Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shadowmask

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 23rd

Post by Shadowmask »

More than enough for East Coast, West Coast and Gulf Coast teams.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Shadowmask wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:57 am More than enough for East Coast, West Coast and Gulf Coast teams.
Ah,so your thinking of the Youngblood/Team Youngblood analogy...much as i dislike the lefield art style,i liked his Concept for the whole Youngblood Program.Still think Black Widow's 'Avengers Network' idea worked better,but to each their own..... ;)
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

If the threat of insanity would make Menagerie a deal-breaker, I will change her character to avoid it.

But, as it happens, I won't be able to finish her up by deadline and I think Jab has a full dance card as it is. I just can't seem to make the math work with the meta. If both time and inspiration strike at some point, I will complete Menagerie and offer her up gratis as a free NPC for the game later. Consider it a thanks for years of wonderful characters, Jab. :D

Good Luck with the game, future heroes!
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
- Hunter S. Thompson
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Shadowmask wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:57 am More than enough for East Coast, West Coast and Gulf Coast teams.
Clearly, its the Legion of Superheroes we should be looking to for inspiration. Jab can accept all 23 submitted characters, but only three of us will ever get any dialog or character development. The others will just pose dramatically in the background.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:39 am
Clearly, its the Legion of Superheroes we should be looking to for inspiration. Jab can accept all 23 submitted characters, but only three of us will ever get any dialog or character development. The others will just pose dramatically in the background.
You know the thought just occurred to me(and i don't know why it didn't beforehand),but why not treat all those NOT selected for the Active Team as having an Internship? I remember one of Jab's questions being why our PC's might need to be away temporarily,so having all the non-actives be Interns storywise would let us fill missing places faster....
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

It's enough for four sentai teams, if one of them doesn't have a Mysterious Sixth Ranger.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:54 am It's enough for four sentai teams, if one of them doesn't have a Mysterious Sixth Ranger.
Or like, two PT Super Dino Charger teams. :P
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The obvious solution is for us to get two or three more Jabroniville's. Maybe his cousins Jabroniburg and Jabronitown are available?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Or like the 50 State Initiative, each hero can be assigned two states. Tachyon call dibs on Tennessee and Kentucky. :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:58 am The obvious solution is for us to get two or three more Jabroniville's. Maybe his cousins Jabroniburg and Jabronitown are available?
What about his sister,jabronicity? Or is she still seeing that Smuck Goblindeberg?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:53 am
You know the thought just occurred to me(and i don't know why it didn't beforehand),but why not treat all those NOT selected for the Active Team as having an Internship? I remember one of Jab's questions being why our PC's might need to be away temporarily,so having all the non-actives be Interns storywise would let us fill missing places faster....
What I'm kind of thinking is having the option for "Alternates"- a handful of guys who can be swapped in for someone being away. Also, attrition is ALWAYS a thing in games like this, which I thankfully built into the "fluff" of the campaign (ie. there's a general public sentiment that teams like this always fall apart, so people dropping out actually makes sense in-universe :)). This means that I can offer anyone who doesn't make it a spot.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Shadowmask wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:15 am Or like the 50 State Initiative, each hero can be assigned two states. Tachyon call dibs on Tennessee and Kentucky. :D
Helix will take Hawaii, since he was stationed there when he was active duty. He will take whichever other state you want him to have. :D
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:35 am

What I'm kind of thinking is having the option for "Alternates"- a handful of guys who can be swapped in for someone being away. Also, attrition is ALWAYS a thing in games like this, which I thankfully built into the "fluff" of the campaign (ie. there's a general public sentiment that teams like this always fall apart, so people dropping out actually makes sense in-universe :)). This means that I can offer anyone who doesn't make it a spot.
Sounds good.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:35 am

Yeah that does sound better than my Intern idea.So....We gonna be paid by the HuMayne(like The Avengers) or doing it for free but with acess to cool stuff(like Richmond's Defenders)?
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Tachyon will take the cash. "Keep those new fangled doohickies away from me, son! Do ah look like a college egghead ta ya?"