Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ken wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:30 pm Her bark was better than his "bite." :)
Ouch! That one was painful. Good Job.
"Something pithy this way comes."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:11 pm Semilla cringes and lets out a frantic 'EEP!' as the weapon makes contact. She's relieved and a little disbelieving to see/feel the weapon's inertia stopped cold by her outer shell. She looks to the attackers and shakes her head disapprovingly.
Her bark was better than his "bite." :)
If you don't prune back on these puns, we're going to have to ask you to leaf.
Formerly luketheduke86
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

L-Space wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:54 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:11 pm Semilla cringes and lets out a frantic 'EEP!' as the weapon makes contact. She's relieved and a little disbelieving to see/feel the weapon's inertia stopped cold by her outer shell. She looks to the attackers and shakes her head disapprovingly.

Her bark was better than his "bite." :)
If you don't prune back on these puns, we're going to have to ask you to leaf.
That sir,was absolutely horrible!You should be utterly ashamed of even uttering that sentence. *<gives L-Space the Silver Medal of Bad Puns and 1000 Mega-City Dollars while shaking his hand repeatedly>*
:D :lol:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sorry, I wasn't clear in the quoted portion where I made my roll. Feint is normally only against one target, and in the body of the action I mentioned she pointed towards the biggest-looking one there, or failing that, the one with the more menacing looking weapon.

Normally you can use interaction skills on a group equally, I just don't think it is meant to apply to feint, since that could be relatively powerful depending on the build (K'lara certainly isn't built to take advantage of it, lacking Takedown 2 or Set-up)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:13 am Sorry, I wasn't clear in the quoted portion where I made my roll. Feint is normally only against one target, and in the body of the action I mentioned she pointed towards the biggest-looking one there, or failing that, the one with the more menacing looking weapon.

Normally you can use interaction skills on a group equally, I just don't think it is meant to apply to feint, since that could be relatively powerful depending on the build (K'lara certainly isn't built to take advantage of it, lacking Takedown 2 or Set-up)
Okay, that would probably be Axe, who has by far the biggest weapon. He failed anyway. You owe me that 60 seconds of rolling back :).

I think it's possible we have maybe jumped the gun in turns, what with three going on simultaneously, but I came up with some decisions as to how far away everyone is. The super-strong guys are stuck against the entire Weapon-Masters team for the time being :).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Oh and since I forgot about it last time, will use Favored Environment to add a +2 to my defense.
Is that advantage only when both Flyby and his opponent are in the air or anytime he's flying? The first indicates a maneuverability and superiority in aerial combat, makes sense, the second ('anytime he's flying') is... hella powerful for 1 ppt.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:13 pm
Oh and since I forgot about it last time, will use Favored Environment to add a +2 to my defense.
Is that advantage only when both Flyby and his opponent are in the air or anytime he's flying? The first indicates a maneuverability and superiority in aerial combat, makes sense, the second ('anytime he's flying') is... hella powerful for 1 ppt.
That's what I generally thought "Favored Environment: Aerial" meant, fully aerial combat environment. Elsewise it's an environment you can create yourself with ease.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Okay, doing better now after a bottle of Pedialyte Advanced Care and two bottles of the regular stuff. Over the worst of it and actually have gotten some restful sleep. Still, a ways to go before completely over it but at least I don't feel like I was hit by something anymore. :)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Psistrike wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:57 pm Okay, doing better now after a bottle of Pedialyte Advanced Care and two bottles of the regular stuff. Over the worst of it and actually have gotten some restful sleep. Still, a ways to go before completely over it but at least I don't feel like I was hit by something anymore. :)
I'm glad you're feeling better and are on the mend.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

L-Space wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:31 pm I just thought, has anyone in the bar said they got into a fight? Reason I'm wondering is because Sawyer is flying to Herc's location, but I have Shield's...well shield.. with me. :? :lol:
Is Flyby still carrying Harry's shield? Is it maybe strapped to his back?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:27 pm
L-Space wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:31 pm I just thought, has anyone in the bar said they got into a fight? Reason I'm wondering is because Sawyer is flying to Herc's location, but I have Shield's...well shield.. with me. :? :lol:
I don't think we have, but now that Skeeter and his boys have stopped swinging, I was going to hip the other two on what was going on later tonight since I have a comm. We'll be heading that way shortly.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:27 pm
Yea, that's what I've been assuming. Just havent really found a way to reference it in game.
Formerly luketheduke86
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[3pp] Relentless: Regeneration 5 (Every other round), Source (Dealing damage)
I thought this means K'lara had to deal damage on two consecutive rounds to heal once.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:29 pm
[3pp] Relentless: Regeneration 5 (Every other round), Source (Dealing damage)
I thought this means K'lara had to deal damage on two consecutive rounds to heal once.
That is mostly correct, just missing some nuance (Though that would partially be my fault because "dealing damage" is a little vague). I discussed the power with Jab when I submitted K'lara and explained "dealing damage" means objects as well, not just people, however, in either case, it must be "in earnest", so as a result, can largely only be used in combat, or when feeling intense emotion to convey conviction while destroying something.
ear·nest1
ˈərnəst
adjective
resulting from or showing sincere and intense conviction.
So...if while infiltrating somewhere, she smashed a grate to continue her progress, it wouldn't mean anything. Likewise just going and punching a window, or knocking over a vase or something wouldn't really matter. She needs to be hyped up for some purpose or another. Combat is the most likely scenario for this, though she might just start tearing up a room in anger over something, this would also count as "in earnest".

The weaknesses of this are obviously removing her ability to damage anything or taking her by surprise. She obviously can't regenerate while unconscious either, so knocking her out will cease any regeneration. Some emotional control could also theoretically counter this, weakening her ability to feel the conviction that really makes this power work.

On her entry into the barn in the previous turn, she smashed through the window/wall earnestly as her entry into this combat.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Both attacks hit dead centre , badly injuring both men. Axe is Staggered (13 vs 24), but resists the grab (like 24, lol), while Flail is merely dazed (18), but gets grabbed.
You mean Spear and Flail? Axe went after Hercule, so despite him taking the feint, K'lara let it go to focus on the guys grouping up on her position.