Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:39 am "..." he pauses. "Can anyone get her down from the wall?" The yellow one, wielding his spear, comes up and tries a few ineffectual pokes and where your blurry image seems to be. A guy in brown takes a few swings with a large flail. "Nope. Can't reach". With that, he looks at a guy in dark green, carrying a bag full of javelins. He looks back, just as all twelve other men look straight at him.

"... *sigh*. F*ck's sake." Javelin mutters. "I knew we shouldn't have rejected Atlatl."
Oh God! This had me doubled over with laughter. :D :D :D :D
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

He's going to try and Intimidate the Hillibillies into backing down. I think I can only direct it at Skeeter since they're not minions. So...

Intimidation: 1D20+11 = [1]+11 = 12

Nat 1. Seriously...

Half of Slyce's movement should be enough to get over to Shield, or at least close.
Halcyon will officially never let Xavion live this down the next time she sees him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:44 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:39 am "..." he pauses. "Can anyone get her down from the wall?" The yellow one, wielding his spear, comes up and tries a few ineffectual pokes and where your blurry image seems to be. A guy in brown takes a few swings with a large flail. "Nope. Can't reach". With that, he looks at a guy in dark green, carrying a bag full of javelins. He looks back, just as all twelve other men look straight at him.

"... *sigh*. F*ck's sake." Javelin mutters. "I knew we shouldn't have rejected Atlatl."
Oh God! This had me doubled over with laughter. :D :D :D :D
Yeah this had me LOLing too :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sorry I haven't posted recently, been sick since about 3 am Saturday morning. Went to the hospital and after almost six hours find out it is viral gastroenteritis aka the stomach flu. In bad shape here, will try to get a post up when I can think more clearly. Only had about 4 and a half hours sleep since this started.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Psistrike wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:59 am Sorry I haven't posted recently, been sick since about 3 am Saturday morning. Went to the hospital and after almost six hours find out it is viral gastroenteritis aka the stomach flu. In bad shape here, will try to get a post up when I can think more clearly. Only had about 4 and a half hours sleep since this started.
Ugh...hate those. :( Feel better soon!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Psistrike wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:59 am Sorry I haven't posted recently, been sick since about 3 am Saturday morning. Went to the hospital and after almost six hours find out it is viral gastroenteritis aka the stomach flu. In bad shape here, will try to get a post up when I can think more clearly. Only had about 4 and a half hours sleep since this started.
Those are Fugly to deal with,just get better soon!
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Adrien's initiative is a 15 to Makiko's 12, so if he's present for the barn fight, he and most of the weapon masters should go first, right? I don't want to jump the gun.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Psistrike wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:59 amSorry I haven't posted recently, been sick since about 3 am Saturday morning. Went to the hospital and after almost six hours find out it is viral gastroenteritis aka the stomach flu. In bad shape here, will try to get a post up when I can think more clearly. Only had about 4 and a half hours sleep since this started.
Get some rest. We all hope you feel better soon.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:27 am Adrien's initiative is a 15 to Makiko's 12, so if he's present for the barn fight, he and most of the weapon masters should go first, right? I don't want to jump the gun.
Galactica is also going to be jumping over at the end of the same round Herc moved over to the barn, so will be arriving at the end of the round of the barn battle on initiative 8 as well, I'm just waiting for the outside battle to catch up with what the hillbillies do before I post.

With all these battles going on at the same time, we need to be careful about any battle moving through rounds too quickly, because timing can be important for any moving between battles.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ouch, that sucks. You want anyone to roll for you while you're indisposed, or just hold off? I don't mind waiting- things can get a little hectic with tons of posts, so a bit of a wait can be a good thing :).

PS everyone, Psistrike also PMed me that I messed up the toughness saves on the Hillbilly Leader and Nunchaku- both guys are actually Staggered, not Dazed. I misread the Damage Table, forgetting that the first failure is missing by LESS than five, not MORE than five.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:48 am
Ouch, that sucks. You want anyone to roll for you while you're indisposed, or just hold off? I don't mind waiting- things can get a little hectic with tons of posts, so a bit of a wait can be a good thing :).

PS everyone, Psistrike also PMed me that I messed up the toughness saves on the Hillbilly Leader and Nunchaku- both guys are actually Staggered, not Dazed. I misread the Damage Table, forgetting that the first failure is missing by LESS than five, not MORE than five.
I made that same mistake a few months ago. :oops:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Alright, I decided Galactica & LPH should arrive right about now (as Javelin wastes a turn hitting nothing :)). Make your statements and stuff. Also y'all now have Skeeter and two injured Hillbillies on your side.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I was waiting almost like, 24 hours to post that entry :D
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 am
He's going to try and Intimidate the Hillibillies into backing down. I think I can only direct it at Skeeter since they're not minions. So...

Intimidation: 1D20+11 = [1]+11 = 12

Nat 1. Seriously...

Half of Slyce's movement should be enough to get over to Shield, or at least close.
Halcyon will officially never let Xavion live this down the next time she sees him :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank goodness for a bad roll for Skeeter or I wouldn't have me live this down either. :D

Along those lines, did we lose BGIII for the time being? I haven't seen her posting anywhere for a while.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ken

Post by Ken »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:11 pm Semilla cringes and lets out a frantic 'EEP!' as the weapon makes contact. She's relieved and a little disbelieving to see/feel the weapon's inertia stopped cold by her outer shell. She looks to the attackers and shakes her head disapprovingly.
Her bark was better than his "bite." :)

Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:25 pm Along those lines, did we lose BGIII for the time being? I haven't seen her posting anywhere for a while.
Yeah, she seems to have gone missing about a fortnight ago. She posted several times on the 5th and then... *POOF*