Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 26th

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jeeze, this group is turning into Suicide Squad, just without the bomb collars.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:08 am Jeeze, this group is turning into Suicide Squad, just without the bomb collars.
Well, we may not be the A team of heroes, but we are fun. :lol:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:08 am Jeeze, this group is turning into Suicide Squad, just without the bomb collars.
Ah,but unlike Suicide Squad,only 6 of them would possibly go Bar-hopping together, mostly as a form of Solidarity,as you noticed Mustang never ounce took a drink of Beer in any of those sence's.Just because you go to a Bar,doesn't mean you have to drink Alcohol... :D
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

(Oddly the music is still playing over the brawl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIOOwhmkoLo)

Even with her head filled with the most pleasant buzz from all the brews,Tachyon was not satisfied with going back and forth to the bar for refills, settled with snatching those left on the few tables that hadn't been wrecked, including Mako's. As she did so, Tachy made sure to disarm some of those clods who stood in her path. She only slowed down enough to stop in front of the small DJ booth and danced to the music.

"Now. now boys. Y'all can look but ain't gonna touch at this hotness, sugahs." she bragged with a slur in her voice.
Last edited by Shadowmask on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm From what i can figure out,our "Bar Room Heroes" are:
Mustang, Helix, Galactica and Tachyon

I missed anybody,let me know,as this could be a rather Violent bunch of Drunks...
Theseus can't get drunk either. Sometimes being immortal seems like it's not all that fun.
Like they say, who wants to live forever?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:12 am
Shadowmask wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 am "YEEEE HAWWW!!!!!" whooped Tachy as she ran around the dance floor, dodging beer bottles and chrome stools that were being thrown her way as well as fists. "Ya can't touch this!" She zoomed past some of the brawlers, her body a blur, and helped herself to the beer taps, draining one mug after another. Four in five seconds She gazed blearily at her companions as she nimbly dodged a charging trucker. She staggered for a moment before running to the other side of the bar .

She yelled at Maaco....Mako: "Hey Lilo! I betcha ya be wishin' yer little blue buddy, Stitch was 'ere ta help ya out!"

Looking over at Tachy after throwing another Trucker over the Bar(this was the last time he let her pick the Bar.How many Trucker's were IN this State anyway?!),Mustang say's to the other's that went with them(besides Mako,there was Hercule,Galactica,Helix and Dr.Mercury)
"Come On,we can't very well let her get beat-up in here....."
"Où préféreriez-vous she get beaten up? Outside, mais non."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

It’s just a wee bar brawl. So long as nobody pulls a knife or a death-ray, we’re all friends in the morning.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Ariana couldn't believe it, she avoided going to college to not get dragged into this situation. Yet here she was, designated driver for her teammates as they get smashed at bar after bar. Eventually having to carry at least one of them out on a silver construct stretcher to the van, she just knew when they woke up in the morning she would be playing babysitter for any with a hangover. Darn it, this was taking away from her catching up on One Piece! Her mom is right, she is too nice for her own good sometimes.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Psistrike wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:00 am Ariana couldn't believe it, she avoided going to college to not get dragged into this situation. Yet here she was, designated driver for her teammates as they get smashed at bar after bar. Eventually having to carry at least one of them out on a silver construct stretcher to the van, she just knew when they woke up in the morning she would be playing babysitter for any with a hangover. Darn it, this was taking away from her catching up on One Piece! Her mom is right, she is too nice for her own good sometimes.
*an hour or so later*
Between Mustang, Hercule and Helix they managed to get the girls into the van. "Thanks for the Help,Herc,Helix.Really appreciate you guy's agreeing to come with tonight...." grunting,the Mega City native and Apache Brave placed Tachy and Mako into a seat(being as gentle as they could),getting out of the way quickly while the smaller Frenchman did the same for Galactica.

Letting Hercule and Helix get in before him,Todd says to Ariana as he taps the side of the Van
"Ready to go home when you are,Silver!...."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh geez- you're all RPing ALREADY??? I'm gonna have to call recruitment off early thanks to the fairly large amount of submissions, and get to the story before you run away with this topic, lol.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:01 am Oh geez- you're all RPing ALREADY??? I'm gonna have to call recruitment off early thanks to the fairly large amount of submissions, and get to the story before you run away with this topic, lol.
Dude,don't! We were just doing this to set-up possible Group/Teammate Dynamics.It worked great for the "Toys Will Be Toys" Game,as it set how everyone would play their characters.Consider it a VICTORY LEAGUE:Ashcan #1,if you will...no super fights happen,but you learn how the Characters come across....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hawk wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm HELIX(James Crow Horse)
HELIX: Okay, a Powerhouse with some "Tactile Telekinesis" aspects? I can get behind that. He's of the same tribe as the Proudstars from X-fame, too :)!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:08 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:01 am Oh geez- you're all RPing ALREADY??? I'm gonna have to call recruitment off early thanks to the fairly large amount of submissions, and get to the story before you run away with this topic, lol.
Dude,don't! We were just doing this to set-up possible Group/Teammate Dynamics.It worked great for the "Toys Will Be Toys" Game,as it set how everyone would play their characters.Consider it a VICTORY LEAGUE:Ashcan #1,if you will...no super fights happen,but you learn how the Characters come across....
haha, Okay. I just panic every time I see a huge number in my "Notifications" already, and figured people were getting squirrelly.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:14 am
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:08 am
haha, Okay. I just panic every time I see a huge number in my "Notifications" already, and figured people were getting squirrelly.
Nah,we're just Entertaining ourselves while we wait.... :D
EpicEclipse

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 19th

Post by EpicEclipse »

We should probably ease off it though. It can be off-putting to see these kinds of connections forming to people who haven't submitted yet since they might feel pressured to fit into the psudo-narritive, as non-canon as it is.

Can also create situations where we really want particular people in and end up missing out on other good characters because of it.