Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 19th

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:03 pm
Arkrite wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:05 pm Criminy... there goes the weekend to work on things.
LOL- sorry. Didn't realize there were others still mulling. Sorry guys! I extended to deadline just past the weekend- I only moved it up because I thought people were mostly done and everyone was posting a lot in here already!
Dude,it's YOU. Everytime you put up a thread(it could even be about you favorite foods!),you get at least 2 pages worth of response's in the first DAY.Besides Ares,i think your the most Popular person on this site....
Neo-Paladin

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 23rd

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Oh, thank the gods...now I have a bit more time...phew...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm I was sorta planning on starting it around then, but it'll probably be slow going for a bit. And I really only expect a post a day- I'd honestly get annoyed if people started spam-posting like it was a Crinoverse game. I live on a different coast than many posters, I think.
OMG! Those Chrinoverse Threads were insane! I feel I'm a prolific poster but I think some of those guys took the first few days off work to post that much.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:29 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm I was sorta planning on starting it around then, but it'll probably be slow going for a bit. And I really only expect a post a day- I'd honestly get annoyed if people started spam-posting like it was a Crinoverse game. I live on a different coast than many posters, I think.
OMG! Those Chrinoverse Threads were insane! I feel I'm a prolific poster but I think some of those guys took the first few days off work to post that much.
Yeah,let's all Have a "Gentleman's Agreement" that,no matter WHO get's picked that we TRY to keep it to ounce a Day in-game post(unless Jab say's otherwise).Agreed?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

disagree. If my character and another character are involved in a conversation I'd like the option to have a back-and-forth discussion.

Some amount of leeway always has to be made for others in the room not being as contributory to a conversation just because of posting frequency differences, but that's the nature of PbP.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

It drove me nuts- back then, I didn't have a smartphone so I couldn't post while at work. So if I woke up right before work, I'd miss 2-3 pages of stuff, and then Crinos would get grouchy. Every single other player could either post from work, or didn't have a job, so they were just SPAMMING posts left and right. Once, as Shifter, I was fighting a guy, and then not only did the fight wrap up while I was asleep, but WE CHANGED SCENES ENTIRELY, wrapping up the adventure (at a Comic Expo or something) and moving right on to the next thing.

It got so bad in another Crinoverse game that a poster straight-up freaked out and quit right at the end of the first "adventure". He was PISSED that they just flew in with five pages of text while he was gone. Crinos was like "Well, that's disappointing" and had to recruit a new guy right away.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 pm
Yeah,let's all Have a "Gentleman's Agreement" that,no matter WHO get's picked that we TRY to keep it to ounce a Day in-game post(unless Jab say's otherwise).Agreed?
I'd be fine with a back & forth conversation taking place, but the relentless "Okay, you've woken up? Now read five pages of text" or "The player is bored, so he wrote 5 essays about his character eating breakfast" stuff gets old. I don't want busier/slower posters getting overwhelmed.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:37 pm disagree. If my character and another character are involved in a conversation I'd like the option to have a back-and-forth discussion.

Some amount of leeway always has to be made for others in the room not being as contributory to a conversation just because of posting frequency differences, but that's the nature of PbP.
I see your point.Corume Withdrawn,then.With apologies.... :oops:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:51 pm Timeline moved up, eh? Guess I'd better finish mulling...

When do you plan on starting the game, Jab? I go on family vacation from 7/27 to 8/5. I can probably post some if I get in, but If that's going to be an issue, I will keep my name out of the hat.
I was sorta planning on starting it around then, but it'll probably be slow going for a bit. And I really only expect a post a day- I'd honestly get annoyed if people started spam-posting like it was a Crinoverse game. I live on a different coast than many posters, I think.
What coast? I thought you lived in Alberta. That's Mountain Time, isn't it? That puts you an hour behind me (and anyone else in Central Time), and an hour ahead of Batgirl (and anyone else on Pacific Time.)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:51 pm Timeline moved up, eh? Guess I'd better finish mulling...

When do you plan on starting the game, Jab? I go on family vacation from 7/27 to 8/5. I can probably post some if I get in, but If that's going to be an issue, I will keep my name out of the hat.
I was sorta planning on starting it around then, but it'll probably be slow going for a bit. And I really only expect a post a day- I'd honestly get annoyed if people started spam-posting like it was a Crinoverse game. I live on a different coast than many posters, I think.
What coast? I thought you lived in Alberta. That's Mountain Time, isn't it? That puts you an hour behind me (and anyone else in Central Time), and an hour ahead of Batgirl (and anyone else on Pacific Time.)
So how far/behind is he compared to Southeastern Kentucky?
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:03 pm
Arkrite wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:05 pm Criminy... there goes the weekend to work on things.
LOL- sorry. Didn't realize there were others still mulling. Sorry guys! I extended to deadline just past the weekend- I only moved it up because I thought people were mostly done and everyone was posting a lot in here already!
Dude,it's YOU. Everytime you put up a thread(it could even be about you favorite foods!),you get at least 2 pages worth of response's in the first DAY.Besides Ares,i think your(sic) the most Popular person on this site....
Possibly more so. I mean it's Ares' clubhouse, so clearly he's pretty popular. But, damn, the way Jab's threads tend to be...

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Throwing my hat into the ring with a PL8 update of my old concept, Josiah, aka Fire Fist. I got some background to write up and drawing to do.

The name Josiah came from the lyrics of They Call the Wind Mariah (the fire, Joe.)

Think Cyclops, except his focus is a burning hot left hand. He's not especially powerful, but he's skilled and experienced. (PL8/150).
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 pm
If you're west of Wayne County you're in the same time zone as me. If you're in Wayne County or points east, you're an hour ahead of me, and two hours ahead of Jab. This would be the same time zone as most of the eastern U.S. and U.S. Atlantic Coast. The maritime provinces in Canada are even further ahead than that.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:59 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 pm

If you're west of Wayne County you're in the same time zone as me. If you're in Wayne County or points east, you're an hour ahead of me, and two hours ahead of Jab.
Harlan County for me(just before you hit the straight line seperating Kentucky and Tennessee on a map ).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Skaramine wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:58 pm Throwing my hat into the ring with a PL8 update of my old concept, Josiah, aka Fire Fist. I got some background to write up and drawing to do.

The name Josiah came from the lyrics of They Call the Wind Mariah (the fire, Joe.)

Think Cyclops, except his focus is a burning hot left hand. He's not especially powerful, but he's skilled and experienced. (PL8/150).
Hey,it's an Iron Fist Expy!Yay!