Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville »

Wha- oh geez, I missed that entirely. I didn't realize that Halcyon was going ahead with her own plan- you added the "on the drive" bit so casually at the very last line of a post while the rest of us were still in the room. I was treated it like everyone was still debating on what to do. I didn't even think anyone had left the room.

I was trying to get away from "people just decide to do what they do without being dismissed or let go" thing, since I felt it was starting to take the last adventure off the rails. At LEAST wait until the others decide whether or not they agree on the course of action, especially as Halcyon is not the team leader.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

No worries ill make an adjustment somewhere soon
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Quick edit made
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what's changed...

Sorry, last week hasn't been terribly kind. In fact it's been kicking my butt.
Anyways, I'm just trying to keep track of what's going on at the moment, it really looks like everybody would rather look into investigating the scene of the crime rather than trying to go undercover to suss out the badguys.
(Though if Herc was to go that route I'd suggest going as "The Mantis Shrimp" due to it's small size and deadly punch! ;~) )

It sounds like there was a plan to sneak in to the crime scene as FBI agents, but I'm afraid I'm not sure why.
Was it to avoid letting the bad guys know we are investigating? Or are we worried the cops won't be friendly?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:02 am Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what's changed...

Sorry, last week hasn't been terribly kind. In fact it's been kicking my butt.
Anyways, I'm just trying to keep track of what's going on at the moment, it really looks like everybody would rather look into investigating the scene of the crime rather than trying to go undercover to suss out the badguys.
(Though if Herc was to go that route I'd suggest going as "The Mantis Shrimp" due to it's small size and deadly punch! ;~) )

It sounds like there was a plan to sneak in to the crime scene as FBI agents, but I'm afraid I'm not sure why.
Was it to avoid letting the bad guys know we are investigating? Or are we worried the cops won't be friendly?
Yeah, I was a bit stunned myself. I had to go back and re-read things:

Basically, Halcyon decided that checking out the yacht was the best option "to shake a lead loose", which Slyce agreed with. What I didn't pick up on was Catsi writing Halcyon basically moving onto this course while I was trying to write up the full page description of the team. So she basically got up and left in the middle of the meeting. I missed that and the other bit where she was going to drive, so when she suddenly showed up AT the yacht, and RPing with people there, I was very confused.

As for the FBI thing, I guess she just kind of decided that was the way to go. I'm not sure why being undercover is the ideal here.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

She was basically playing low profile sinc eif she starts popping up on news feeds the team catches the flack as not nice people start coming to find her. It was basically no need to ruffle feathers by showing up in costume especially since the description of the AOAs crimes was a group that's a bit squirrely and tends to go to ground when pressured

So Halcyon figures just show up looking official since that's whats expected and look around (ie roll investigation get clues) and then come back with and make plans for next step.

The Undercover plan isn't a bad one either just in Halycons mind a wee bit premature till they have some more information going undercover blind is a sure way to get someone killed so shed naturally not want one of her new teammates in over their heads that quickly.

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Quick headcount; so we're down to....

Shield
Slyce
Halcyon
Semilia
Le Petite Hercule
Doc Mercury
Silver Witch

With Helix on the way, right? Just wanted to make sure I accounted for everyone.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yep, that’s the team for now :)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:20 am Quick headcount; so we're down to....

Shield
Slyce
Halcyon
Semilia
Le Petite Hercule
Doc Mercury
Silver Witch

With Helix on the way, right? Just wanted to make sure I accounted for everyone.
I'm still on the way.(as far as I know).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

My suggestion would be a fancy fox mask, and having Halcyon claiming to be Le Renard.
Start the news talking about the French invasion of America ;~)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Going to be traveling for the holiday so after tonight I will be out of pocket until Monday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

HAPPY TOIKEY DAY everyone hope its safe and warm and filled with joy :)

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

La Renarde. The She Fox.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Im getting some fun ideas about what might have happened in Montreal with Harry and Rena ;)

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, I was gonna make a post, but the players were adequately bouncing off of each other... and now it's Thanksgiving, lol.