Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Ken »

"Greebled"? Vas ist "greebled"?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

mix of grossed out and creeped out wit a bit of heebeey jeebeed ie greebled

as for the invention honestly unless jab objects you only really need a rank 1 immunity drowning for 1pp the idea that its made into a pill form and jab can just hand wave that she made enough for one dose for everyone
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 am "I'm... not sure I can swim... or dive down, anyway. I might..." Rosa looks embarrassed, "float."
So, she does magic, and she's made of wood. I suppose she also weighs the same as a duck. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:54 am mix of grossed out and creeped out wit a bit of heebeey jeebeed ie greebled

as for the invention honestly unless jab objects you only really need a rank 1 immunity drowning for 1pp the idea that its made into a pill form and jab can just hand wave that she made enough for one dose for everyone
Yeah, basically, you just do the basic invention (which is pretty easy), but the time is multiplied. And some characters would make the difficulty a bit higher if they're quasi-human or have super-anatomy.

Affects Others Immunity (Drowning) is only 2 points, and would take two hours to design. And then FOUR hours per point of design, so eight hours. Then you'd have to multiply that by the number of characters using the gills. So with a team of eight (since you can do it to yourself pretty easily), that's sixty-four hours... but there's modifications for presumably time-saving stuff (like gathering all the ingredients and pouring them at once), PLUS your Quickness, which would drop that to nine hours (there is nothing in the rules-as-written preventing Quickness from being used for Inventions, though it's probably game-breaking to use in large scale).

OVERALL, though, I'd say... 4-6 hours? I mean, it's hardly a game-breaker, and it wears off in one scene anyways, as Inventions do. Or you could just have Silver Witch Hero Point something that protects the whole group underwater, but the "gill" method allows for under-water fighting and is TOTALLY gross, so that might be more fun :).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Make it an Affects others only (since the doctor can make it part of herself already), Area-Burst for the same 2 points and just build it once.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Mental quickness really only plays into the design phase anyways which is genre appropriate to super geniuses AHAH I will create sonic screwdrivatronmabob Now if only I had some duct tape an apple and two wrenches.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Area Effect might work as a chemical that’s released in the Doc’s wake, allowing the others to pick up on it.

I should give the group a full bio of the villains. Not all of them are “known members” yet. Try to look surprised when you see the others :).
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:14 pm Area Effect might work as a chemical that’s released in the Doc’s wake, allowing the others to pick up on it.

I should give the group a full bio of the villains. Not all of them are “known members” yet. Try to look surprised when you see the others :).
In the example in the Gadget Guide, Daedalus uses the Area extra to represent a bunch of individual helmets that he can put on people to block mind control. If that's acceptable, I'd rather do that than a chemical she releases. Mostly because I like the idea of Maki handing out chewable vitamins to everybody before the mission. :)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:27 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:14 pm Area Effect might work as a chemical that’s released in the Doc’s wake, allowing the others to pick up on it.

In the example in the Gadget Guide, Daedalus uses the Area extra to represent a bunch of individual helmets that he can put on people to block mind control. If that's acceptable, I'd rather do that than a chemical she releases. Mostly because I like the idea of Maki handing out chewable vitamins to everybody before the mission. :)
Really? That's a weird use of that Extra. Though I can see how they came to that conclusion (it's the simplest way of doing it, and there's no rules for "everyone gets an invention"), I find it peculiar. In any case, for a one-off thing, I don't mind if we go with the "Area".

In sadder news, L-Space told me a couple of days ago that he's got to leave all of his current games, so we're losing Flyby. I'll play him for the immediate future, but I'm swapping him out with one of our other Standby acts- Helix!! Everyone say "hi" to Hawk :). His character was adjusted a bit (at my request), but I think he'll be a good fit.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I just wanted to check in and say hi. I am excited to join the group. :)
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hi Hawk.

catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Welcome aboard.

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

What up Hawk. Glad to have you in the game.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catsi, that may be a little bit gun-jumpy.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Don't quite agree made It pretty clear she was in the process of driving to the scene a post or 2 earlier

didn't want to advance to far to give Jab a chance to respond added in the bit about the cofernce call to make sure the conversation was still going

Catsi stories