Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville »

Alright, we're back in business. I hadn't realized we'd gone so long without a Maynard/GM post- that was like nine days ago, lol. I kinda wanted the team to work some stuff out, then it was Thanksgiving, then Black Friday, then stuff.

I'm handling both Mustang & Flyby for the time being, though it'll be Flyby's last adventure with the squad. Hawk's Helix character will be up semi-shortly, depending on how things go :).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I don't have any problems with Halcyon's "conversation" with Harry.
I can't imagine any good reason to complain about Halcyon swapping identities at this point. In fact, as I suggested it, I was kind of behind the idea to begin with.

Though I would note any time you want to puppet another person's character it's always polite to send a quick PM first. Some people get a little touchy about that, and it's always easier to ask first than to try to sooth feeling after the fact.

I am also laughing about the name of the new alter ego.
The Red Fox.
Considering my love of the Red Panda series I am terribly amused. ;~)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, Macyn told me to play Mustang a while back- I don't think L-Space will mind, but I'll ask him over Facebook :).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

GM's puppetting when players are away is pretty normal. It's not really what I was reffering to. Heck most of the time the players ask for that to happen to keep things going.
Sorry for the confusion.

I mean more PC puppetting PC. Again it's not a big deal most of the time, but I wound up in a situation where I offended somebody pretty bad because my understanding of their character was a bit mistaken. :oops:
After that I've found it's easier to just PM other players with an idea, or leave the posts open so they can answer for themselves.
But that's just my experience.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Yeah I generally try to avoid it because ive been in the same spot, and when I do usually try to ask permission prior to or if as in the earlier post I do my absolute best to keep the interaction brief and as ""in character"" as possible. Its also why when I do it I leave the note at the bottom explaining the intent so that if the player objects I can alter or adjust or roleplay as needed.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Speaking of, I'll be on a trip starting Dec 18th through December 30th. Feel free to keep Rosa in the background.
"Something pithy this way comes."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I am, in fact, still here! If our GM wants to throw any wrinkles at Doctor Mercury back at the lab I'm available for it, but otherwise I'm fine being in the background for a while.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

sorry about the lack of posts. First I forgot now I’ve been busy. I’ll try to chime in later. ‘‘Tis the season. :roll:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

the idea behind using her Expertise is to think like a spy and thief. basically recreate the robbery in her head and how shed go about the crime. getting into the head of the bad guys and profiling them.

the investigations good for finding the clues left behind of course. Was thinking she could gain some insight into the AOA and what they might be after with the other roll. or that it might aid one of the others in some fashion.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:42 am the idea behind using her Expertise is to think like a spy and thief. basically recreate the robbery in her head and how shed go about the crime. getting into the head of the bad guys and profiling them.

the investigations good for finding the clues left behind of course. Was thinking she could gain some insight into the AOA and what they might be after with the other roll. or that it might aid one of the others in some fashion.
I'm not really comfortable with "Espionage" being used in a way that includes "Supervillain smash & grabs" (that's really more "Investigate"), but your Investigate was high enough that you can see that only some rooms were taken. Perhaps reconnoiter with the team or talk on the radio link or whatever, and you can probably piece it together, being the "Wise/Charismatic One" :).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

And I just realized I have no idea what the male cop's name is. Whooops.
The lady is Henderson.

Note to self, introduce self and get names next time. ;~)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:46 am And I just realized I have no idea what the male cop's name is. Whooops.
The lady is Henderson.

Note to self, introduce self and get names next time. ;~)
He was mentioned as being Jason a while back, unless I forgot to do it :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Heh- I’m liking the questions to the NPCs. It’s making me elaborate upon my own backstory for the actual plans of the villains. Now I actually know what their game is :).

Though the “I get attacked by villains all the time” stuff is more backstory for how weird the setting is, so it’s not really meant to be a unique thing. It’s like how in the comics, any rich guy has been attacked by villains every year or so :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

You assumed correctly Flynn. The pressing of the 'SEND' was indicating that Adrian was opening the channel FROM him to everyone else. I assume the comms default to receiving, and have to have the mic activated to pick up one's voice for broadcast.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Helix might want to choose a more distinctive speech color.
"Something pithy this way comes."