Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 23rd

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury requires access to laboratories and money to fund her research, so... both?

And she will take California. She would take Hawaii too, but it's been spoken for.
MacynSnow

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 23rd

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 am Doctor Mercury requires access to laboratories and money to fund her research, so... both?

And she will take California. She would take Hawaii too, but it's been spoken for.
Oh yeah! Forgot to mention Mustang'll take what State Mega City is in and whatever State's closest to it(he likes to stay close to home) :D
Jabroniville

The Victory League

Post by Jabroniville »

GM DECISION- THE OFFICIAL ROSTER:

Alright, I think I finally came to a decision. With TWENTY-THREE Submissions posted, I had a hell of a lot of thinking to do. I'm pretty staggered this game has proven to be such a draw already, and I can only hope to match whatever people's expectations are. I REALLY wanted to take more characters- I really did. To the point where I was contemplating staging a MASSIVE force, or running two simultaneous games, which led a handful of you to PM me and post here with "OH GOD NO DON'T TRY THAT!". It'll be better if we start smaller, and see where that takes us. Attrition and stuff can take their toll, which will allow some of the others to get in.

So I've left some of your guys in there as "Alternates"- guys who didn't get picked, but will be the first ones called if somebody has to miss an adventure, quit the group, etc. It'll be up to you if you want to take those roles.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your submissions, PMs and the thoughts about your characters. It's really humbling to have so many people want to get in.

THE VICTORY LEAGUE:
MAKO (Batgirl III)
GALACTICA (EpicEclipse)
THE SHIELD (Arkite)
MUSTANG (MacynSnow)
SEMILLA (Flynnarel)
FLYBY (L-Space)
LA PETIT HERCULE (Ken)
DOCTOR MERCURY (RainontheSun)
THE SILVER WITCH (Psistrike)
SLYCE (Thorpocalypse) -- Thorp has said he'll be away for the start, but that means we can start smaller with nine guys, and have Slyce possibly do a "run-in" at one point in the mission)

ALTERNATES:
* Guys who might be called on for one-offs, temporary members if someone bails, or new members in cases of attrition. These guys were SO GOOD and I just didn't have the room.

TACHYON (Shadowmask) (agh, I feel terrible. You worked hard, but I JUST NOW noticed a few problems with the build, like undercapped defenses & fighting. I really should have checked more carefully, but got overwhelmed by submissions. Terribly sorry- I'd be happy to help you out with this one and use her as an alternate)
THERMAL (Captain Chaos)
FIREFIST (Skaramine)
HELIX (Hawk)
BLINDSPOT (Ghost of Krypton)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel »

I didn't envy your decisions, Jab.

Thank you for the opportunity to be the Rookie-in-over-her-head (tm).
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

That's quite the roster. I also just clued in to the fact Mustang is just as much grapple focused as Galactica is, but interestingly they also have secondary strengths that differ, with Mustang having raw physical power, and Galactica having her kinetic energy field, giving them unique ways to approach combat and to grow.

Best part, they can challenge for the tag championship belts!
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Thanks for the opportunity! I will try not to let the game down. Now I just need to decide how Dr. Mercury feels about the rest of the team. I know she wants to synthesize Mustang's dad's super-serum...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:18 am That's quite the roster. I also just clued in to the fact Mustang is just as much grapple focused as Galactica is, but interestingly they also have secondary strengths that differ, with Mustang having raw physical power, and Galactica having her kinetic energy field, giving them unique ways to approach combat and to grow.

Best part, they can challenge for the tag championship belts!
I just noticed that,as well.I built Mustang off the idea of showing off what my Sambo advantage set can do(i got Hooligan over in Going Rogue for my Boxing stuff),but have a legitimately Good character behind it.While i picture Mustang as more 'Rusev'-like in his Wrestling style(grab and twist a bodypart untill they cry),i see Galactica as using more of a 'Kurt Angle' style(more power-move oriented with a bit of grapple thrown in).With plenty of room to grow for both(we'd give each other utter Fits in a Ring!).

We'd totally destroy the IWL tag division easily! :lol:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:28 am Thanks for the opportunity! I will try not to let the game down. Now I just need to decide how Dr. Mercury feels about the rest of the team. I know she wants to synthesize Mustang's dad's super-serum...
That might be hard to do,as Mustang himself doesn't have a clue how it was created and his dad is....Less than forthcoming with intel on it.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, the brickishness of the team was something I had to consider. Multiple characters were really strong, most around a similar level (the Doctor, Mustang, Galactica, Hercule, etc.), which made me think of both redundancy and stuff. But it can work, both in-story and out. Plus, nobody was REALLY strong for the most part- balanced +9/+9 was the norm, owing to the lower PL.

It kind of fits for some of the potential stories I was thinking of, and it's a very common Jabverse power-set (most of the Legion of Light have some super-strength). For the first story, it'll probably make the first set of battles a total wash :).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thanks for this chance Jab! :D

Looking at our crew,we got some major strength on this team.Mustang,Mako,Hercule and Galactica together could press Hawaii over their heads! :shock:
Add in The Shield's protection to their's and we got some serious crowd protection here...
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:40 am Yeah, the brickishness of the team was something I had to consider. Multiple characters were really strong, most around a similar level (the Doctor, Mustang, Galactica, Hercule, etc.), which made me think of both redundancy and stuff. But it can work, both in-story and out. Plus, nobody was REALLY strong for the most part- balanced +9/+9 was the norm, owing to the lower PL.

It kind of fits for some of the potential stories I was thinking of, and it's a very common Jabverse power-set (most of the Legion of Light have some super-strength). For the first story, it'll probably make the first set of battles a total wash :).
It's funny--I expected Dr. Mercury to be midway between a brick and a speedster, so I didn't give her any tradeoffs at all. I expected the heavy hitters on the team to be putting out 11s or 12s in damage!

Oh, well. At least most of the team athletes can use the same gym. :)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Congratulations to those who were selected. I am honored to be an alternate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:52 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:40 am Yeah, the brickishness of the team was something I had to consider. Multiple characters were really strong, most around a similar level (the Doctor, Mustang, Galactica, Hercule, etc.), which made me think of both redundancy and stuff. But it can work, both in-story and out. Plus, nobody was REALLY strong for the most part- balanced +9/+9 was the norm, owing to the lower PL.

It's funny--I expected Dr. Mercury to be midway between a brick and a speedster, so I didn't give her any tradeoffs at all. I expected the heavy hitters on the team to be putting out 11s or 12s in damage!

Oh, well. At least most of the team athletes can use the same gym. :)
That's gonna be one of the FIRST things put into the Team HQ! Followed shortly by a Laboratory,Living area,and probably a Combat room... :D
Loki

Post by Loki »

Grats to all those that got in, and to all the builds that didn't. Twas some really amazing characters.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:52 am It's funny--I expected Dr. Mercury to be midway between a brick and a speedster, so I didn't give her any tradeoffs at all. I expected the heavy hitters on the team to be putting out 11s or 12s in damage!
Mako’s a bit of an odd duck (kiwi?) for in that she’s actually significantly under capped on her Unarmed Attack and I didn’t give her any grappling-related Advantages. She’s in that weird Wonder Woman tier where she’s stronger than the Batman types, but not as good a fighter. She’s a better fighter than the Superman types, but not as strong.

On the other hand, I have a giant metal fork that summons hurricanes. So that’s nice.
RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:52 am Oh, well. At least most of the team athletes can use the same gym. :)
We’re gonna get a pool, right? (At least a jacuzzi...)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.