For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Arkrite »

Go Team Tough! :D
Ken

Post by Ken »

So, the verb "suplex" means to throw one's opponent into an object?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:08 pm So, the verb "suplex" means to throw one's opponent into an object?
Who said anything about THROWING him into an object? ;)
A Suplex is mostly a grappling combat maneuver where you grasp your opponents midsection, then proceed to throw them over your head using your hips as the leverage point. All Mustang is doing is not releasing it like you normally do,but picking him back up(while maintaining his lock around the guy's waist) and doing it repeatedly....:D

Basically it's This,but i'm not letting go,instead i'm jumping right back up and continuing to do it and not really caring about what(or who) he hits into(save for Shield&Slyce).
Last edited by MacynSnow on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:08 pm So, the verb "suplex" means to throw one's opponent into an object?
I would argue that the floor, walls and ceiling count as objects in the literary sense. :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:27 pm
I would argue that the floor, walls and ceiling count as objects in the literary sense. :P
Technically people count as objects in that sense,as well. ;)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Just trying to understand the terminology.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:42 pm Just trying to understand the terminology.
For the way Mustang fight's,just watch some Pro-Wrestling video's to get an idea...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

L-Space wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:56 pm I was actually waiting for an affirmative from you, wasn't sure if you would trust him with the shield lol. But yea, he would have brought it, when else is he going to get to shield bash someone? ;)
Sorry, I thought I'd responded.
Harry is largely unconcerned about the shield, for the most part. It's indestructible (so far as he can tell), and it wouldn't be the first time he's had to go searching for it by a long shot. ;~)

So yeah, Have Flyby smack somebody with the shield, it'll be fun!
Last edited by Arkrite on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Okay, just trying to get a feel for where we are in the bar

Init looks like this:
SLYCE Init 22
MUSTANG Init 20
Redneck D: Init 21
Redneck C: Init 13
Redneck A: Initiative 7 (Shaken, Bruise 1)
Skeeter: Initiative 6
SHIELD Init 6

Looks like we stopped at Redneck C, so it should be Redneck A, Skeeter, and Shield before Mustang gets to Suplex, right?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:11 pm Okay, just trying to get a feel for where we are in the bar

Init looks like this:
SLYCE Init 22
MUSTANG Init 20
Redneck D: Init 21
Redneck C: Init 13
Redneck A: Initiative 7 (Shaken, Bruise 1)
Skeeter: Initiative 6
SHIELD Init 6

Looks like we stopped at Redneck C, so it should be Redneck A, Skeeter, and Shield before Mustang gets to Suplex, right?
That's about right(though i got a nat 20 on Initiative,so i might superceed Slyce)....
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Huh... and somehow I put Redneck D below Mustang even though he's a 21.
I should probably just crawl back into bed ;~)

Counting is hard.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:16 pm
Who said anything about THROWING him into an object? ;)
A Suplex is mostly a grappling combat maneuver where you grasp your opponents midsection, then proceed to throw them over your head using your hips as the leverage point. All Mustang is doing is not releasing it like you normally do,but picking him back up(while maintaining his lock around the guy's waist) and doing it repeatedly....:D

Basically it's This,but i'm not letting go,instead i'm jumping right back up and continuing to do it and not really caring about what(or who) he hits into(save for Shield&Slyce).
You may want to seek clarity on the rules for this - different GMs do it differently as the written rules aren't clear.

Standard action - unarmed attack with free action grab(from Fast Grab). Awesome.
To actually wield him as a weapon (and thus do damage again in the same round) is where the rules break down. To address this, I've seen houserules to say if you're either throwing or wielding the Grabbed opponent to do damage (to the opponent or someone/something else), that is a standard action and can't be performed the same round as the grab unless you surge. This prevents the dreaded 'do all the damage in one round' thing frowned upon by M&M.
Some GMs allow a Move action tossing the opponent away for no damage but this gets iffy.
And of course, the rules say you can move as normally if your strength is such that you carry the Grabbed opponent with no hindrance.
So you might want to see what Jab's take on all this is.
"Something pithy this way comes."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I just thought, has anyone in the bar said they got into a fight? Reason I'm wondering is because Sawyer is flying to Herc's location, but I have Shield's...well shield.. with me. :? :lol:
Formerly luketheduke86
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

L-Space wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:31 pm I just thought, has anyone in the bar said they got into a fight? Reason I'm wondering is because Sawyer is flying to Herc's location, but I have Shield's...well shield.. with me. :? :lol:
Nobody's called it in yet, but it has just started.

Either way there's no need to worry too much yet. Harry's a PL7 in defense without the shield, but that should still be enough to handle a few goons. Especally with Mustang running amuck and Slyce chilling :lol:
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:34 pm Nobody's called it in yet, but it has just started.

Either way there's no need to worry too much yet. Harry's a PL7 in defense without the shield, but that should still be enough to handle a few goons. Especally with Mustang running amuck and Slyce chilling :lol:
Oh I figured Harry can take care of himself without, Just find it funny (and fitting) that Sawyer flew off so fast that he kind of forgot he was supposed to drop it off with you :lol:.
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:11 am (With Silver Witch moving y'all, you will arrive wherever you want to be within one round, so after the next round, you can all roll Initiative and join in the fun)
I'm assuming this applies to me as well. If so I was heading towards Herc and I think I may be at the top of the initiative order:
L-Space wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm
OOC wrote:Not sure if Sawyer actaully knows where Herc is right now, but I feel like that wouldn't stop him. :D Initiative: 1D20+12 = [10]+12 = 22
Formerly luketheduke86