Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN
HP: 0

No, the ring-slinger had decided, she couldn't risk a trip back to the bus. It wouldn't be hard for people to connect the dots if a young, dark-skinned, brown-haired woman was grabbing Janet's luggage. Maintaining a secret identity, at least until she was done with high school, was one of the few words of advice Janet took Hal up on. Whatever this new group was going to face, she'd deal with it, even if it had to be done with just 5% power. The teenager would have to try to explain she got lost in the chaos later; it's not like she was going to pass this chance up to return to a rousing field trip.

"Thanks, we will," Janet assured Officer Chambers before turning back to the teen team. "I say we go to those headquarters and see if there's anyone else who needs their butt kicked," she slammed a fist into her palm. Inquisitor was on the phone now, which made three out of four them that had been contacted after the incident. Maybe Prestige was just waiting on an owl to deliver a message?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
CND: 2 Damage, Fatigued

"Hi Mr Freys. Everything's fine, though my clothes have seen better days. There was some yuppie Regime wannabe trying to make a resurgence shooting at cops. Some casualties there unfortunately... but some other cape types in my age bracket happened to be in the area too and we subdued the threat. There's a friggin' G.L. here! Can you believe that? Anyways, we're still at ground zero here." she follows by giving him the street names and letting him decide if he wants to meet with her still and what not.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Inquisitor
"Y-you... I beg your pardon? You went and fought against a remnant of the Regime? My goodness." Freys' voice was astonished, and a note of panic entered it as he continued. "I see. I'll have to call my employer, you understand, to confirm everything is alright, but I believe that he will be quite content with the way things have transpired, oh, yes, indeed." A pause.

"I suppose we'll have to reschedule, then. I'll arrange it through the usual channels. Just don't get into any trouble, and I'm sure everything will work out."
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

"Soon as Inquisitor's done with her call, I should be able to open up a portal to these bozos' hideout. At least if she can plug a view of the place in my head. Might take a couple of portals depending on distance but I should be able to get us right in there no problem."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vee nods along with the conversation, not that Freys can see that. "I suppose it wouldn't matter if I did have an issue with you telling your boss about it.. anyways, in the aftermath we got a lead to the base of this particular splinter group... so i think the plan is me and the others are going to go check it out. Not sure what we'll do once we get there, but I'll be careful, scout's honor." she does not even bother holding up her fingers in the salute...nor was she ever part of any junior scouts group.

"Anyways, the base is in Gotham, we have a teleporter, so we'll be heading there. You can pass that along to the boss too. Anything else? Looks like the others are ready to head out."
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Inquisitor

"Oh my goodness. A teleporter, of all sorts... You'll have to fill me in on your adventures when we next meet, child." He sounded somewhat overwhelmed by the amount of information being presented to him all at once, but Freys boldly held on to his path. "Do be careful in Gotham, though. I understand there are a great many groups of looters and gangs there that might menace those from afar."

Well, that she already knew. Indeed, Gotham's ruins were infamous for the sheer number of gangs and almost feudal society that it had descended into. Mind, much of the country was similar, but Gotham was especially bad, as the NGPD fought daily to reclaim the city from itself.
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

"I'll open up the first portal to get us closer, say a rooftop for a nice vantagepoint. Then, Inquisitor can feed me a look at the hideout and I can get us in right through the door."

Tobey pressed his palms together, speaking "Noitatropelet" as he did. Disks of light lit up on his hands and as he drew them apart he twisted his hands at an angle to spin them out. The disks continued growing until they converged to form a shimmering portal standing in the air.
Bill from Accounting

GREEN LANTERN

"Noitatropelet"

What was that? Latin?

Janet gave the wizard's spell an impressed whistle, tempted to stick an arm through (the real one, not the construct) just to see how it felt. "Well, that's one thing the Ring can't do." I think?
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

The portal stood frozen in the air, the inside of the ring showing a view that impossibly did not match it's surrounding's on their end.

When Janet put her hand to it, it offered no resistance and her hand easily went through. If seen from the side, it looked like her hand disappeared into thin air.

"Shall we go?" Tobey indicated the portal to the rest of the group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"Will do. These other guys are no slouches either. My back feels pretty safe being watched by them." she looks back over her shoulder at the others and the portal coming up. "Okay, portal's up. Time to go. I'll check in a bit later." Vee hangs up and returns to the group.

