Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 0; LP: 1; Condition: Fine

Grace hopped down off of her perch to take a look at the headband. "so, just the one headband, out of this whole group? Makes you wonder what was so special about the woman who was wearing it... I hope we can keep her isolated from the others, ESPECIALLY this guy" she added, glancing over at Blast Master.

>OOC: I'll add a technology check when I get home and can access a dice roller, or GM can roll in secret (modifier is +7)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
HP: 0
CND: 2 Damage, Fatigued

Vee shrugs slightly. "Not a techie, but I can try and get some info from some of the soldiers. The woman who had the headband might remember who put it on her, so might Blast Master himself." she looks to the officer. "I promise to keep it to surface level mind reading, no deep or rough stuff that risks making them vegetables."
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Grace

Grace was able to identify some components - mostly aural based mind-affecting components - but there were more that she cannot truly identify. The manufacture of the thing was unclear - it was probably hand-made, if she had to guess. Its small, precise components were not something someone with no expertise could manage - heck, she wasn't even sure she could manage to build something this complex without help. There were other hints, however - the headband was stitched with images of white rabbits and clocks, with a mirror at the forehead's position.

With her knowledge of Gotham's Criminal underworld, a possibility became slowly clear. Jervis Tetch, better known as the Mad Hatter, was infamous for his obsession with hats, mind control, and Lewis Caroll's Alice in Wonderland. What reason could he have for playing with a Regime soldier's mind?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft buzz - her phone, the special one that only two people had access to to begin with, was going off.

Prestige, Inquisitor, & Green Lantern
Chambers frowned slightly. "Ah... I have no idea what you're talking about. If you can do something, I ask that you do so. If not, or if it would be too hard, don't bother." At his thanks, she shrugged. "It's why I'm here, and not like these idiots." She nudged one of the prone soldiers with the tip of her booted toe. "I know what I stand for, and this is it."

She arched a brow at the four of them. "But seriously, you all came out to help this. Maybe you should look to each other in the future? If only so I don't have to drag one of your corpses out one day." She sighed, and her expression became careworn and tired. "Anyways..."

Green Lantern's ring buzzed softly at her. "Green Lantern Hal Jordan of Sector 2814 is attempting to contact you. Do you wish to respond?"
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 0; LP: 1; Condition- fine

Grace turned the headband over a few times, peering intently at it- there was only so much she could do without a lab (or at least without tearing the headband apart... "This looks like Tetch, the Mad Hatter. Not sure how it links up to the Regime, though... What was the saying- 'curiouser and curiouser'?" She handed the piece back over, and had almost started to ask another question when he phone went off.

THAT phone.

"'Scuse me. This might be important." Without another word, and without hesitstaion, she stepped back a little ways and took the call. After all, one does not spit into the wind, or pull the mask off the Lone Ranger, or mess around with Jim- and one definitely did not leave one's Bat-mentors waiting.

>OOC: Did Tetch participate on either side during the conflict, or is that not known?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Grace

The voice on the other side of the line was Batgirl's, as usual. Bruce didn't call very often. "You've just met up with a trio of other heroes your age, right? Batman would like you guys to form a team - a sort of younger arm of the Justice League, like the Titans were before they - we grew up. He's already been in contact with the others' mentors, and Inquisitor is... well, she is of special interest to us, so we've been keeping an eye on her. You've done well, Grace."

She paused. "I know this is sort of sudden, but, well..." Grace could hear the wry smile in Barbara's voice. "You'll adapt."
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

Tobey bristled somewhat at the Officer's words, taking them as doubt in their abilities. He remembered arguing with Batman and Zatanna to let him join the Insurgency. Well, in as much as one really argued with Batman.

He took back the headband, turning it over in his hands, uncommonly deep in thought. Finally he raised his eyes to the others. "Any spell I can think of, I need this headband as a starting point. Means since we have to give this away now, this'll be our only chance to try it this way. Of course even I can't promise a 100% success rate, but if we don't go with this now, we'll have to go at this some other way, follow your lead on the tech in the armor or this guy Tetch." He nodded to Green Lantern and Grace.

He shrugged. "Not meaning to put on any pressure, just wanting to keep everyone aware of the options."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vee nods to the officer and heads towards the cuffed female regime soldier. Telepathy was a murky kind of territory. There were not a lot of people who could delve into the mind of another, but doing so could be considered invasion of privacy, or so she had been told. But it was also a means to collect information from someone who didn't even actively remember it due to circumstances, such as this soldier might due to the headband. She stops in front of the cuffed soldier.

"We need information. We need to know who sent you all, who is trying to get momentum back under the Regime, who made that headband and why they put it on you specifically. Not sure how much of that you would personally know and I'm going to go hit up mellow yellow over there after, so just try and relax and let me find some answer, alright? I'm going to use my powers like how I learned you were under the influence of that headband, alright?"

She goes to lay a hand on the top of the woman's head. "Let's start with your name, then tell me what you remember about the current state of the Regime, who's in charge, and who put that headband on you and why. I'll see what's in your mind, so there's not much point in lieing."
Going to make a deception check to try and get her to be honest in thinking about the info she was asked, if she even knows. I think you make her Deception check versus the soldier's Insight privately so I don't know if I succeeded or not. Inquisitor's deception bonus is +12, and the Mind Reading DC is 24 vs Will if she opts to try and resist.

Figure I'll just focus on the soldier first. Hit up Blast Master after if no-one else wants to question him, or if something comes up to interrupt the opportunity to.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 0; LP: 1; Condition- fine

GRace couldn't help but smile, though she hid it well enough. "Thanks, I'll get to work on that. And I'll upload everything we find here, to the usual place." She slipped the phone back into one of her myriad of pockets and moved back towards the others- though she was careful to keep the young wizard between herself and Inquisitor. It wasn't fear, but when one thrived on secrets like the Bat-family did, unknown mind-readers tended to inspire caution...

