Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 pm Given Jab’s input on how he sees Strength Benchmarks working in his universe, I want to try to finesse the math to get Maia’s Lifting Strength down to 12 (100 tons)... I’m still trying to make the math work.
I just find it weird that someone who's only ST 3 can lift 100 tons for any reason. Maybe the waves are helping her?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 pm In superhero design, the answer to all "this or that" questions is to embrace the power of and.
I'm not quite sure how to make that work, with this costume...

Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Oh, that's easy. Schumacher costume-nipples.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, builds that don't fit my templates weird me out. I NEVER alt Strength off of anything ever, except for cases like Ultra Boy. but I understand y'all are all under budget requirements, which I've never suffered from, and can't always cram everything in :).

I really hate "Enhanced Strength/Stamina" listed under Powers, just for math reasons. At LEAST put a "/" in their abilities for it :).
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:23 am Oh, that's easy. Schumacher costume-nipples.
Or cut out to show his own nipples. :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:44 am Man, builds that don't fit my templates weird me out. I NEVER alt Strength off of anything ever, except for cases like Ultra Boy. but I understand y'all are all under budget requirements, which I've never suffered from, and can't always cram everything in :).

I really hate "Enhanced Strength/Stamina" listed under Powers, just for math reasons. At LEAST put a "/" in their abilities for it :).
The more he lifts, the slower he moves. And, Enhanced STR and STA not listed under powers.

And the current write-up is here.
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:20 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 pm Given Jab’s input on how he sees Strength Benchmarks working in his universe, I want to try to finesse the math to get Maia’s Lifting Strength down to 12 (100 tons)... I’m still trying to make the math work.
I just find it weird that someone who's only ST 3 can lift 100 tons for any reason. Maybe the waves are helping her?
It's a long established trope of the superhero genre that most characters will regularly lift far in excess of how hard they hit. It's also pretty well established that superheroes can't move at full speed (and sometimes they cannot move at all) when they're carrying their heaviest loads.

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:21 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 pm In superhero design, the answer to all "this or that" questions is to embrace the power of and.
I'm not quite sure how to make that work, with this costume...

You could adopt the classic Greco-Roman wrestling singlet (seen below). Heck, maybe you could have different costumes for cold weather, temperate weather, and warm weather. It'll help HuMayne Toys sell more action figures.

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

He is French- perhaps the Eurotrash/clubbing mesh shirt?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

This is what I am working with for my extraterrestrial fighting leaguer. (May alter her skin color...havent' decided yet, but the red evokes a kind of passionate personality that I am evisioning)

Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Hawk wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:52 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:23 am Oh, that's easy. Schumacher costume-nipples.
Or cut out to show his own nipples. :lol:
Tachyon doesn't mind the exposure of man boobs. ;)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:28 am This is what I am working with for my extraterrestrial fighting leaguer. (May alter her skin color...havent' decided yet, but the red evokes a kind of passionate personality that I am evisioning)
Maybe her alien species evolved from an ancestral species that had to communicate visually before they developed the need to do so audibly? Thus as a vestigial trait, the entire modern species now has a sort of "mood ring" skin pigmentation. When she's calm and collected, she's a light shade of blue; when she's enraged or aggressive, she's a vibrant red; when she's envious or covetous, she's a light green...

Maybe rare members of her species have a disorder that keeps their pigmentation locked into a certain color and they're all kind of regarded as being akin to autistic, instead of not being able to understand the emotional and social cues of others, the problem is that no one in society can understand the emotional cues of the monochrome individual.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

That's a really cool idea and definitely worth consideration if I can work it in!
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:56 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:28 am This is what I am working with for my extraterrestrial fighting leaguer. (May alter her skin color...havent' decided yet, but the red evokes a kind of passionate personality that I am evisioning)
Maybe her alien species evolved from an ancestral species that had to communicate visually before they developed the need to do so audibly? Thus as a vestigial trait, the entire modern species now has a sort of "mood ring" skin pigmentation. When she's calm and collected, she's a light shade of blue; when she's enraged or aggressive, she's a vibrant red; when she's envious or covetous, she's a light green...

Maybe rare members of her species have a disorder that keeps their pigmentation locked into a certain color and they're all kind of regarded as being akin to autistic, instead of not being able to understand the emotional and social cues of others, the problem is that no one in society can understand the emotional cues of the monochrome individual.
Which would be inverted in human society, with her finding humans horribly difficult to understand the emotions of but humans having no particular problem understanding hers.
Fascinating idea.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:08 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:56 am

Which would be inverted in human society, with her finding humans horribly difficult to understand the emotions of but humans having no particular problem understanding hers.
Fascinating idea.
It's a great "Fish out of Water" or "John Cartering" concept for Humanoid Aliens.In the Original TV run of Teen Titans,they had Starfire learn Earth English by Kissing Robin....