For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Not gonna lie, pretty disturbed by the villains' fixation on brown skin
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 am Not gonna lie, pretty disturbed by the villains' fixation on brown skin
Yeah, it's more of a joke on how superheroes are often replaced with minority legacy characters. An industry in-joke, if you will. It's definitely meant to be off-color and disturbing that someone would suggest that :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 am Stuff I Learned:
* Martial artists are actually REALLY annoying opponents for more "balanced" PL 9 super-heroes. Most of y'all have high-damage & toughness, making you very easy to hit for these guys, but REALLY bad at hitting them in turns. I guess it makes sense- even their more average DC 20 "to-hit" scores are enough that a +9 strength guy will miss more than 50% of his punches. The fact that people tend to default to Power Attacking low-toughness opponents doesn't help.

* If these guys had been upgraded even a PL or two, you'd all be in VERY serious trouble.

* I really went "Toughness Heavy" with the team and all its bricks. It made the poor Weapon-Masters have a HELL of a time actually harming anyone. Sadly, the players who DIDN'T max out their defenses got somewhat penalized for it. The game always WAS favoring of higher ST/Toughness, sadly.

* Bricks, while statistically advantageous, tend to be pretty limited in fights, at least in terms of "interesting stuff". So are weapon-fighters, I suppose. I mean, it leaves the tactics pretty simple.
Last November, I tried to explain this. ;-)
Ken wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:14 amThat said, Infinity is not Defense shifted. He's not Toughness shifted either. His Dodge, Parry and Toughness are all 12. He's right at that "sweet spot" where he's a little harder to connect with and a little harder to damage. Personally, I think that spot is rotten. I know a lot of people who favour it, not wanting to go too far either way, but I find it makes you easier to target than the fast guys and easier to damage than the tough guys.
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 am Now It Can Be Told:

* The "Ninjas" thing was gonna be a total Red Herring, but I was expecting the team to investigate- either by splitting up, or by going to Little Osaka first. Depending on how many team members went, there was gonna be stuff there- possibly a super-villain leading the Ninjas or something. It woulda scaled up to the threat.
Honestly, It smelled like a smoked and pickled fish of the family Clupeidae.
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 am * The Hillbilly Territory had several "Action Points" where a character could "set off" part of the story. Anyone wandering around the streets would set it off, as would entering the bar. That's why I was irked when I didn't realize Hercule had gone off on his own, OUTSIDE the truck. It made the "Action Point" late. Nobody was ever gonna see squat by flying around in the air- the Hillbillies were always gonna be holed up in one place or another, waiting to re-take their territory.
You covered it well.
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 am * The Weapon-Masters were always holed up in the barn, ready to face the super-heroes. How many would be waiting by the entrance would depend on who arrived, and in what numbers. I REALLY wasn't expecting Dr. Mercury to just wander in by herself, as the arrival of ANYONE was supposed to set off the aggro of a whole group. This links to the point above, about hero movement and the trickiness of getting everyone together. I didn't want it to look dumb... but since that was the FINAL FIGHT of the session, I didn't want anyone to miss out, so I kind of had to awkwardly jam everyone in there.
Once we got to the neighborhood, it became REALLY obvious that the barn had to be the villains' lair. Even before Adrien encountered the Hillbillies. I had hoped that the non-covert team would have checked it out, but... c'est la vie
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 am So yeah... that's the first adventure! I've set up a handful of potential bits for the next chapter, and offered XP for people (1 is pretty standard, I think). Any advice from more experienced gamers?
1 XP is standard. I have had GMs who don't really grok this; characters in their games tend to advance more quickly.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

My expertise in GMing M&M is pretty limited, but since sacrificing defense lets you raise toughness but does not let you raise Fortitude and Will, I'm pretty sure that toughness shifted characters are less vulnerable to ordinary attacks, which is fair, but more vulnerable to fortitude and will attacks.

The problem is that in the source material there aren't really a lot of targeted fortitude and will attacks. You've got various poisons (which can all be nullified by one point of immunity but don't get me started on that), you've got pressure point strikes, you've got... uh... Psylocke? 90% of the will attacks in comics are somebody putting their hand on their forehead and somebody else goes ow, no attack roll involved. The more attacks like that you add, though, the more attractive defense-shifting becomes.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Because of what i stated earlier(my Temp-move and the resulting month long radio silence),not to mention buring the Midnight Oil to get everything boxed-up,i'm transferring Mustang over to Jab for RP stuff.I want to reiterate that I'M NOT BAILING,i like how this group works,but i won't be able to respond for a while.

That all being said,Todd offer of "Team Bonding" at his Not-Family's Russian Restaurant is open...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

That's too bad, Macyn- good thing Mustang tends to be pretty quiet at times anyhow :).

I've spoken with EpicEclipse, and he will be sitting out at least this next campaign.

If anyone else has to/needs to bail now, I'll understand :). I might activate one of the other characters that was submitted.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I should be in, I've just been really busy and I did something to my right hand and it hurts to type. Hopefully it will get fixed soon and I'll be back to abnormal but right now it's rough. I should know something soon.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"You know they say you should never hit a man in the face with a closed fist, but it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Yeah, I'm just assuming Thorp is doing the Street Fighter thing now.

I'm good. Though work does appear to be trying to kill me... :~/
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm in.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I’ll continue.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

I'm still in.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Oh, uh, I'm in too. Sorry, I didn't realize we were doing a headcount. :oops:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 pm Oh, uh, I'm in too. Sorry, I didn't realize we were doing a headcount. :oops:
Oh no, that’s fine. I wasn’t doing a count; just giving people an excuse to bail if necessary :).
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:39 am "You know they say you should never hit a man in the face with a closed fist, but it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Yeah, I'm just assuming Thorp is doing the Street Fighter thing now.

I'm good. Though work does appear to be trying to kill me... :~/
Yeah, you should see the other 10 guys. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, finally figured out how I'm starting the next adventure- it'll have to be posted tomorrow, though. Not enough time to write it :).