Nunya B

Re: Interest Thread- The Jabverse

Post by Nunya B »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:10 am
Nunya B wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 am

JABRONIVILLE

Duh... ;)
Couldn't we have set up shop in a classier place?
JABRONISTERSHIRE?
I said classier, not Britisher.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

British = Classier. Scientific fact. *nod*
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabropolis? Just across the bay from beautiful Gothjab City?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:55 am Jabropolis? Just across the bay from beautiful Gothjab City?
LoL, Nice one Batgirl
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Maybe buck the standard comic book trend of having us in a big city?

We could defend the people visiting Jabronistone Park from the dangerous criminal mastermind that wants to steal their picnic baskets.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yipes- okay, gimme a minute. This thread and my PM inbox both got REALLY busy, so it'll take me a while to respond to everything.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 am Yipes- okay, gimme a minute. This thread and my PM inbox both got REALLY busy, so it'll take me a while to respond to everything.
Ha! Haha! We lay upon you the fell curse of enthusiastic public response! Now, suffer under this torment of your own making!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm How does the Jabverse handle time-travel?

Not in the game-ruining way of a character who can actively hop through time on a whim; I’m thinking for an origin story of a character who came from the distant future but, due to shenanigans, cannot return to their native time. Sort of a Booster Gold situation.
It can HAPPEN, but it's about the rarest thing in the universe. No hero or villain has access to it, and even Cosmic Beings, Alien Intelligences and Brilliant Robots don't use it. It's happened before- the hero Cyber-Samurai (similar to, but legally distinct from, the Rifts O.C.C.) was time-tossed from his feudal Japan era and brought to modern times. The Legion of Light has teamed up with the Legion of Liberty in another time-caper.

But it's so rare that someone tossed through time is basically trapped forever.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 pm I am SO interested, it's unbelievable. I've already started plans to start sabotaging everyone else so I can get in. :twisted:

Did I mention how much BGIII talks trash about your builds on other threads?

And I mean, Ken has often intimated to me about how much he thinks that the Wall should be on the northern border, not the south.

And I could have sworn I saw Psitrike saying how he had claims on Cyclone WAY before you...

And Macyn, well, he's a well known Hank Pym sympathizer, I'm just saying...
Those DICKS! Thanks for narcing on them Thor- this'll make making cuts SO much easier :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am Kreuzritter told me to have an "Elevator Pitch" for the game. So I narrowed it down to the summed-up version: In a world with a Justice League/Avengers, you're The Defenders. A rich guy/super-enthusiast is backing you, and now you have to prove yourselves in a world that's cynical about these "lower-tier" teams.
Question: Does this backing imply an additional equipment budget, just a free team base and/or team vehicle, or is it purely backstory?
The rich guy's place of business is the base, and they have a Generic Flying Team Vehicle (a couple years outdated than the top of the line, but ALMOST as good!).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Supernaturalist wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 am I'm very interested. I may have missed it in the post somewhere, but did you say how many players you'd be accepting?
I dunno- I was expecting 8-ish, but I'm not sure what's the peak limit of a PBP game before things break down.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:44 am
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm How does the Jabverse handle time-travel?

Not in the game-ruining way of a character who can actively hop through time on a whim; I’m thinking for an origin story of a character who came from the distant future but, due to shenanigans, cannot return to their native time. Sort of a Booster Gold situation.
It can HAPPEN, but it's about the rarest thing in the universe. No hero or villain has access to it, and even Cosmic Beings, Alien Intelligences and Brilliant Robots don't use it. It's happened before- the hero Cyber-Samurai (similar to, but legally distinct from, the Rifts O.C.C.) was time-tossed from his feudal Japan era and brought to modern times. The Legion of Light has teamed up with the Legion of Liberty in another time-caper.

But it's so rare that someone tossed through time is basically trapped forever.
I actually totally changed my mind on this and came up with a totally different concept. But if the one I PM’d you is too problematic for you, I can bring this original idea back.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:08 am Thought of a question, which city would our team be located in?
Mega City (people debate on whether or not there is a hyphen. Some sneaky bastard went into my OC-thread and put them in arbitrarily! THAT DICK! Surely *I* would never be inconsistent on it, given my rage whenever anyone says "Spiderman"), home of Mega-Woman and the expected place where "Greatness Happens".
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am In a world with a Justice League/Avengers, you're The Defenders. A rich guy/super-enthusiast is backing you, and now you have to prove yourselves in a world that's cynical about these "lower-tier" teams.
So....what I am reading into here is that we are sort of the second shelf heroes? Not necessarily B-listers in our own rights, but for whatever reason, we're not premier supers, whether its the image or we're just not QUITE on the same level as the big leaguers?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:18 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am In a world with a Justice League/Avengers, you're The Defenders. A rich guy/super-enthusiast is backing you, and now you have to prove yourselves in a world that's cynical about these "lower-tier" teams.
So....what I am reading into here is that we are sort of the second shelf heroes? Not necessarily B-listers in our own rights, but for whatever reason, we're not premier supers, whether its the image or we're just not QUITE on the same level as the big leaguers?
Basically. A BIG part of my setting is that there's a lot of supers, and MANY people want to be them. And there's kind of a "standing" thing with them, where some are selfish about it and want to be seen as "higher". The main team are seen as the "Dream Team" where everyone wants to be, but many of the people NOT on it see the team as elitist and making the wrong choices (there's a PL 9 and a PL 10 on the team, for example).

The idea is that there's a lot of "Lower-Tier" teams who want to be seen like the big team- they have a reputation for failure (which means our team will have people a big suspicious about their potential). One group I was working on (mostly un-statted for now) are colloquially called "The Super-Rejects" because they were mostly rejected from the Legion of Light. And OUR group will be a new one of those "Lower-Tier" teams- the rich owner will likely want you to be equal standing to the Legion. Some members might get chips on their shoulders about it. Others won't care.

Part of my setting is that the SERIOUS heroes don't care about stuff like that- fame is a poor reason to become a super-hero. But there's plenty of washouts out there like that.

I'll formulate the Recruiting Thread as quickly as I can, to get more of this out there.