"Ladies first through the portal is it?" she smirks and winks at Prestige before moving through the portal without a hint of hesitation, having a look around at where the homo magi brought them out.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey shrugged nonchalantly with a smirk of his own. "Hey, you seemed like you could handle yourself back there and I have no problems watching your back." Following her through the portal he took in the rooftop he'd landed them at.

"I should be able to get us into the hideout with a second jaunt, although we could go to say across the street from the place and take a few minutes to scout the situation out before going in."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 0; LP: 1; Condition- fine

Miranda had been content, for the most part, to simply observe as things wrapped up- what was happening around them, how her "New Friends" interacted, all those kinds of details. If there was one thing that one learned when training with the Bat-affiliates, it was how to keep your mouth shut and observe.

Even when one might be better served by speaking up, being quiet and stoic and mysterious was part of wearing the cape and cowl.

But when the young mage created his teleportation portal, she did lean forward a bit. For all the wonders that a well-trained body could accomplish, and far all the tricks and knowledge a genius level brain could pull together, there were some things that were just flat-out IMPOSSIBLE for a regular person to do. Like Magic, just casually creating a hole in the fabric of reality exactly where you wanted it. That sort of thing never got old- it was simply amazing to witness- and of course, analyze.

"Let's just go through, and take a bit of a look around. Some of the city is in pretty bad shape these days- and there are some bad peoplescattered around- like these Regime goons. A little bit of scouting might save us from stepping into a fight we don't need..." And with that, she dove through the gap in reality- back to HOME...

>OOC: Move through the portal, take a look around. Expertise (Area knowledge/ Gotham) 1d20+7= 20, Perception 1d20+9= 11; rolls http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=214889
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Grace

It took several moments for Grace to orient herself after diving through the portal. She was in a lair, dimly lit by the glow of the portal, that seemed mostly ruined. She spotted a few power lines by the light of the portal, though that was largely thanks to her low-light goggles. A fridge stood in the corner, while seven cots sat opposite it. A desk and chair setup - ones that didn't match, she noticed - stood against the wall, while stairs leading up sat on the far wall from her.

Initially, Grace was unsure of where she was, but upon ascending the stairs (and skipping over the rubble that crowded them) she recognized the grand, sweeping ceilings of the building that they had built their base in - Gotham Cathedral. The last time she'd been here, it had been filled with light through stained glass windows, not holes in the roof. The pews had been immaculate, and the confessional well repaired, not in ruins. It had been a place of life and religion, not the haunted ruins of memories nigh-forgotten. One wall was marked with a familiar symbol, likely spray-painted there by the idiots that she'd just helped to beat up.

The Cathedral was still deep within Gotham, with the NGPD's frontier still miles from South Gotham, and it showed. Returning back down to the base, she got the definite sense that it had been their home for at least a few months. It had a definite "lived-in" feel to it... though there wasn't any of the modern amenities she was used to, not even a computer.
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 0; LP: 1; Condition- fine

In a few minutes Grace prowled back to where the others were waiting. "Good news first, I guess. Doesn't look like there is anyone else around- we're pretty deep in the ruins here, and it looks like this bunch was tough enough to hold this bit of turf. Probably don't want to go for a stroll around the block, though..."

"Other than that, not a lot of clues on a quick sweep- if some of you want to take a look yourselves you might find something. Place looks lived in, but not like much of a Home, if you know what I mean. No computers or comms that I could see- if Tetch was controlling them, keeping them offline would make it easier to keep them in the dark about little details like the total failure of their Regime. Not like they can pop down to Carson's mini-mart, one block down, on the corner- shame, they had good donuts..."

"So, what's next?"
Bill from Accounting

GREEN LANTERN
Condition: Fatigued, Dazed, 2 Damage

Janet held her Ring up, letting its emerald shine illuminate the lair in the ruins. The place was a mess, and served as a grim reminder of the devastation left by Brainiac. Still, just being here, on a mission to do some real good, made it infinitely better than sitting on a bus. Grace said there didn't seem to be much here, but the Ring might have said otherwise.

"Ring, sweep the area; let's see if there's any tech here," the Lantern stated, once more making use of her Ring's scanning capabilities. If they were lucky, maybe she would even find something produced by Tetch himself.
Using Environment to light the room. Setting my Scanning Beam to:
Electronics Scan: Ranged Detect Technology (Acute, Analytical); 4 PP
And the Perception roll for scanning the room:
Scanning Beam Perception: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.