Interest Thread- The Jabverse

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nunya B

Re: Interest Thread- The Jabverse

Post by Nunya B »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am Kreuzritter told me to have an "Elevator Pitch" for the game. So I narrowed it down to the summed-up version: In a world with a Justice League/Avengers, you're The Defenders. A rich guy/super-enthusiast is backing you, and now you have to prove yourselves in a world that's cynical about these "lower-tier" teams.
Question: Does this backing imply an additional equipment budget, just a free team base and/or team vehicle, or is it purely backstory?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am Kreuzritter told me to have an "Elevator Pitch" for the game. So I narrowed it down to the summed-up version: In a world with a Justice League/Avengers, you're The Defenders. A rich guy/super-enthusiast is backing you, and now you have to prove yourselves in a world that's cynical about these "lower-tier" teams.
Question: Does this backing imply an additional equipment budget, just a free team base and/or team vehicle, or is it purely backstory?
Yeah,i'm curious about it too.To quote Wang Chi from Big Trouble in Little China "I'm just a Poor ol'Boy,you know?..." :lol:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I'm extremely tempted to make a full-blown wizard character, both because I'm currently playing two very physical characters in other supers games (so it'd be a nice change of pace) and because I know how much the archetype annoys Jab (and it'd be fun to play within his Jabverse's house rules on the matter). I just need to figure out a "hook" that makes the character something other than a Zatanna Expy.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:40 pm
Nunya B wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 pm
Yeah,i'm curious about it too.To quote Wang Chi from Big Trouble in Little China "I'm just a Poor ol'Boy,you know?..." :lol:
Hes just a poor boy from a poor family :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:09 am I'm extremely tempted to make a full-blown wizard character, both because I'm currently playing two very physical characters in other supers games (so it'd be a nice change of pace) and because I know how much the archetype annoys Jab (and it'd be fun to play within his Jabverse's house rules on the matter). I just need to figure out a "hook" that makes the character something other than a Zatanna Expy.
If i might aid you upon your quest to annoy Jab...have you ever played the card game Magic:The Gathering? They have a very fine selection of Wizard "Themes" for your perusal.... :evil:
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'm very interested. I may have missed it in the post somewhere, but did you say how many players you'd be accepting?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Supernaturalist wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 am I'm very interested. I may have missed it in the post somewhere, but did you say how many players you'd be accepting?
Has stated any yet,as this is just an intrest thread.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 pm And I mean, Ken has often intimated to me about how much he thinks that the Wall should be on the northern border, not the south.
Yeah, along I-80. ;)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Thought of a question, which city would our team be located in?
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Not to heap more on, but I am also interested in this.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Just to reiterate, I work a full time job, and don't have the ability to do long responses all day long :). so I'll have to do a mass series of replies all at once, to everyone.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:28 am Just to reiterate, I work a full time job, and don't have the ability to do long responses all day long :). so I'll have to do a mass series of replies all at once, to everyone.
That's pretty standard, so no worries :)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Psistrike wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:08 am Thought of a question, which city would our team be located in?
JABRONIVILLE

Duh... ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 am
Psistrike wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:08 am Thought of a question, which city would our team be located in?
JABRONIVILLE

Duh... ;)
Couldn't we have set up shop in a classier place?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 am
JABRONIVILLE

Duh... ;)
Couldn't we have set up shop in a classier place?
JABRONISTERSHIRE?