Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
HP: 0
CND: Fatigued

Vee was taken a little off guard by Batman practically greeting them when they returned. "Three? There's four of.." she pauses and looks back, seeing only the Green Lantern and the magi calling himself Prestige. She sighs lightly as she turns back towards the caped crusader. "Nevermind I guess... there was a fourth, but there was a discussion of fighting the gangs in old Gotham. I tried to convince them it wasn't a good idea, and while the GL relented, I guess the other girl decided to sneak off on her own."

She listens quietly as Batman proposes that the three of them form a team, pausing to look at the others. Prestige seemed agreeable enough, and while she had a lot of respect for the Greens in general, this one seemed a little eager to find some trouble on the impulse. Then again, this was the only Lantern she'd met personally, so maybe they were all like that, though she did relent when reasoned with, so she wasn't hopeless at least.

Vee wished she could sneak a touch to get some insight as to what the others were thinking. Probably too obvious or too easy to miss-read the gesture.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

Tobey failed completely to hide his surprise at finding Batman at the scene of their earlier skirmish. Truth be told he'd thought something like this might be coming with what some of the others had said after the fight, but still...

What, we weren't good enough to fight the Regime, fight Brainiac? But now this? Tobey felt conflicted and it likely showed on his face.

But then again, why fight it? He'd just been pretty much offered exactly what he wanted. Truthfully, he'd have suggested sticking together to the others, already had in fact, after the fight. They could do some good together, and based on first impressions it'd be fun. Getting The Batman backing them would be a bonus on top of that.

Tobey's excitement got the better of him and his grin spread from ear to ear. "You got yourself a team.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN

"Good luck, slugger," Janet said goodbye to Grace, still conflicted about joining her.

It turned out that she may have made the right choice, although that depended entirely on the mood of the man waiting waiting for the trio on the other side of Prestige's portal. Batman. THE Batman. Not much shook the young woman-it was part of the job requirement, after all-but being suddenly face to face with those piercing eyes behind the cowl gave her pause. Hal always had a begrudging respect for the the Bat, and just being in the Dark Knight's presence gave Janet some insight into why.

Fortunately, it seemed he was happy with- wait. No. "Happy" was probably too strong a word for how Batman ever felt. Pleased? Satisfied? Yeah, that. Batman seemed satisfied with their efforts from before, and was suggesting they form a little team. They hadn't known each other long, but Janet didn't dislike either of the teen heroes. Prestige seemed fun and certainly had some flashy powers. Inquisitor... that girl was strong, and kept a level head when the rookie Lantern may have acted too hastily. But still, Janet wasn't looking for another Hal, always with the "Janet, no." Why never "Janet, yes!"? Still, forming a team would definitely be something Janet could put on her resume with the Guardians, and the thought of more active hero work brought a grin to her face.

"A team?" Janet questioned. "That would be gr- wait." Her smile dimmed. "If we wouldn't be part of the Justice League or the Teen Titans, then what would we be?" Janet feared that they were about to be sat at the kid's table.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

"We'd be in a League of our own GL. Rather fitting, if you ask me."

His excitement was showing and he'd clearly warmed to the idea.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Batman nodded briefly at Inquisitor's words. "Grace had... another task before her. She was needed elsewhere." There was no hint to what the task was in the Dark Knight's demeanor or expression. He folded his arms, his cloak flowing over them and concealing his body from view. He looked to Green Lantern and Prestige. "You would be a new team, one that could respond to smaller crises more swiftly than the New Justice League or the Titans. We have need of all the heroes we can find, and you're among them now, as you've proven with this."

If the Bat was reluctant to do this, no sign of it showed in his expression. "Your name is your own to chose. Just know that you'll be stuck with it." He turned away from them, before looking back. "The media is going to be along shortly. I'd advise you all to return to your civilian identities. I'll be in touch." With that he vanished into the shadows of an alley.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The blonde young woman watches Batman walk away. She'd met him briefly and had a few meetings, which were also brief... and one-sided. She still wasn't used to the presence the guy had. And that was when she was meeting him as Bruce Wayne. The costume added some serious gravitas.

"Well....I guess that's a thing then. We should probably do as the man says and make ourselves scarce, but we should meet up somewhere a bit later. Any suggestions?" she looks between the two. Having only been out in the world for a short period, she was definitely not up to date on the fresh hot hang out spots for people her own age.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey shrugged. "Inter-dimensional magical tower? ...or a coffee shop. We should probably figure out a place of our own if this whole 'work together but separate' is gonna be a thing."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"I don't know any magic towers.. maybe coffee shop? But I agree we should look for a sort of clubhouse of our own to operate out of." the blonde teen nods in agreement, looking towards the Latern for her weigh in.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN

Janet shrugged at the pair, not having much to offer in regards to a hangout. They probably didn't have the means to get to Oa... not that the Guardians would just let the young woman bring her new teammates to crash on the couch anyway.

"Batman did say he'd be in touch," Janet offered. "Maybe he's got a place in mind? Like a spare Batcave for us?" That admittedly would have been cool. "My Ring can get in touch with you guys if we need to decide later."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:15 pm"I don't know any magic towers.. maybe coffee shop? But I agree we should look for a sort of clubhouse of our own to operate out of." the blonde teen nods in agreement, looking towards the Lantern for her weigh in.
"I know a few. Well, one, but with the way it's bigger on the inside it feels like more than one. I can show you around sometime. The Bat might have something waiting in the wings for us but it's good to look at options. And keep in touch. Best way to show we can play in the big leagues is to show we don't need a babysitter."