Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Arkrite »

Hawk wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:38 pm Helix could grab one and fly him away from the boat, if it would help.
It would. Harry hasn't asked simply because they haven't been introduced yet.
But if somebody were to offer in game I'm sure they'd accept... :D
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I say you can do a grab & toss in one turn, melee or ranged.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I'll offer in game to help out.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:52 am
Ken wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 pm Jab, from your point of view how does lifting strength affect throwing distance?
The book contains some math for that, though I believe it's fairly excessive. We can still use that, though.
Strength Rank - Weight Rank = Throwing Distance Rank.

I was unclear in my question. Hercule has 4 ranks of Strength that are lifting only (or Power Lifting). That means his strength for lifting is 14, while his strength for punching is 10. Throwing does involve lifting normally, and the book doesn't particularly say how "lifting only" affects the throwing equation.

While using the above equation, and assuming the robots each way more than 200 lbs, but less than 400 lbs. (3 ranks), that means the equation, for Adrien is either:

10 - 3 = rank 7 distance [1/2 mile] (Power Lifting strength doesn't apply)

or

14 - 3 = rank 11 distance [8 miles] (Power Lifting strength does apply)

OR

13 - 3 = rank 10 distance [4 miles] (Power Lifting strength applies to only the lifting, but that leaves the 10 unlimited ranks free)

I'd like to know which interpretation you want us to use. It's your game.
Question still pending....
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I figure Power Lifting would apply- sorry, forgot about that question.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thank you.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sorry for neglecting the game for so long, everyone- I've been doing a lot of walking after work, trying to get into "walking shape" for my vacation... plus I've been dealing with my vacation... plus I've been obsessing about... stuff, and it kind of resulted in me never QUITE having the energy/inclination to do game stuff. And then Hawk told me his family was sick and I needed to play his character, while Semilla was also out of commission.

I hope to have one solid bunch of posting before I head away for vacation, and then we'll put a pin in the game until I get back around March 22nd or so.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Well, my internet is finally back, and I'm sorry I've been away. Sadly, there's a good chance I'll lose the internet again soon.

Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:42 am Sorry for neglecting the game for so long, everyone- I've been doing a lot of walking after work, trying to get into "walking shape" for my vacation... plus I've been dealing with my vacation... plus I've been obsessing about... stuff, and it kind of resulted in me never QUITE having the energy/inclination to do game stuff. And then Hawk told me his family was sick and I needed to play his character, while Semilla was also out of commission.

I hope to have one solid bunch of posting before I head away for vacation, and then we'll put a pin in the game until I get back around March 22nd or so.
March 22nd? :?

Dang Canadian conversion rate... ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

That was before the trip gave me pink-eye and a brutal-ass cold, you BUTT :P.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Alright, I think I'm FINALLY ready to say I'm back in action. I assume the game has moved a LITTLE too slowly for a lot of y'all, and a lot of that's on me. While hiatuses are pretty common on here (seems like almost every game goes through months of them; many never return), it was a bit disappointing that I could never find the energy to really keep mine going.

Part of the issue was the size of the team, maybe- with LOTS of posts to check, GMing became a big thing. Doing the game AND my thread spread out my energy as well- and my thread always takes precedence. The overwhelming number of submissions to my game was incredibly flattering, but ALSO led me to be unable to properly address and curtail some... player issues... that'd sprung up in the Submission Thread. And then the fact that we didn't even get out of the FREAKING MEETING ROOM before a player squabble nearly wrecked everything... to say that affected my enthusiasm would be a drastic understatement. I have pretty high standards for the behavior of others, and when they're not met, I can be VERY upset.

Then Batgirl ghosted right before the mission, which sucked. Then I finally had to ask a player to leave. Then a few others left- Macyn was a huge part of why I started this campaign, as he had a HUGE interest in my Jabverse world, and so him going on a leave, then NEVER RETURNING... that hurt. And L-Space left. And then I felt a lot of guilt for having Dr. Mercury have to sit at the base designing stuff while the "Robot Fight" that was supposed to merely move the plot along and introduce a new player (while getting rid of another)... ended up taking months. And months. So THAT was affecting me, as I didn't really know how to pull out of that spiral. And so my energy drained... and drained... and what should have taken a month took about six- the Robot Fight started in DECEMBER and we're now six months into 2019.

So I dunno- I'm sorry, but I couldn't maintain the energy to post every day. Oftentimes I'd let things sit for three or so days because I just couldn't gather up the will to write the characters and double-check everything to ensure there'd be no mistakes. Sorry about all that, but hopefully things will get better. I definitely won't be replacing the players who've left at this point- I think I see why people were recommending I only accept FOUR players to start.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hey Jab, are you comfortable where things stand as they are? You can always do a couple month time jump where they decide to break the team up into two smaller (more game-managable) teams. You can either break up the threads or put one group on pause and continue with the story you want to tell.

Either way, Semilla is at your disposal either to continue or, if she doesn't fit the story(ies) you want to tell, put on hold, for now or indefinitely.

"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I think with 2-3 players having left recently (Flyby & Mustang are just being ghosted by me), we should be okay. The group is a bit smaller now, and I've had a while to recharge. Everyone can stay, and I'm fine with things as they are, as we now have some captive members of the Agents of Aquarius to question, and can move forward.

Forming TWO teams would just make things much worse in terms of grouping. People warned me off of trying to run two games (just so I wouldn't have to reject anybody's characters), and THANK GOD- it would have broken me immediately :).
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Jab, I would like to continue with the team, but if you feel that it would be easier on you to have Helix, either because of his power set, or being too many people on the team to not be a part of it, then I understand.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

No, the roster we have now is fine. I'm telling people that it's okay with our roster right now, and we can stick with the current roster- I just won't be adding any MORE names :).