Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel »

L-Space wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:57 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:25 pm
L-Space wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 pm
Whelp, Sawyer just found the new nickname he's going to use for Thorp's character. :D
All I read was "Blah blah Sawyer doesn't like breathing anymore, blah."
Sawyer is smart enough to use such nicknames while hovering a safe distance overhead :).
He has to land to sleep sometime.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:25 pm
L-Space wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 pm
Whelp, Sawyer just found the new nickname he's going to use for Thorp's character. :D
All I read was "Blah blah Sawyer doesn't like breathing anymore, blah."
:lol: :lol:
Yeah,i think Slyce(aside from maybe Silver Witch, Doc Mercury or Semallia(?)) is the only person in the Crew that can get hrough Mustang's hide(which,if i'm not mistaken,is the highest Protection in the VL right now).The reason i say this is multi-fold:
--a fight between Mako&Todd(if on dry land) would result in him just overpowering her...
--A fight between Mustang and any other Strength based people(Hercule,Galactica,The Shield) ends in "No Contests'...
--Flyby could possibility be caught and Powerslamed if he swung by too close...

The only person that could "take out" Mustang at his own game if Slyce,due mostly to the Claws.Check out the math,it paint's a rather intresting Group Combat Dynamic...
Aw, Slyce can take a joke. Don't think he won't have something for Sawyer, though. ;)

It's possible Slyce could take most anyway in the team in a straight up old-school melee fight, but that's all he can do. He wouldn't stand much of a chance against anyone with ranged effects or versatility like the Silver Witch or Doc Mercury. Mustang's probably too mobile for him in the long run, too. Same for Galactica.

He's a one trick pony, just like I wanted him to be. He can hack, slash and soak up damage, just like the old Canucklehead. I actually almost named him Carcajou, but I thought that was a little too on the nose. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 pm Yeah,i think Slyce(aside from maybe Silver Witch, Doc Mercury or Semallia(?)) is the only person in the Crew that can get through Mustang's hide
I get the feeling I've missed something.

Mustang's Impervious is 10 ranks, right? And 3rd Editions rules means that you're immune to anything that does 5 damage or less, so everybody should be able to scuff him up a little bit.

But by an large I've learned the hard way: Never underestimate the dice.

I've managed to win fights in a few games against super villains I had no right to be in the same room as due to nothing but dumb luck! ;~)

I've also had my attempts at some awesome moments kind of hamstrung :oops:
Nothing like a critical failure at the wrong time to bring defeat from the jaws of victory.
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm Which was a real shame,as i perfered Cherry Slyce over regular....:P
With those claws? He's going to look like Cherry Slyce after one fight ;~)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 pm The only person that could "take out" Mustang at his own game if Slyce,due mostly to the Claws.Check out the math,it paint's a rather intresting Group Combat Dynamic...
Eh, by the numbers, Mustang and Galactica are pretty similar, so it would come down to the dice. If she got him in a grapple, it would be a little tougher to break out, but her Improved Trip would be the most annoying thing for him to deal with since he has only a +3 to defend if she chooses acrobatics for him to defend with, though tripping doesn't really accomplish much.

So it would ultimately be a long, drawn out sparring match, but where Galactica has an edge is that she recovers when she does damage, so she has somewhat better staying power because of that.

Long and short, it would be a very boring fight.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:29 am But by an large I've learned the hard way: Never underestimate the dice.

I've managed to win fights in a few games against super villains I had no right to be in the same room as due to nothing but dumb luck! ;~)

I've also had my attempts at some awesome moments kind of hamstrung :oops:
Nothing like a critical failure at the wrong time to bring defeat from the jaws of victory.
This is 100% truth. When Jab ran his Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter tournament I beat his Goro with Dan (of all people) And there was a 3 PL difference!
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Alright, SO... with Silver Witch moving y'all, you will arrive wherever you want to be within one round, so after the next round, you can all roll Initiative and join in the fun.

As you can see, the Hillbillies aren't exceptionally accurate, but aren't under "Minion Rules", so taking them out will take a few shots each, at least.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Just gonna put this here.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am Just gonna put this here.
That's ONE way to get in a locked room! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Well, Flyby said he was going to pack the shield around, but he hasn't mentioned it since.
I figure there's a 50/50 chance he left it back at the base ;~)

Guessing that it's Shield's turn to act?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Yep! Let 'em have it,"Old Man" :D
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Hey Jab, I think that the hillbilky hit. Without his shield Harry's defense is 15
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 pm Hey Jab, I think that the hillbilky hit. Without his shield Harry's defense is 15
Oh shit, you made him WAY more toughness-shifted than I thought. I assumed he was as tough as he was strong. Okay, DC 19 toughness check then :).
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:12 pm Well, Flyby said he was going to pack the shield around, but he hasn't mentioned it since.
I figure there's a 50/50 chance he left it back at the base ;~)

Guessing that it's Shield's turn to act?
I was actually waiting for an affirmative from you, wasn't sure if you would trust him with the shield lol. But yea, he would have brought it, when else is he going to get to shield bash someone? ;)
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 pm Yeah,i think Slyce(aside from maybe Silver Witch, Doc Mercury or Semallia(?)) is the only person in the Crew that can get hrough Mustang's hide(which,if i'm not mistaken,is the highest Protection in the VL right now).The reason i say this is multi-fold:
--a fight between Mako&Todd(if on dry land) would result in him just overpowering her...
--A fight between Mustang and any other Strength based people(Hercule,Galactica,The Shield) ends in "No Contests'...

The only person that could "take out" Mustang at his own game if Slyce,due mostly to the Claws.Check out the math,it paint's a rather intresting Group Combat Dynamic...
Second highest. Adrien's 12 Toughness, and Todd's a 10 I believe, at least on the copy of him I found. That said, I think a fight between them wouldn't so much end up in a draw as it would be an entertaining fight with the victor unclear, dependent on rolls and tactics.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:01 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 pm Yeah,i think Slyce(aside from maybe Silver Witch, Doc Mercury or Semallia(?)) is the only person in the Crew that can get hrough Mustang's hide(which,if i'm not mistaken,is the highest Protection in the VL right now).The reason i say this is multi-fold:

Second highest. Adrien's 12 Toughness, and Todd's a 10 I believe, at least on the copy of him I found. That said, I think a fight between them wouldn't so much end up in a draw as it would be an entertaining fight with the victor unclear, dependent on rolls and tactics.
Harry is Toughness 11. Third highest.

And if Galactica uses her Kinetic Field, she's got the highest Toughenss.

And, upon rechecking Ariana with her force field matches Herc, and Rosa matches Harry.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.