Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville »

LOL, I think Catsi's in love with his character. Every post mentions something about her sparkling eyes or a waterfall of hair or something :P.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Eh descriptive writing its a blessing and a curse I bear gladly :P

I should probably add there is a method to the madness so to speak. Shes trained to sort of instinctively manipulate a social situation to her benefit. So she does the subtle little things to make people comfortable or get them staring at her chest or posterior instead of where her hands are or her eyes are looking.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I'm still looking for a text color for Doctor Mercury, as you may have noticed. Please bear with me!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

That's probably going to be my last post until next week. As I noted in my current on hiatus game, I will be out of pocket to help my folks out for a bit. If things move into combat, Jab, feel free to NPC Slyce or hold him back, whatever is easier for you.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:13 pm That's probably going to be my last post until next week. As I noted in my current on hiatus game, I will be out of pocket to help my folks out for a bit. If things move into combat, Jab, feel free to NPC Slyce or hold him back, whatever is easier for you.
No problem, man. I figured I'd give the team a couple of days to chat with the new member joining, and now we've got the team aware of the Agents of Aquarius. From here, we can do more fact-finding and won't necessarily need Xavion posting every single day :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:29 am I'm still looking for a text color for Doctor Mercury, as you may have noticed. Please bear with me!
I liked the one you used recently.
RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:26 am Doctor Mercury
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Sure, I can stick with that. I was worried that it might be hard to read.
Ken

Post by Ken »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:02 am Doctor Mercury
OOC: Expertise: Medicine: 1D20+19 = [13]+19 = 32
to pick out any interesting powers, mutations, vulnerabilities, or other interesting features of the Agents of Aquarius from a mad doctor perspective.
Remembering where to find the Agents of Aquarius group picture from the Jabverse thread...

Somehow, I wouldn't be suprised if we see Dr. M's O-face. I mean, this is a wet dream of mutations and interesting features from a mad doctotor perspective. ;)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

She'll love the opportunity to talk to Dr. Nautilus, I'm sure. She might even know Thresher Shark!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And now I gotta re-read their bios to figure out who has what origin- consarnit you guys and your questions :).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Oh wow, reading the bios on these guys. Some interesting parallels:

Whale shark being empowered by the Monster Stone just as Hercule is powered by the Hercules Stone.... might the two stones have common origins?

Dr. Nautilus and even Thresher are intersting medical counterpoints to our own Dr. Mercury. (And Dr. Mercury could probably actually help Triggerfish where Dr. Nautilus failed.)

Blue fish is similar to Galactica in mentality and level of female-bad-assery.

Sand Tiger has the same versatility that Silver Witch has.

A Sawtooth vs. Slyce fight would be awesome.

They have 3 Femme fatales (Knife- Angel- and Sun-Fish) where we just recently picked up one. :(
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Was looking through them and its plausible that Renas run into a few of them here and there

Goblin Shark = Might have challenged her though she generally plays her rep as a martial artist low key.

Sawfish = Might have worked with or against him in some professional capacity

Knifefish = kind of a takes one to know one sort of deal and they tend to run in the same circles professionally before she joined the AOA

Barracuda = another professional hitter before the change

Six gill = this guy now hes one who Rena would actually take VERY seriously because neither one of them Fs around when its time to be serious
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I’ll have to make a post detailing most of them. I plan on having some members be unknowns or considered inactive at this point- that will help anyone who didn’t read their bios :).
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Looking at the example for inventing in the Gadget Guide, if Doctor Mercury wants to make something like a pill to let the team breathe water, she'll need the base power, plus the Affects Others extra, plus the Area extra to let the pills be active for multiple people at the same time.

So if she wanted to give the team Immunity 1 (drowning), that would be a total of 3 points. That's a DC 13 design check, which Maki can't fail with her +19 in Expertise: Medicine. This takes 3 hours as a base, or 3 minutes with her Quickness power. Then actually making the medicine would require another 12 hours of work. Does that look right?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I’m away from home at the moment, so I’ll have to check up later, but it seems like a fun role playing opportunity to have everybody greebled our by the idea :).