
Yellow/Orange Ninja: 13
Doctor Mercury: 12
Mike's Bar Fight

Mustang: 23
Slyce: 22
Redneck D: Init 21
Redneck C: Init 13
Redneck A: Initiative 7
Shield: 6 (Not sure if Shield of Skeeter have higher Agility)
Skeeter: Initiative 6
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Poor LPH sitting there on the ground, trying not to giggle as he plays dead.
All I can imagine is the Willy Wonka Scene, and that competely deadpan, "Help, police, murder." ;~)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, I had all the Initiative orders and DCs of attacks written out on a piece of paper, but neglected to write it down.

Slyce is up next in the barfight, Dr. Mercury is next in the barn, and the rest of the gang needs to roll Init outside that apartment.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

All of backup team prerolled init I think
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:57 am All of backup team prerolled init I think
I think you might be right, just I don't know which of those sets of initiative is correct to add our rolls to it.
Flyby 22 (Agi 4)
Semilla 22 (Agi 2)
Hercule 21
Silver Witch 16 (Agi 2)
Galactica 8