Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Batgirl III

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)

Post by Batgirl III »

Given Jab’s input on how he sees Strength Benchmarks working in his universe, I want to try to finesse the math to get Maia’s Lifting Strength down to 12 (100 tons)... I’m still trying to make the math work.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 pm Given Jab’s input on how he sees Strength Benchmarks working in his universe, I want to try to finesse the math to get Maia’s Lifting Strength down to 12 (100 tons)... I’m still trying to make the math work.
Why not just let the Swimming be the high cost power in the array, and just accept that she can't lift so much that she can't move?

I'll be in the same boat, if Hercule gets accepted. Or else I may just make the Array standard (instead of dynamic) and move the lifting out of the Array.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Because knowing I have an “unspent” Power Point just irks my sensibilities as a Roll Caller. :D

It’s certainly the easiest way to accomplish what I’m after though.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Shadowmask wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 pm Tachyon's Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyvkiZV0Ous :P
Well, if we're picking theme songs already, I'm going to have to go with Rū Ana Te Whenua by Alien Weaponry.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I myself think Terrible Tommy by Ryan Horne is a Good choice for Mustang...
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'll rely on good old Johnny Nash.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:30 pm
Shadowmask wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 pm Tachyon's Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyvkiZV0Ous :P
Well, if we're picking theme songs already, I'm going to have to go with Rū Ana Te Whenua by Alien Weaponry.
i thought her song was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPAbx5kgCJo

Please don't hurt me. :oops:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

At least you didn't think it was this one.

Because that wouldn't make sense. She's totally unique and not at all like Aquaman.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ahh that was a good sleep. Now that I am awake, I should have my character up tonight at some point.

Basic pitch is she is a redeemed "villain", formerly of that Ultimate Wrestling League, not evil per we, just enjoyed the combat, but in the ultimate faceturn, took up an offer to join this new team.

Pondering if human or alien.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

In superhero design, the answer to all "this or that" questions is to embrace the power of and.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 pm Ahh that was a good sleep. Now that I am awake, I should have my character up tonight at some point.

Basic pitch is she is a redeemed "villain", formerly of that Ultimate Wrestling League, not evil per we, just enjoyed the combat, but in the ultimate faceturn, took up an offer to join this new team.

Pondering if human or alien.
I'd go with half-human,with more of an "extremely exotic beauty" type of look.Think like a light Blue-skinned Trish Stratus,if that helps any....
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:14 pm
Psistrike wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 pm Well, Gadget Guides state that Quickness only applies to the design part of Invention, not the construction part. So it would still take four hours per power point of the invention to complete building unless you jury-rig it.
Oh, Okay! I don't think I have that book, or at least haven't seen that bit. I assume a lot of people came up with that idea, then, and were treating it like Variable Power, lol :)?
Wait, yeah, a Variable would be perfect for her. One with the Slow flaw, because she needs access to chemicals and biomass for it. It would still have my original idea for the quickness-inventing, which is that she walks into a drug store or a grocery store and becomes a super-speed whirlwind of motion and then she has wings or electricity or or something. I'd just need to take some of her base attributes and make them the "default" usage of her Variable pool. I might be able to have this done by tonight.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 pm In superhero design, the answer to all "this or that" questions is to embrace the power of and.
You forgot But and Or in that Train... :lol:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 pm In superhero design, the answer to all "this or that" questions is to embrace the power of and.
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:37 pm I'd go with half-human,with more of an "extremely exotic beauty" type of look.Think like a light Blue-skinned Trish Stratus,if that helps any....
Both good points, lol!