She looked back at the headband for a minute. "Jervis Tetch is called the Mad Hatter- he specializes in mind control through technology, just like that thing. If he is behind this, I'm a little surprised he didn't have those on all of these troops, just in case. He wasn't really on either side during the Conflict, at least not publicly. And I'm not sure how much he would support the Regime, not really- though he might be using their scraps and their name for his own ends. He is, after all, more than a bit crazy, if brilliant in his field." She looked from Prestige to the police officer and back. "For what you are thinking, do you need the whole headband, or would part of it do?," she asked him, then turned towards the police leader. "And from your end, would it matter if part of the headband had, say, broken off during the fight? A piece that isn't critical from a tech analysis standpoint, but could be a link for a wizard- like the clasp; the part that just holds it together, and would have to have been touched by whoever put it on the subject. Asking for a friend, as they say."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey fell deep into thought from the question, turning the headband in his hand as if it allowed him to process the question better.

"It's not about the size, it's the completeness of it. A whole gives a better aura than a piece, kind of a stronger signal. But I think I can work with just a clasp or something similar, just enough for me to fingerpring them, so to speak."
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Grace, Prestige, and Green Lantern

Officer Chambers looked on at Inquisitor's actions, before a siren caught her attention. "I'll trust you all with this, but I need to go and explain a few things to the backup I requested... and to deal with Shotgun and poor Tyson..." She walked back towards her patrol vehicle, but paused and turned to face the heroes. "Good work, all of you. Thanks for the backup - and if you find Tetch, make sure he doesn't have any hostages before taking him down. He has this obsession with young women that fit a certain type."

Inquisitor
The woman glowered up at Vee, her eyes hardening. "You freed me, so I thank you for that, but if you think I'll betray the Regime for you, you'll need to think again, girl." However, there was an edge of desperation to these words - she didn't think she could resist the telepathic intrusion. Despite this, she threw her all into the resistance, and Inquisitor found that she couldn't easily penetrate her mind. Indeed, the woman very nearly threw her out... but not quite.

I am Private Jean Taylor, of the 3115th One Earth Regiment. Inquisitor saw, flashing before her eyes, that the woman - Jean - had been attacked in the streets - Gotham - as she was on watch one night, and had awoken with the headband on her head, under the control of someone else. The fury of helpless betrayal surged in her, and nothing seemed to be right - she had lived in a daze.
Awaken

Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN
Chambers looked at Janet, arching a brow. "I'd like to do that, Lantern, but after what one of you pulled with Congress..."
Oh, yeah. That. That was before the Regime really started ramping up, but Janet still remembered the time Hal and Flash stepped in to "help" the United States government from shutting down. Why did she have to have to face consequences for something her mentor did years ago? Janet wasn't Hal Jordan. And now the wizard was talking like them coincidentally coming together made the teenagers some sort of team? These guys would slow her down in the cosmic scene, Janet thought, perhaps with too much arrogance in her ring-slinging abilities.

"My Ring can scan it and-" Green Lantern offered curtly before she was cut off.

"Green Lantern Hal Jordan of Sector 2814 is attempting to contact you. Do you wish to respond?"

Crap. Did Hal know what she had done? Her actions outside of his supervision was supposed to be limited, as per the Guardians of the Universe. She had hoped maybe Hal was busy in the ether, doing like... ring shit. The maverick Lantern was the last person Janet wanted to talk to right now-she'd much rather be getting to work on finding this Tetch character-but ignoring him would probably make things worse later.

"Uh, one moment," she floated off the ground and went a short distance away, holding the Ring near her mouth. "What do you want, Hal? You're going to have to make it quick; um... I'm on a bus and... we're about to go through a tunnel."

This was, of course, a terrible lie for two reasons. One was because Janet wouldn't accept a "call" from her Ring if she was in her civilian identity. And two, Green Lantern Power Rings got better reception than that.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

"You've been off your bus for at least fifteen minutes, Janet." Her superior's voice came from the Ring with a dry tone. "And I heard that you encountered something of interest to the Corps, as well as some of your peers. The League thinks that you worked well together, and wants to see if you can keep it up."

Hal sighed. "You need to take some time, kid, and get a chance to learn your limits. Maybe this'll be that chance."
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Victoria considers what she's learned here. "Well, Jeeeeeean..." draws the name out, slightly mocking at the soldier's proclamation to refuse to cooperate. "Looks like the Regime isn't personally responsible here....seems maybe it is getting its strings pulled." she grabs the woman soldier by her collar and lifts her with the remnants of her Kryptonian strength. "But you remember this.... JEEEEAN.....your Regime killed my parents for trying to protect me.....then your Regime MADE ME what I am today....so you can very effectively blame this beating on your own damn Regime."

She drops the soldier unceremoniously and stalks towards Blast Master without waiting for Jean to get a word in, letting the accusations sink in.
What's Blast Master's current status?
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey quietened down after Inquisitor stalked off from the Regime soldier they'd freed from mindcontrol to go to Blast Master. His smile faded as he followed after her.

"Im sorry for your loss. Your parents I mean. I lost mine too, for protesting against the Regime. Sounds like you had it even more rough after that, though."

He held off, unsure how to continue. She seemed angry and he could recognize that anger, could see it staring back from the mirror some days.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vee pauses in walking as Tobey catches up and attempts to relate with her, waiting a beat before looking over her shoulder at him. "Not right now, pretty boy..." then slowly turns back and continues on towards Blast Master to pick his brain.